Oro's Righteous Fire Marauder [1.2.0]

"
VixTrader wrote:
And Blood Dance boots are very over rated for this build. They are great for other builds, but when you look at them, what are they? They are boots that give you life regen, which of course if you built your character correctly you wouldn't need.

Life regeneration is like life pool for a build like this; we all need it, and more is simply better. Since we can't leech with RF, regeneration is the only way we stay alive after taking hits. The question then becomes: how much more regeneration must one gain to justify a certain sacrifice in life? Well, let's take a look.

Assume you have 6000 life, 92% fire resistance, 10.1% life regeneration from the tree, and another 2.1% from a level 20 Vitality aura (including aura effect). These are reasonable assumptions for a higher-level RF marauder with Oro's build. You regenerate 732 life per second. Righteous Fire burns you for 0.90 * (1 - 0.92) = 7.2% or 432 points of your life per second. This brings your net regeneration down to exactly 300 per second. That's not too bad - you'll regenerate your life fully in just about 20 seconds.

The same character with The Blood Dance (and appropriate point investment and Bandit reward) will gain another 5% life regeneration on top of that. That comes to 17.2% life per second, or 1032 for a character with 6000 life. Most importantly, that means that our net life regeneration after Righteous Fire is now 600 per second - exactly double what we had before.

So, with a change in boots, we essentially double our life regeneration. This estimation isn't exactly accurate, as I haven't accounted for the life a set of rare boots could give (which could be something on the order of ~350 life), which would change both regeneration and burn damage. However, it's close, as ~350 life is only on the order of 5% of the total life of our assumed character.

The distinction between The Blood Dance and rare boots remains apparent with use of Ruby Flasks. The rare boots gain back some ground in this case, but remember that flasks have finite charges - using the Frenzy skill to build and maintain charges allows you substantial additional regeneration whenever you're fighting something, regardless of whether or not you can continue to generate charges. In fact, I would even go so far as to argue that this helps you to preserve flask charges for when you absolutely need to use them.

So aside from allowing you greater combat flexibility (since you are more consistently at high life, as opposed to a marauder with higher total life and slower regeneration), The Blood Dance do another notable thing - permit us to or improve our safety in half-Regeneration or Vulnerability map mods.

Vulnerability multiplies the damage you take from DoT sources by 1.4. (Technically, it is an 'increased' modifier rather than a 'more' modifier, but since it is the only existing modifier of its kind, the net result is a 'more' modifier.) Our previous 6000 life marauder was taking 432 damage, but now takes just about 605 burning damage per second. With rare boots, his regeneration is now only 127 life per second, versus 427 per second. In this case, The Blood Dance more than triples our effective regeneration (about 3.4 times).

However, Vulnerability mods aren't the worst to deal with - the worst to deal with are 'of Smothering' maps, or half-regeneration maps. If we have our 6000 life, 92% fire resistance, and 432 life per second, cutting our regeneration (732) in half results in an ultimately unsustainable -66 life per second. That is, we no longer actually heal from damage we take without relying on Ruby Flasks. With The Blood Dance, on the other hand, our regeneration is cut from 1032 to 516, which still leaves us with a net 84 life per second regeneration.

So The Blood Dance not only makes us tougher in normal situations, but either dramatically improves our performance in or permits us to (somewhat carefully) participate in situations which we would otherwise consider out of the question.

Continuing even further, The Blood Dance always has 20% increased movement speed, +2% for each charge we have. So, at full charges - which is the typical state when mapping or running bosses - we have the same movement speed as with a pair of excellent rare boots. In the Standard league, The Blood Dance typically sells for 1 Chaos Orb. In the same league, we can find some appropriate rare boots in a similar price range. However, if we try to match the 30% movement speed, maximize the life our boots give us, and gain resistances along the way, we end up with a much more expensive set of options. These resistances must be made up somewhere else with The Blood Dance - in which case, consider Brightbeak or Aurumvorax.

All this being said, it isn't even the limit of performance for The Blood Dance. Corruption allows us access to two additional Frenzy Charges from our boots and amulet if we're lucky.

What about the damage end of life? This is a Righteous Fire build after all. Well, if rare boots improve our life by about 5%, then they will improve our total damage by about 5%, assuming we have no ES. (If we do, then it's less than that.) Depending on your situation, 5% may or may not be significant. Either way, I contend that the overall healthiness of a character with high regeneration allows better 'combat uptime', if you will - that is, the character can more quickly recover from significant damage, meaning he can remain in combat longer or return to it sooner than a character with slower regeneration. In this dimension, I'm certain that twice (or more) the net regeneration allows for at least a 5% improvement in damage output during the actual time you spend playing.

Feel free to use rare boots, and recommend doing so to others if you choose. This is the examination that led me to chose The Blood Dance.

"
XenoNerve wrote:
IIR and IIQ gems in link with RF work.

We are aware. If you missed it, I had linked to the patch notes that were released after the devs had fixed the bug.

"
XenoNerve wrote:
the increase in drops is significantly high enough to sustain 75-77 map drops (don't expect shavs to drop on every map)

Are you referring to the item drops within maps, or the drops of maps themselves? Only the base quality of a map affects the maps it drops, according to the well-respected Map Management Resource by Lyralei (check out the 'Things to know' section).

"
XenoNerve wrote:
PS only gems work with IIR/IIQ snapshot (wondertrap etc doesn't work because it doesn't snapshot IIR from them etc and MF is calculated when monster dies)

This was the only detail I was unsure of. I don't remove my Carcass Jack when I play, so I had never had the occasion to examine it for myself.

"
szc92 wrote:
In ur opinion, which Codt combo on the Rise of the Phoenix shield is a better choice? Well I did tried Oro's Rejuvenate Totem, but the life regen it gives is way too insignificant and just about anything that hits it pops it immediately.. Atm I am using molten shell but it does little against some unique bosses and exiles with devastating damages.. (though it did give a nice effect)

Try swapping Molten Shell for Immortal Call. The net effect is a link that generates and immediately redeems Endurance Charges for physical damage immunity. It works well against mobs that deal high damage in fast succession (like groups of Devourers, Evangelists, Chimerals, or Rhoas). It's typically preferred to run that in a 4-link with Increased Duration, but make do with what you can. Getting a 20q Immortal Call makes a significant difference.

"
Lynerus wrote:
So far this looks as its the best items to use since it has the highest base armor given for each item type

That's an interesting examination, but really only useful if you intend to craft items yourself. Otherwise, the affixes are vastly more important than the base item.

As for the ES gear - I wouldn't bother. It's a little unclear exactly what will happen with Righteous Fire's damage snapshotting in the 1.2.0 update, but Mark has already said that snapshotting as a whole is on its way out.

"
Schlumungus wrote:
Is there a reason that you chose the 6% health only nodes (bottom of pic) instead of the 6% health + 8% mana nodes (top of pic) same amount of life, and free mana!

"
renyzen wrote:
also not sure why he did that, just take the ones with the extra mana instead

He did it because you still end up with terribly low mana and abysmal regeneration. It's basically a necessity to use Blood Magic for anything you want to use often or costs a significant amount of mana. The end result is that auras are the only thing that use mana, which means we don't care what our total mana is.
Its still free mana, might as well take it since theres no drawbacks right?(I will admit theres not much advantage either, but meh free stats are free stats)
"
renyzen wrote:
Its still free mana, might as well take it since theres no drawbacks right?(I will admit theres not much advantage either, but meh free stats are free stats)

I think the idea is to eventually take all of the life nodes from both clusters. The life nodes from the Bloodless, Athleticism, and Ranger life clusters are not as efficient per point invested as the 6% nodes.

Things are a bit different with level 100 builds, but few of us have to concern ourselves so.
Hopefully they buff RF after the indirect nerfs.
Last edited by EcNeRWaLJ on May 28, 2014, 6:38:40 PM
"
SilkTopHat wrote:

"
szc92 wrote:
In ur opinion, which Codt combo on the Rise of the Phoenix shield is a better choice? Well I did tried Oro's Rejuvenate Totem, but the life regen it gives is way too insignificant and just about anything that hits it pops it immediately.. Atm I am using molten shell but it does little against some unique bosses and exiles with devastating damages.. (though it did give a nice effect)

Try swapping Molten Shell for Immortal Call. The net effect is a link that generates and immediately redeems Endurance Charges for physical damage immunity. It works well against mobs that deal high damage in fast succession (like groups of Devourers, Evangelists, Chimerals, or Rhoas). It's typically preferred to run that in a 4-link with Increased Duration, but make do with what you can. Getting a 20q Immortal Call makes a significant difference.

Thanks for the answer. I guess my rf build will last me quite awhile (Till 70+ maps). Hopefully they don't remove the snapshot though. Lol.
Just thought I'd share my tree since it's a little different but I really like it.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwCcQSzBS0LYQxfEmkUTRZvFxwXLxjbGYUabBv6IWAj9iSqJLAl3ycvJ9Uo-imlLIUu_zWSNuk8BUCgQYdG10d-Sn1OKlBQVcZW-lhjWhpaSFuvXcZfP2BLYSFlTWegaHRxeXTtdPF4DXloeu99dYCkgseDOITZhO-G0Yd2iPGLjI9GlKCYrZ2unrmf36IAog-kGaSspwioGKluq8WtSrUEtfK3PriTvJ--isEExFjG2M0mz2XQ0NN-2mLdDeFz4urjauOf5CLr7u0g7g7vDu9673zv8PAf8i_z3fno-tL8xf4K_ro=

Main points - I get the increase AoE nodes in the templar area, the life and regen at duelist start, and heart of oak by ranger. All this instead of the flat life in the wheel of life and the life and armor nodes in the mara start. For reference, I don't have a Koam's - I'm using a carcass jack for the increased AoE - so I only have about 5,500 health, but I regen it very quickly and am doing very well in 75+ maps.
While I can appreciate the basic math involved in Blood Dance boots, and the fact that they might be helpful in one or two map situations, overall you're still totally overlooking the fact that more life = more RF, and more resists on boots (which is very easy to get for not that much invested) means that the rest of your gear can be substantially better as well. It's quite short sighted to do a boot to boot comparison, completely forgetting that it's super easy to get 30% all resist on boots, and not needing to spend 20+ EX on other gear pieces to make up that difference. Yes there is Aurumvorax which I of course use, but I also try to max out my IIR/IIQ on my RF character which again means, EXPENSEIVE AS FUCK if you want IIQ and high resists.

On an unlimited budget, "maybe" i'd consider blood dance. But that's not a reality for most people. Most people can probably afford a single Andvarius, and some basic 10-15% IIQ / IIR pieces, but they won't be able to also get high life and resists on them. You're better off getting that from your boots.

To each his own of course, but I find blood dance far inferior (at least for my build, which I think is actually the most common variation of the build so it seems to apply to many people)

0.02$
Any tips for doing Atziri with this build?
I have attempted twice and failed
Few deaths at vaals, few between the bosses, and never gotten past the triplets
Hi, I'm currently playing RF and I'm a bit confused about the max resi. I got 4% from tree, 8% from RotP and 3% from lvl 17 PoF = 90%.
I skilled Sovereignty to get +28% aura effect. It should give the lvl 17 PoF an extra percentage of max resi? Did they change something or did I miss something? I still got 90%..

Thanks for help.

Edit: Even the PoEBuilder shows 91%. Seems buggy..
Last edited by Ilvantastic on Jun 2, 2014, 5:37:01 AM
"
jackiexubm wrote:
Any tips for doing Atziri with this build?
I have attempted twice and failed
Few deaths at vaals, few between the bosses, and never gotten past the triplets

You need to tweak the gem configuration this build suggests for the Atziri area. Cast on Damage Taken isn't your friend for those areas you need to manually cast some of the skills this build uses and recommends you link with Cast When Damage Taken. I linked a 20/20 Immortal Call, Enduring Cry and Increased Duration in my shield for example.

I manually cast Enduring Cry, Immortal Call, Ice Nova and my curse of choice for the Atziri encounter otherwise i've got the same skill tree and basically the same gear this build suggests/recommends.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info