If someone came along and offered to make you millions of dollars...

Here is a question to ponder. Let's say someone comes along and tells you that they can make you millions of dollars and the only thing you have to do, for your part, is keep anyone from messing you up while you do so, what would you do?

Please also consider that this person has given you some credentials and a fairly good idea of what they plan on doing, to reinforce the fact that they can, in fact, make you millions of dollars? Also, consider that this person is also willing to provide more credentials, if necessary. Lastly, consider the fact that this person isn't asking for anything back, from you, except, of course, that very thing that will keep anyone from messing them up along the way. That is your one job. Millions of dollars; one simple and easy task; Keep assholes from fucking things up.

Let me compare this situation to you being the owner of an art gallery. A very talented artist is so impressed by your gallery, that they offer to create some works of art, for you, for free, which will net you some serious cash. The artist is concerned about assholes, coming along, saying I don't like this because it's good, and they whip it out and start pissing all over his paintings. Your job is to keep those people from pissing all over the artist's paintings. Simple?

What would you do?
Last edited by Jess_GGG on Jan 19, 2015, 9:45:24 PM
Bringing money into the equation just ruins the game. I'm with Charan there :D
"
ionface wrote:
Bringing money into the equation just ruins the game. I'm with Charan there :D

I'm totally with you. I would love to be that artist and I really want to do this as a fan, not a GGG employee, because that will take a lot away from the whole thing for me. I just think it would be awesome for a fan, in a game, to step up and place what GGG needs to improve social interaction (mostly through guilds) right on their laps. I want to be Santa Claus, not Joe Cubicle. My only concern is having other players destroy my work because of their jealousy and hate. I've had it happen before on such a large scale that I'm very gun shy now.
You are really having some anxiety issues for being so sociable.

If you fear controversy around your wonderful suggestions so much, supply them to GGG directly at support@grindinggear.com or post them into the Suggestion subforum instead making a topic about your ideas in General Discussion. In Suggestion it will probably either be bumped or enhanced if people like it or be ignored.

You choose your audience. You make your art gallery private or less accessible. Simple as that.
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
You are really having some anxiety issues for being so sociable.

If you fear controversy around your wonderful suggestions so much, supply them to GGG directly at support@grindinggear.com or post them into the Suggestion subforum instead making a topic about your ideas in General Discussion. In Suggestion it will probably either be bumped or enhanced if people like it or be ignored.

You choose your audience. You make your art gallery private or less accessible. Simple as that.

It's more of a PTSD issue, than anxiety, really. The trauma I experienced, in World of Warcraft, after spending several thousand hours building my guild up to be THE BEST of it's kind in the game, only to have to quit because of Blizzard's gross negligence in handling harassment/stalking/bullying issues over a period of over 9 months. I had so many jealous haters that I couldn't even log on and people would start fucking with me. All I did was make something awesome and assholes poured out of the woodwork. It would have turned out ok if Blizzard would have done their jobs. They don't give a shit about players. They want $$$$$$$ and players can just suck it as far as they're concerned.

If you want to see what I did and why I am so gun shy about devoting time to a cause as I would like to do, please see what I left behind:

http://www.casualkillers.guildlaunch.com

The site doesn't give as much justice to that guild as it should have, but you'll get the picture.

To add insult to injury, I'm now legendarily hated on that realm because a lot of my haters got together and started a whole bunch of nasty stuff about me after I left. Nasty, mean people can fuck up just about anything when they join forces. I just don't want that happening here after I spend years/thousands of hours of my time.
Last edited by FusionReactor on Jun 13, 2014, 5:51:20 AM
Problem number one. You allowed someone on the internet, someone you don't know or will ever meet, have influence over you.

"
Moonyu wrote:
Problem number one. You allowed someone on the internet, someone you don't know or will ever meet, have influence over you.

It wasn't just someone. It was hundreds of them. It was a sport, after a while, to fuck with me, because everyone saw that Blizzard could care less.

Let's put it this way. I had THE guild on my realm. I also was richer than anyone else, too. Me and my guild controlled the market there. It was very political, too. Yes, games have politics. I also had guildies, from other guilds, leave theirs to join mine because the grass was greener. This made a lot of gms mad, although I was completely fair about not purposely poaching their guildies. GMs sicked their entire guilds on me. There's a lot more but this will paint a good picture.
Last edited by FusionReactor on Jun 13, 2014, 7:01:32 AM
You are failing to see my point. You let them get to you. Letting it get personal is a huge mistake.

I would have tried to be nice at first because its the right thing to do. But with attacks not stopping, I would have attacked them back.

Get way to piss off trolls? Take everything they say as a compliment and thank them. Nothing pisses of someone more than you not getting pissed off.
depending of my situation

now Im a poor student so will go for it

who knows later
"
Moonyu wrote:
You are failing to see my point. You let them get to you. Letting it get personal is a huge mistake.

I would have tried to be nice at first because its the right thing to do. But with attacks not stopping, I would have attacked them back.

Get way to piss off trolls? Take everything they say as a compliment and thank them. Nothing pisses of someone more than you not getting pissed off.

I always tried to be nice and I even helped a few gms with their guilds and offered to help anyone else but the hate kept pouring in. The idea behind my guild was to improve my realm, as a whole by providing a WoW school guild in the form of a casual/social/leveling atmosphere where there was little pressure. After people got to the point where they were ready to raid I happily cut them loose and even helped find guilds for them in some cases. It was more about my realm than anything, yet the hate was so intense there. I totally blame Blizzard for allowing this stuff on ALL of their realms. They have proven to me, hardcore, beyond a doubt, that they don't give a shit about players, period.

Things got out of hand; way out of hand. That's what it boiled down to. And yes, I fought back. I'm not Gandhi.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info