Multiboxing is allowed ?

I'll answer it again to clarify. You can have multiple instances running at the same time, but you have to control each instance separately. You can't have a program which issues commands to one based on the actions in another.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I'll answer it again to clarify. You can have multiple instances running at the same time, but you have to control each instance separately. You can't have a program which issues commands to one based on the actions in another.

Can i use the same account? Like lets say, put in 6 of my chars to simulate /players 6?

Can i use the same email and password on a new account?
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Can i use the same account? Like lets say, put in 6 of my chars to simulate /players 6?

They cannot be from the same account. The moment you log in the second char the first one will be kicked back to login screen.

You can simulate players 6 BUT it's a lose-lose situation:
- All monsters in the instance have the life bonus of 6 player party no matter where the players are in the instance, but
- You have to keep all the six players within 2 screens of the the kill to get loot bonus.
- Experience per kill is the same as solo, then SCALED down if there are higher level party members around. This was explicitly implemented to curb the multibox abuse.

If it's the same email and password... it's essentially the same account isn't it? Since login is by email and password only.

Last edited by Ebrelle on Nov 24, 2013, 9:32:56 AM
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Each time you will run a new client with teh same login and passowrd it will disconect the previous one, if you want to have 6 players in one party you will actually need 6 accounts, that's why people usually farm normal merveil or things like, it would be very tedious to bring 6 characters to lvl 60+ to be able to farm something better.
"
Ebrelle wrote:
You can simulate players 6 BUT it's a lose-lose situation:
- All monsters in the instance have the life bonus of 6 player party no matter where the players are in the instance, but
- You have to keep all the six players within 2 screens of the the kill to get loot bonus.
- Experience per kill is the same as solo, then SCALED down if there are higher level party members around. This was explicitly implemented to curb the multibox abuse.

When you put it like that it seems crazy to multibox within the rules :)
I make music, you can listen and dl for free at https://analogmunky.bandcamp.com/music or https://soundcloud.com/analogmunky/tracks
The only 'viable' multi-box scenario pre-release was to farm bosses like Merveil and Vaal Oversoul (usually in Normal or Cruel.) You got 3x the drops, and all you had to do was port in the 5 other characters right before you went and stomped on the boss.

I don't believe this is worthwhile in the new leagues, because you mostly get IIR bonuses from having more characters on the team and boss drops are already mostly magic items, so the bonus doesn't help.
The only way I could see multiboxing (legally ofc, botters typically get banned anyway) being beneficial, is if you were to, say, farm Piety or some other boss, and run/clear solo, and then open a portal within the boss room, then kill the boss with your strongest char, while the others just stand around providing loot bonus(maybe with minions attacking), but to me that would be too much effort to bother. The only "boxing" I've done is using a 2nd account to provide waypoints, for leveling chars or to keep a portal up at zoneline to whatever zone I farmed at the time (and even that is a bother, due to me being lazy)
People use multiboxing to mule stuff between accounts... not for a particular advantage.
"
I don't believe this is worthwhile in the new leagues, because you mostly get IIR bonuses from having more characters on the team and boss drops are already mostly magic items, so the bonus doesn't help.

You're right that it's not worth it, but it's not worth it for different reasons:

Even going solo, with enough IIR killing a boss can fill the screen with rares. Pre-1.0 people would multibox to get even more rares, as well as using a dedicated culling strike character to maximize on IIQ and IIR. It was a lot of work and a lot of tab switching, from what videos I saw (I never actually bothered trying it out myself).

Now however, doing Dominus runs is so much easier and the loot is just slightly less time-efficient, I really don't see why anybody would bother multiboxing piety or vaal anymore.

Think of it this way:

Before, you would spend 5-10 minutes getting to piety, a few minutes juggling your multiple accounts, a minute or two killing piety while trying not to get your other accounts killed in the crossfire, and all for a screen full of rares and maybe a unique.

Now, you can spend 5 minutes or less getting to Dominus, kill him without bothering with multiple accounts (I imagine the blood rain is very unhealthy for them anyway), get a slightly smaller screen filled with rares and maybe a unique.

But the difference of volume of rares doesn't really matter in the long run, unless you blindly flip them for alts you're going to be spending the lion's share of your time making sure you aren't selling a high-quality rare.

I suppose if you're really gunning for a particular unique, you could stack IIR and multibox and see how many uniques you can get to drop consistently from a boss, but IIR and IIQ have diminishing returns if they get too high so you're probably not going to get that many more uniques than a guy who just aims for ~150 IIR ~100 IIQ and does everything solo.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
In short multiboxing is allowed WITHOUT using 3rd party program to automate actions. ISboxer falls into the 2nd category and is VERY difficult to detect and stop. Very difficult doesn't mean impossible.

You were caught using a 3rd party program and that account was banned.

Whether multiboxing is worth it or not I leave up to you to decide but there are quite a few people who do it for it to be worthless.
Crafting doesn't exist in POE. Gambling does...and the house always wins.

Velocireptile - I LOL'ed. Which made me fart. I wish the office were empty right now :(

Hardlicker - I had to push the dog out of the way so I could get to the sexy quilt.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info