0.9.13k Patch Notes

"
Secksy wrote:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/64364

Higher level players don't want to be spammed with new player questions and items.

Yes..trading across multiple difficulties is good..but sooooo much spam from new players will cause a lot of people muting chat entirely..making less total people chatting.

What we need...

Normal Chat
Global Chat

So, normal players get their own chat. New questions will be asked in a new player friendly area, and the rest of the players past normal will all have a global cross difficulty chat.

I was excited for the chat change, but in practice..its making me want to mute chat. I can't handle the same questions asked every 5 seconds over and over and over..

"How do i link items?"
"My support gem wont work!"
"How do i get past these roots?!"
"What is the best class?"
"Want to sell my level 1 cleave gem!!!"

sigh :(

I can barely hold a conversation in global now. Merciless did have a pretty awesome community chat going in global. Not so much anymore.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This.

I agree 100%, i love GGG and everything you guys do but honestly this was a bad idea. Please take this quote and use it wisely. Couldn't have said it better myself. thanks.

Oh. And here i was hoping for the option to filter out messages with more than one trade item (so no spamming of stuff, but can still show that great rare/unique you just found) or a separate trade channel so i get less clutterspam and more interesting conversations.

But listening in to Normal chatter? eek. Also, I quite liked the old way while in Merciless - playing and reading the conversations most of the top players are having on balancing, builds etc. This isn't going to be possible now and i think it really hurts the experience of the game in higher levels.

All in all, I understand WHY you are doing this, But i think it's a terrible solution. Something better should be worked out without hurting the two mentioned points.
Playing a dual-wielding swordsman of some kind.
In game name is Kaosu and/or ChaosBlade.
I think what everyone needs to realise is that YES there is an influx of new people on normal atm... and YES there will be a HUGE number come Open Beta. The thing also is you are probably also going to be on normal when they all come flooding on so at this point it won't make a difference. Eventually all these new Open Beta players will be out of normal and into Merciless and shouldn't have the stupid questions anymore... lets be honest it doesn't take much play time to get to Merciless and there will only be 3 difficulties come open beta anyway.

I would suggest that some form of trade chat will be coming as well, though don't quote me on that.

But basically the "issue" of annoying normal chat won't last long... and once the influx comes they will either stay and become self sufficient players or they will leave and go to the next fanboy craze... from there the number of new players to the community will likely be very small compared to the community as a whole and therefore won't have the impact you are seeing now. You have to remember they just got a lot of publicity from winning the upcoming indie game of the year award etc...

I see this as something where we will have to ride out a small storm from now until maybe a month past OB max. After this point the community will settle and the number of new players will have little effect on Global chat.
IGN: Amel, Ameladol, Spock, ILoveUniqueThings, AmelPVP
All of you people talking about trade chat are seriously making me laugh out loud right now. Have you even played a game that has a trade chat? No one ever uses it, they just spam the global chat anyway. We already have a trade chat.
"
hacintosh wrote:
All of you people talking about trade chat are seriously making me laugh out loud right now. Have you even played a game that has a trade chat? No one ever uses it, they just spam the global chat anyway. We already have a trade chat.

Global chat will have 3 linked items max per post, and mods in chat will warn ppl spamming global for trade.

GGG
IGN: HotnessEverspleen
Last edited by Secksy on Jan 4, 2013, 3:45:50 AM
Should be limit of one item. That will enforce using trade chat more than any mod.
Playing a dual-wielding swordsman of some kind.
In game name is Kaosu and/or ChaosBlade.
Patch coming with trade chat in 1.5 to 2 hours from now.
IGN: HotnessEverspleen
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Please don't keep the difficulties mixed...I beg you...

Within 3 minutes I got:

"Are there quests in this game or just going through zones?"
"What is a Chisel?"
"Are they going to release Act3 with OB?"
"I have a 20% quality penis" - Which many people thought was HILARIOUS.

Yeah...I don't see myself unmuting it until it's fixed :P
"
bakalakadaka wrote:
Please don't keep the difficulties mixed...I beg you...

Within 3 minutes I got:

"Are there quests in this game or just going through zones?"
"What is a Chisel?"
"Are they going to release Act3 with OB?"
"I have a 20% quality penis" - Which many people thought was HILARIOUS.

Yeah...I don't see myself unmuting it until it's fixed :P

When I was idling in chat before, all the people asking newbie questions were level 60+ people clearly trolling.

We are considering people's feedback though. Let's give it a bit more time. Trade chat will help reduce the spam.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info