[2.6] Yalani's Low Life Righteous Fire Build

Pls - update skillthree for you BEST build! :)
Just a little PSA I found out to be quite interesting with this build :
I took a Phase Run instead of a second Vaal Disc in my Vaal Disc/Inc. Duration setup

Even without additional Frenzy charges, it lasts 3 seconds (75% uptime with 0 duration nodes), granting phasing (very handy with indoor maps) and reduced visibility to enemies. And the best part, as you dont actually cast/attack with RF, you can use it after casting Storm Orb on a group and then phase into the enemies without losing Phase Run.
Especially without Whirling Blade on Occultist, this has saved my life quite some time, where I would have been dead otherwise.
"
Just a little PSA I found out to be quite interesting with this build :
I took a Phase Run instead of a second Vaal Disc in my Vaal Disc/Inc. Duration setup

Even without additional Frenzy charges, it lasts 3 seconds (75% uptime with 0 duration nodes), granting phasing (very handy with indoor maps) and reduced visibility to enemies. And the best part, as you dont actually cast/attack with RF, you can use it after casting Storm Orb on a group and then phase into the enemies without losing Phase Run.
Especially without Whirling Blade on Occultist, this has saved my life quite some time, where I would have been dead otherwise.

I have been using Phaserun a lot in the past actually.
As you already said, its pretty amazing due to the fact, that RF's damage does not interupt the effect.
I removed it in favor of Vigilant strike though.

I'll add more Ascendancy Classes soon BTW (and a Trickster Tree without the need of Shavronne's Revelation).
A few of your links are not working and I am interesting how your build works. Name the Trickster Shadow variant. Looks promising so I look to the link fixes.
"
DoctorStrange wrote:
A few of your links are not working and I am interesting how your build works. Name the Trickster Shadow variant. Looks promising so I look to the link fixes.

Should be fixed now :)
Hi, Yalani!

I collected Witch Occultist - Without Shavronnes Revelation

You're 2 free slots. In the shield and the scepter.
In the scepter insert Vaal Discipline?
In the shield insert Vigilante Strike and use it as an auto-attack? For fortify?
Or auto-attacks we will now have the Orb of Storms?
If I wrote it right - then we put in the scepter second Vaal Discipline?

Please - please explain the mechanics and sequence of actions. At what point do we set the Orb of Storms? Before auto attack or absolutely no difference?

Thank you in advance!
Last edited by stick111 on Mar 15, 2016, 11:46:47 AM
"
stick111 wrote:
Hi, Yalani!

I collected Witch Occultist - Without Shavronnes Revelation

You're 2 free slots. In the shield and the scepter.
In the scepter insert Vaal Discipline?
In the shield insert Vigilante Strike and use it as an auto-attack? For fortify?
Or auto-attacks we will now have the Orb of Storms?
If I wrote it right - then we put in the scepter second Vaal Discipline?

Please - please explain the mechanics and sequence of actions. At what point do we set the Orb of Storms? Before auto attack or absolutely no difference?

Thank you in advance!

Yes, another Vaal Discipline + Vigilant strike sounds good.

Orb of Storms now procs Elemental Equilibirum for you (and also applies curses) - this means, that you do not need to autoattack anymore. Just use your Orb of Storms and use Vigilant strike for the Fortify if you need it.

You can still use your autoattack against bosses to proc the Elemental overlord Keystone more often if you like.

Last edited by Yalani on Mar 15, 2016, 10:09:16 AM
"
Yalani wrote:

Yes, another Vaal Discipline + Vigilant strike sounds good.

Orb of Storms now procs Elemental Equilibirum for you (and also applies curses) - this means, that you do not need to autoattack anymore. Just use your Orb of Storms and use Vigilant strike for the Fortify if you need it.

You can still use your autoattack against bosses to proc the Elemental overlord Keystone more often if you like.

Thank you for build and explanations !!!!!

P.S. The only thing that I see - 93 lvl I have 11903 ES. Equipment we have almost the same - and the difference is 900 ES.
Two points on the tree do not give such a difference :)

Thank you for build and explanations !!!!!
Last edited by stick111 on Mar 15, 2016, 11:44:21 AM
you must get stunned a lot with this build?

how is the damage and survivability in comparison to a life based pure RF?
"
mayainverse wrote:
you must get stunned a lot with this build?

Doesn't matter, since RF still deals damage even if you are stunned.

"
how is the damage and survivability in comparison to a life based pure RF?

Damage and survivability is both a lot higher compared to life based RF.
The difference is the price: life gear (and Kaom's) is cheap - Shav's and ES gear is not.

I leveled a RF Totem Chieftain in Perandus (still pretty low level @74) which honestly was kinda horrible. Damage is not a problem but the clearspeed still sucks due to the immobile Totems... I honestly have no idea why it is hyped so much. I respeced it into a life based RF build with 100% selffound gear (Except Rise of the Phoenix, which i bought for 1 Chaos) and its just sooooo much better in terms of clearspeed than RF totems, even though I still don't have a Kaom's and the rest of my gear also sucks.

Something like this is not possible with my build - you NEED that Shav's and you also need at least decent ES gear to get started... But if you can get your hands on some good ES items, you will be rewarded with more damage and survivability.

So if you have a lowish budget you should go with a life based build (or follow the hypetrain and play low clearspeed RF totems :P), otherwise go for this build.

Oh.. and a life based build can't go for a 5 link(unless your gear is so good, that you can play with a 2-handed Staff instead of RotP), so you have to get rid of Increased burning Damage or Conc Effect and also Item Rarity/Quantity as a 6th link.

Last edited by Yalani on Mar 18, 2016, 4:53:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info