0.9.13k Patch Notes

"
twistedforce wrote:
I am fine with this change, though I would love some kind of trade chat I personally post items frequently for trade and I know to some people its annoying since the majority of them simply want to chat with others or find groups(yes i know about the public board) either way I think this is a smart move my GGG people will complain but people will easily forget this come OB

Oh lord, are you one of those people that constantly spam useless items that no one wants to buy? Those people are terribly annoying. Stop it.
After seeing the new chat..i MUST suggest we place normal difficulty in their own chat separate from the global chat.

It is WAAAY to spammy even with low number of people on. Too many new player questions when people in higher difficulties are trying to trade and whatnot.

It ruins the friendly atmosphere a bit..I did enjoy chat late game..but having a hard time now :/
IGN: HotnessEverspleen
"
Secksy wrote:
After seeing the new chat..i MUST suggest we place normal difficulty in their own chat separate from the global chat.

It is WAAAY to spammy even with low number of people on. Too many new player questions when people in higher difficulties are trying to trade and whatnot.

It ruins the friendly atmosphere a bit..I did enjoy chat late game..but having a hard time now :/

same here, pls GGG i dont want to read constant spam :(
Was segregated channels per difficulty not an option?

I get the too many people in 1 part. But, having normal gear spammed and hearing questions asked in Normal, which I don't mind answering when I pop into Normal, is downright terrifying.

First time I've ever said this. But, thumbs down to this patch.
Perhaps it would be better for chats to still be segregated by difficulty, and then further subdivided by difficulty as the need arises?

We still have Normal, Cruel, Ruthless, Merciless chats (later Normal, Cruel, Ruthless or whatever), but when each section fills up, bam, you'd get Normal1 and Normal2, and so on and so on. If this is possible, it may be a better idea than randomly plonking people together.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Was segregated channels per difficulty not an option?

I get the too many people in 1 part. But, having normal gear spammed and hearing questions asked in Normal, which I don't mind answering when I pop into Normal, is downright terrifying.

First time I've ever said this. But, thumbs down to this patch.

This. It's pretty unbearable now. It's just spam now and flies by so fast and there's no way people are going to really communicate like this. If you guys are dead set on having the chat this way (which I hope to god you aren't) we should atleast be able to filter difficulty ourselves and there has to be a trade chat.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/64364

Higher level players don't want to be spammed with new player questions and items.

Yes..trading across multiple difficulties is good..but sooooo much spam from new players will cause a lot of people muting chat entirely..making less total people chatting.

What we need...

Normal Chat
Global Chat

So, normal players get their own chat. New questions will be asked in a new player friendly area, and the rest of the players past normal will all have a global cross difficulty chat.

I was excited for the chat change, but in practice..its making me want to mute chat. I can't handle the same questions asked every 5 seconds over and over and over..

"How do i link items?"
"My support gem wont work!"
"How do i get past these roots?!"
"What is the best class?"
"Want to sell my level 1 cleave gem!!!"

sigh :(

I can barely hold a conversation in global now. Merciless did have a pretty awesome community chat going in global. Not so much anymore.
IGN: HotnessEverspleen
The no segregation won't fulfill the goal of encouraging trading between difficulties, it will just make any inter- or intra-difficulty trading incredibly arduous. Knowing how the item rolls work is part of the learning curve of the game, and players generally want to be among others of their skill level. The amount of non PoE-related chatter in Normal is enough for most players I know to simply leave global off until at least Ruthless. Of course a new influx of players means further subdivisions will be necessary, but collapsing an already-functional separation is a confusing choice.
HAHAHAHA YES SNSD! I actually posted that video in a GGG appreciation thread once, hahahaha!

Anyways, necessary change. Thanks GGGG Baby Baby Baby!
same name in-game
"
Secksy wrote:
I can barely hold a conversation in global now. Merciless did have a pretty awesome community chat going in global. Not so much anymore.

QFT.

Merci was the holy grail of helpful and interesting chat. Diluting it more than it already will be diluted naturally was a mistake.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info