0.9.13k Patch Notes

Version 0.9.13kpop
  • Global chat is now segregated in a different way than before. While each league is still completely separate, global chat is no longer segregated by difficulty in some leagues. Now, the server will automatically allocate players to separate global chats and create new chats as more players log in. This is necessary to support the additional players that Open Beta will bring.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Jan 4, 2013, 2:02:11 AM
The chats are large - like 700 players or more. With the ~3000 players online that we have today, there may be less overall channels than there are currently because difficulties are now combined.

"
PocketSquare wrote:
Will grouped players in an existing global be separated with the addition of a new one? I could imagine it being inconvenient if out of nowhere, you're transferred to another global while people are responding to you or you're responding to someone else.

It's based on what server machine you're on. Everyone in the same instance is in the same chat. We may be improving it so that changing between areas keeps you on the same server machine (hence same chat) in the near future. For now it's probably not needed due to the low number of channels.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Bear in mind there are already four channels for default. Now there will be approximately 2-3. Once we have 30,000+ players online, there is no way for it to work other than this new way. You've already been talking to only a subset of players in global for the last 8 months anyway :)

Private channels will be added in the future in the form of clans.
"
bakalakadaka wrote:
Please don't keep the difficulties mixed...I beg you...

Within 3 minutes I got:

"Are there quests in this game or just going through zones?"
"What is a Chisel?"
"Are they going to release Act3 with OB?"
"I have a 20% quality penis" - Which many people thought was HILARIOUS.

Yeah...I don't see myself unmuting it until it's fixed :P

When I was idling in chat before, all the people asking newbie questions were level 60+ people clearly trolling.

We are considering people's feedback though. Let's give it a bit more time. Trade chat will help reduce the spam.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info