The Summoner Compendium

Would love for this to get sticked. It's explained everything I need to know so far.
Good stuff.
"
Adhun wrote:
Hi guys,
1st of all: this thread should be displayed always on the top of the list. It is great thread gathering all the information required for summoner.

Now id like to ask you a question. I'm going to play summoner/cold witch in OB, and there are some things i need to clear out:

1) Does the effect of Tempest shield stuck with Necromantic aegis?

2) I plan to go for zombies only + some cold spell. I dont like very mana expensive spells, so most probably ill end up supprting this skill with critMultypl, castSpeed, reduced mana and maybe critChance. What spell do you think would be the best?

I'd really love answer for at least 1st question... ty
"
Adhun wrote:
Hi guys,
1st of all: this thread should be displayed always on the top of the list. It is great thread gathering all the information required for summoner.

Now id like to ask you a question. I'm going to play summoner/cold witch in OB, and there are some things i need to clear out:

2) I plan to go for zombies only + some cold spell. I dont like very mana expensive spells, so most probably ill end up supprting this skill with critMultypl, castSpeed, reduced mana and maybe critChance. What spell do you think would be the best?

I haven't test 1), but I'm basically 99% sure Tempest Shield doesn't work, because it doesn't affect your shield, it simply gives you a buff that gives 4%shield block and makes it so when you block it does dmg. Your shield is still the same shield, so there's no reason it'd transfer to your minions.

2) Freezing Pulse for general purpose, Ice Spear for boss fights or similar. Basically the normal Cold witch arsenal, Icespear is great for killing single targets if you can get the range, which with zombies is easy and Freezing Pulse is the strongest cold spell as long as you are close enough to your targets, which with zombies isn't that dangerous. You'll want LMP on Freezing Pulse though and you could also put it on Ice Spear to make it slightly AoE if you only want one spell or instead put a GMP to make it a lot more aoe but less good at single target killing.
"
HelmsDeep34 wrote:

It's doable, but fairly inefficient. First off, it'll take a long time before you do any summoning obviously since you start so far. Also your build relies on 91points, which is a lot. Anyway there's a few mistakes here and there.

One obvious one for the ranger part is you ignore attack speed % nodes in favor of physical % nodes. Attackspeed is always going to be stronger than physical % in pretty much every case unless comparing 2%aspeed to 18%physical or something like that, and even then it might not be far off. Attack speed% increase your overall DPS by that amount, physical % increases your BASE DPS by that amount. Say you have +100%physical already via items and other passives, and you hit for 100base dmg every second. If you add +10%physical, you now have +110%physical, which means you hit for the 100base dmg and 110bonus dmg for a total of 210dmg per second. Instead, if you add 5% attackspeed, you hit for 200dmg(100base and +100%) but 5% faster which means 210DPS also. In this case, 5%aspeed is as good as 10%physical. Due to the large physical %modifiers on weapons, elemental damage not being affected and such, attackspeed is always going to be as good or better(also not counting the standing still issues). As such, I'd drop some of the choices you made in favor of attack speed. I'll post a link at the end of this post.

Second aspect on CI stuff. You prefer taking a 18% ES 3nodes in the middle instead of the 30%cooldown reduction under CI. This imo is debatable, but I'd much rather have the cooldown. While having a slightly bigger ES is going to be helpful, the main issue of CI is your ES only regenerates if you haven't been hit for a period of time. The shorter this period of time is, the less likely you'll get hit again before it started regenerating and thus the less likely you are to die. However as I said this is debatable, but I'd change these.

On minion nodes, you skip the one in the center in favor to the one on the left. The one of the left gives +20int, +30%dmg and 1minion, the one in the center gives +10int, +45%dmg and 1minion. I'd generally favor the 45%minion dmg one. I'd also consider at least one point in the 10%health node near Lord of the Dead, and possibly invest 4points for the 3nodes in the spectre node. For this I would probably sacrifice the Body and Soul node. You won't have a lot if any armor, that's because you won't have the str to use the gear and even if you do, hybrid gear is worse than pure ES for CI builds, it's a decent choice when you already have finished your build but you shouldn't sacrifice core aspects of your build for it. If anything, you could take an entire minion node instead and get one more zombie out of it.

Finally I'd consider saving yourself one point on the mana node in the ranger area, that last 8% isn't worth it at least until much later, at which point you can take it elsewhere anyway, or even right there. The first 2points are useful though I guess.

Anyway revised build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAbwB0QPbEC0RDxFQFSAZtBpsHNwlPyj6Kk0qmCy_LOk74UPSRnFI52vbbRlvnnNTf8aLeo9GkyeVIJuNm6GdrqGkokCio6cIpyun1KvSr6ev67QMtBq4k7vWv5fAVMHFwfPDbcSixLjJPcrTzqjQ0NX42QvcFd7G4svi9-aB6mLr7u968h70-Paj-oD6sf7I4dtvPdN-gsfT-6h9WpFqrA2NT79DVB3ZfRimrIhAkDP318y8EJdEBA==

It uses one more point in the end but grabs all minions majors as well as all minion life and do some small adjustments to the ranger area which should provides higher DPS. You do lose the entire Body and Soul node but that shouldn't negatively impact your survivability at all due to being a summoner in the first place so taking physical dmg shouldn't happen on a regular basis anyway.
Great work.

Vote for sticky!
Sticky asap...this is great, most people don't realize how flexible Minion Masters are so this will help make more unique summoner builds.
"
Adhun wrote:
Hi guys,

doesn't work, it's been tested.
Thank you so much for doing this; I also vote for a sticky. We will have a boatload of Interested but Confused Newcomers in the coming weeks, and stuff like this will be golden.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
"
You can summon up to 4 skeletons with the basic spell and you summon two per cast of the spell. You will get up to 10 skeletons via passives, more with unique items.

A little correction here. I don't have uniques nor max level gems, and I'm able to summon up to 12 skeletons (Im at level 50, gem is something like level 10, I got all the passives). Don't know the maximum, but I think 10 is not the max ;)

Regards
IGN: Gonorreitor

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info