Jan 14: One-week HC Race

"
Flab wrote:
Well I don't mean to harp on, but just to clarify, since it is all subjective.

I think turbo is what the game SHOULD be like, the other thing is it'd be the last race where I could still use phase run. I apologize for being disappointed.

I'm curious, how many of you wanting turbo have a ping anywhere near the 200ms range? I'm guessing not many. I'd love to be in a position to love turbo, but as a member of the above group I'm pretty glad for normal (non-turbo) being as it is!
"
skunk27 wrote:
"
Flab wrote:
Well I don't mean to harp on, but just to clarify, since it is all subjective.

I think turbo is what the game SHOULD be like, the other thing is it'd be the last race where I could still use phase run. I apologize for being disappointed.

I'm curious, how many of you wanting turbo have a ping anywhere near the 200ms range? I'm guessing not many. I'd love to be in a position to love turbo, but as a member of the above group I'm pretty glad for normal (non-turbo) being as it is!

My ping is around 200 minimum.
"

I played with friends on US Servers so I had 150-300 ping several times and same for them, when I joined maps first.

Another reason for Turbo is that grinding maps doesn't get frustrating over time.
On normal you do all maps beside Dark Forest, Maze and Cells without any bigger problem and it's frustrating getting stuck with low maps.

In Turbo even the pathetic Tunnelboss can oneshot you. Bosses are actually challenging.
Even "the idol beyond" isn't a free boss drop because if you get too close you are on triple shock, so you must fight for drops.
The devs should simply create a Turbo League on Open Beta so bored players get a challenge and casual players can play normal mode instead of puzzling how to make merveil more challenging like adding flicker strike.

I would have loved to see how well we would have done in Dark Forest,Cells or Maze in Turbo but we never got that far.

can you party with people during the hc race or no
I'm looking for a team or another player to party with during the race. I'll be playing everyday and intend to make a serious run at it. I have a mic and a good bit of expeirence with the game itself, intending to play LS Templar with a couple of auras. If anyone's interested just add me in game or message me here so we can talk more about it.
Ищу пати на недельку.
Play all day all night.
GG@!@
"
Flab wrote:
My ping is around 200 minimum.

"
Hilbert wrote:
I played with friends on US Servers so I had 150-300 ping several times and same for them, when I joined maps first.

Then I guess you're both braver (or maybe just more masochistic :P) than I am. I'm usually 250-300 ping and all of my attempts at turbo races resulted in some pretty strange deaths, most of which weren't even visible on the client side. It definitely makes the game more difficult, which is great, unfortunately it's pretty similar to the way de/resync increases difficulty from my experience.
playing from eu on usa gateway doesn't make that much of a difference because it's a steady ping, and even if desync are more likely to occur it stays ok
once you're above 250 ping in the other hand, especially if you're playing melee it's really annoying for each hit
I need a group for this event. Will be shooting for 10-20 range in rank.
ign: Vixien

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info