Is there any way to not feel so overwhelmed by everything?

"
Zakaluka wrote:
Just don't be overwhelmed. In a game like this, you shouldn't try to understand everything. Just build a character how you want to, and the details will settle in as you go.

Agree with this. I was totally lost with my witch at first but when I started ranger i had way more experience. Well, not for end game but still :D
Kiwi is my dps
When you play you will learn. If you totally bork your first character you can always start a new one. And with the shared stash and your increasing knowledge of the game you will be way faster than the first time.

Respeccing is also not as hard as it may seem. You get some respec points in every difficult level (8 in total IIRC) and Regret Orbs are also not that expensive.

I had the problem of overthinking what build I want to play and being scared of making mistakes. This kept from actually playing the game. Dont do that.
I got the gist of it in about 8 hours of play time. Just think of it as a game, that you play for fun. Personally I plan on making the wonkiest witch the world will ever witness. WEALLY!?
A big part of POE is actually the learning process. Everytime you make a new build or die you learn something from it and its very fun:D
I found that the easiest thing to do is to reroll a few times when starting out. The first time is so you understand the basic movement controls and the first couple of areas. Then you start rerolling and you get faster at catching up to your previous level while gaining information about the passive skill tree. By my 5th character or so I pretty much got the gist of the game and got the idea of currency items, plus I had a ton of early loot so it wasn't a problem.
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned http://www.youtube.com/user/grindinggear. The builds of the week are great for illustrating for first-timers what can be done, and helping guide their character progression.
Last edited by ionface on Jan 1, 2013, 6:46:36 PM
I'd like to elaborate on ifarmpandas' post.

Just start playing and learn as you play. This is a beta test, and you should play the role of a noob so that you can give that type of feedback to the developers. Your role is important because it will influence how future noobs experience the game, and how the developers alter the game to make it more user friendly.

You can ask questions on the world channel and usually someone will help you (although since I've started playing again it seems there are a lot more people using the channel to flame and tease each other, rather than help). A good rule of thumb is to check the FAQ or forum search if you think your question is complex or is probably very common before you ask the # chat.

We are all new to this game every time they change something. Don't feel bad about being inexperienced; enjoy how fresh everything is.
I just want to say thank you for all of the responses. I've taken in all the advice I've been having more fun with it. Thanks for the help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info