Multiboxing is allowed ?

"
gilrad wrote:
"
I don't believe this is worthwhile in the new leagues, because you mostly get IIR bonuses from having more characters on the team and boss drops are already mostly magic items, so the bonus doesn't help.

You're right that it's not worth it, but it's not worth it for different reasons:

Even going solo, with enough IIR killing a boss can fill the screen with rares. Pre-1.0 people would multibox to get even more rares, as well as using a dedicated culling strike character to maximize on IIQ and IIR. It was a lot of work and a lot of tab switching, from what videos I saw (I never actually bothered trying it out myself).

Now however, doing Dominus runs is so much easier and the loot is just slightly less time-efficient, I really don't see why anybody would bother multiboxing piety or vaal anymore.

Think of it this way:

Before, you would spend 5-10 minutes getting to piety, a few minutes juggling your multiple accounts, a minute or two killing piety while trying not to get your other accounts killed in the crossfire, and all for a screen full of rares and maybe a unique.

Now, you can spend 5 minutes or less getting to Dominus, kill him without bothering with multiple accounts (I imagine the blood rain is very unhealthy for them anyway), get a slightly smaller screen filled with rares and maybe a unique.

But the difference of volume of rares doesn't really matter in the long run, unless you blindly flip them for alts you're going to be spending the lion's share of your time making sure you aren't selling a high-quality rare.

I suppose if you're really gunning for a particular unique, you could stack IIR and multibox and see how many uniques you can get to drop consistently from a boss, but IIR and IIQ have diminishing returns if they get too high so you're probably not going to get that many more uniques than a guy who just aims for ~150 IIR ~100 IIQ and does everything solo.

I'm not speaking from personal experience, but I recall reading a dev post about how IIR works, and basically what he was saying was that IIR increases the chance of an item dropping as 'magic.' Then a certain % of 'magic' would become rare or unique, but that latter % is not affected by IIR. Perhaps I misunderstood the post, but that was my understanding.

If you kill a high drop boss now, 90% of the drops are blue or better anyway, so if what I say above is correct then having additional IIR does not really help you, only IIQ does.
I think it's pretty goddamn stupid how GGG says "yeah, you can go ahead and multibox, but you'll only benefit if you use third party programs." [Removed by Admin]
IGN: WeenieHuttSenior
US East
Last edited by Brian_GGG on Nov 24, 2013, 1:40:49 PM
You can have multiples clients open and use isboxer but you can't have all of your characters casting/attacking with the stroke of a single key or moving all at once with a single mouse click.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info