New Forum Policy: No Hateful Posts

"
Chris wrote:
Passive-aggressively accusing us of being bad developers is not useful to anyone.

On that topic, developers have feelings too. I care about the health of my team, and that includes their mental health. Some threads recently have honestly been incredibly hurtful and horrible to read. I have a thick skin, but I will not tolerate the forum causing my developers to feel upset about the reaction to the hard work they're putting in. They love constructive feedback on their work and really like hearing the good and bad points that you've seen in it.

Let me just active-aggressively tell you that you and the rest of the team do an amazing job! :-)While playing and following the news and forum posts, one can definitely feel how much effort you put in the game and how hard you think and try and work to make this game special and enjoyable.

I totally enjoy this game and I even more enjoy the way you deal with feedback and how close you are to the players.

A huge "Thank You!" from one of your fans from the other side of the planet [Germany :3]!
IGN: ArrowInYourForsakenKnee
Last edited by Helbelinc on May 2, 2014, 1:35:15 PM
imo this is going to far by saying what people can and cannot say.. can i get a refund on the hundreds of dollars ive invested in this game? i dont support dictators.
and i read forums often and its mostly people complaining about things that do need to be addressed in ur game.. taking the right away from the people of expressing there opinion is not how u fix the problem, so do us all a favor get off forums and fix the problems that "dozens" of people are having with your game.

your gonna lose money by doing this i hope you understand that. mostly from america especially since that is our 1st amendment right. i know some people will say well this isnt america idiot bla bla bla doesnt matter where ur from you are your own person no one owns you and you can say what u want.goin around telling people what they can and cannot say is like taking a gun shooting urself in the foot.

now go ahead and remove this.. probate me.. lmfao!

bad move GGG bad move.
I HATE those friggin' crabs, the witch on the coast, Hailrake, rhoa's, exploding lions, puncture shooting archers, exploding bandits, Gruest's pissy attitude, spiders, the Vaal monster that steals the sunlight, Carrion queens, monkeys, that oozing chaos cloud, void bearers, etc...... and Dominus. I hate your 120 exalted cyclone build and that your uber gear is better than mine. That you are higher level than me. But most of all I hate dying ;-P

Oh and HATE those damn rogue exiles and the idiots that pop the boxes they live in.
"
So this died in the arse. Hard.

...................................................₪₪╔═══════════════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ⓡ ⓔ ⓑ ⓔ ⓛ ●๋ ⓔ ⓧ ⓘ ⓛ ⓔ▀▄▀░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓██████▓▒░
...................................................₪₪╚═══════════════════════╝₪₪
Hi

SO LETS MAKE THIS CLEAR: out of the frying pan and into the fire?

Why don't you take peoples advice and actually do something with it!!!!

10/10 for Nelson explaining it best

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
So I had a recent Email chat with GGG support where they told me that I had a terrible post history. I asked them for evidence of this, and they told me I made an attack thread against Americans.

The thread had actually been titled 'Another fine example of America's intellectual superiority', with a funny youtube video of not so intelligent Americans.

It was clearly a funny, and not a hateful post. Also why am I not equally allowed to practice my beliefs in anti theism and blasphemy on the same level that any theist would be allowed to post about their religious beliefs? Making fun of beliefs is not hate speech.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Hint, jokes at other peoples expense are rarely friendly, but neither hateful.

Hate speech means incitment to violence or planning violence through speech, at least in UK laws, not merely taking the piss out of other people.

(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
You are talking about Hate preaching.

Some supporters bend the hateful posting rule.

1 vulgar word is enough to get parts/the entire posting removed.

Support doesn't take those threads into context.

Some US Americans got a "patriotic 'Murica #1" culture. With context it's only mocking a trait existing part of the culture.

Same thing would be tourists from Rus, Ger, Uk or Jap.
The German Oktoberfest.
Football obsession as national sport in the EU.
Ice Hockey obsession in nordic countries etc.

Those are cultural references.

But support considers them on the same level as threads working on prejudices.
Blacks, Jews, Muslims, Asians, German Nazis etc.

Support doesn't differ between prejudices and cultural references.

Cultural references is stuff some citizens are even ashamed about in their country.

Without being betrayers there are US citizens who are ashamed of uneducated "Murica #1" residents using a conferedated stats flag.

Same thing goes for the only being popular in South East Germany. There is a similar event popular in West Germany named Carnival with less alcoholics being involved.

Same goes for sport obsessions in their national sport. Read some articles on countries losing against nobodies in that sport or dropping out of a tournament.
France at the football worldcup 2010 for example resulted in headlines like "France surrendered worse than 1940 against Nazi-Germany" similar at ice hockey when Finland lost against Denmark in Icehokey during a European Icehockey Cup, when everybody predicted they would go against the eternal rival Sweden in the final.
But the headlines had several war references.

And you can be certain that there are people not being proud of a part of the tourism culture of certain countries.
If Sarah Palin were in charge ....

Glenn Beck, the outstanding US citizen.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on May 20, 2014, 3:21:14 PM
"
lolozori wrote:
you know what the problem is right? politically correct.

You have/had one or 2 white knights complaining about words/opinions/attitude, and now GGG staff decided those people are right to feel offended and need protections, like if they are 6 year old kids.

Staff erasing whole post just for one word, even used out of context, staff erasing opinions just because it could potentially or maybe hurt someone/something/ggg staffs.

I have been painting my all life and exposed my art in galleries with people calling my works" piece of shit" and I never complain about it because I know this is what append.

But people are so sensible those days they can t act like adults and they take it all personal.

That s a lack of maturity... strange for a game with mature content/ mature visuals.

QFT. This forum policy is totally shit.
i use a secret account because i am a politician that doesnt want the NSA to know i play poe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info