Extra Descent: Champions races for the Weekend

"
geradon wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
We want to make sure that the end-game Map changes and new Storm Call skill have sufficient testing before they are released.

how? you haven't even invited all alpha players back in for testing.

No offense meant, but that's because the Alpha team has been doing a crap job lately (see the CODT debacle). Unfortunately GGG had to pay for the consequences of this uber OP skill.
Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum - That's nature for you.
"
KhelThuzad wrote:
No offense meant, but that's because the Alpha team has been doing a crap job lately (see the CODT debacle).

every software has bugs. testing helps finding them but you will always miss some. always. ingame balance is even worse, you will never aquire perfect balance in a game and it's not desired anyway.

on top of this comes the crazy tight release and patch schedule ggg imposes on itself. my deepest respect towards the developers to have such a relatively bug free and balanced game released under these conditions.
i've seen other companies failing in their attempts of balancing games which had 1/10th of the skill combinations and character properties of poe.

"
KhelThuzad wrote:
Unfortunately GGG had to pay for the consequences of this uber OP skill.
to whom? to the player base? seriously?

maybe 40 of some ten thousand players complained in the forum about it, my guess is 10 left the game because they built their character around a crazy overpowered skill combination which even allowed to kill dominus mercyless without activating a single skill yourself (there is a youtube video about it). they won't be missed and will fail at other games too if they can't adapt to game changes.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I just wanna know when they are gonna fix the unique map bug, I wanna run
S L O W E R
"What's that? Community wants more descent champions?

Well, add some then!"

I love you.
"
leto2626 wrote:
"
Cudez wrote:
Also - I am gratefull for that you guys at GGG have begun to turn your observing eye towards Spells and Spellcasters. This area is so untouched and useless at the moment that it really needs some serious love.

Howabout if you throw in - at later patch - some new curses. One like Chaos Dot Curse; pair that with temp chains and we have a nice new way of playing!

Best,
Cudez

Yeh a curse that kills packs on its own, that's what we needed ... You would be a insanely crappy game designer.

Anyways, great news for the races this weekend because I can't attend the one this evening, thanks!

Curse dot builds are NOT new designs in gaming industry. Please google Curses to find some information you clearly are in need off.
Who Are We? Where do we come from?
"
Cudez wrote:
"
leto2626 wrote:
"
Cudez wrote:
Also - I am gratefull for that you guys at GGG have begun to turn your observing eye towards Spells and Spellcasters. This area is so untouched and useless at the moment that it really needs some serious love.

Howabout if you throw in - at later patch - some new curses. One like Chaos Dot Curse; pair that with temp chains and we have a nice new way of playing!

Best,
Cudez

Yeh a curse that kills packs on its own, that's what we needed ... You would be a insanely crappy game designer.

Anyways, great news for the races this weekend because I can't attend the one this evening, thanks!

Curse dot builds are NOT new designs in gaming industry. Please google Curses to find some information you clearly are in need off.

The reason this idea is totaly bonkers is Hex Master, you oculd just run from pack to pack cursing them and running forward and eventually the curse would kill cursed packs granting you basicly free exp
"
geradon wrote:
"
KhelThuzad wrote:
No offense meant, but that's because the Alpha team has been doing a crap job lately (see the CODT debacle).

every software has bugs. testing helps finding them but you will always miss some. always. ingame balance is even worse, you will never aquire perfect balance in a game and it's not desired anyway.

on top of this comes the crazy tight release and patch schedule ggg imposes on itself. my deepest respect towards the developers to have such a relatively bug free and balanced game released under these conditions.
i've seen other companies failing in their attempts of balancing games which had 1/10th of the skill combinations and character properties of poe.

"
KhelThuzad wrote:
Unfortunately GGG had to pay for the consequences of this uber OP skill.
to whom? to the player base? seriously?

maybe 40 of some ten thousand players complained in the forum about it, my guess is 10 left the game because they built their character around a crazy overpowered skill combination which even allowed to kill dominus mercyless without activating a single skill yourself (there is a youtube video about it). they won't be missed and will fail at other games too if they can't adapt to game changes.

You missed the point completely.

CoDT, as you said was OP as hell, when it was introduced. This should not have happened if the 'Alpha' team had tested the skill well prior to the official release. Instead, people enjoy content before everyone else and the skills gets released in a patch. A few days GGG nerfed it resulting in an outcry amongst fans.

GGG are a small team of very talented devs. They thought it would work if they get help from the community. That's not going to happen.

GGG should scrap the ENTIRE 'alpha team' and do their own testing. I would wait for weeks or even a months if that means we get a polished and well tested content.

That also include uniques.
Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum - That's nature for you.
"
KhelThuzad wrote:
You missed the point completely.

i avoided the point completely. cause i can't and won't talk about alpha internals.

"
KhelThuzad wrote:
people enjoy content before everyone else

i don't see any enjoyment in that as everybody can see the content sooner or later. it would be different if the content were exclusive.

"
KhelThuzad wrote:
GGG should scrap the ENTIRE 'alpha team' and do their own testing.

Seriously? because alpha didn't find one balance critical skill combination of one support gem? how many new gems were there? 11! that makes how many new gem combinations to test including existing gems?

and how many time were there to test the changes? no comment about this.

btw: ggg already has their own quality assurance team.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Sweet! Thanks for more races GGG, its hard for those of us with jobs and families to get the points we need for sweet race loot :P
IGN: FemmeFatality
Awesome! I was afraid that I'd only get one D:C run over the weekend, and now I may be able to fit a 2nd or 3rd on in, depend on how late I want to stay up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info