[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

It's basically identical to yours. I'm five levels and 30% crit chance lower in passives (yes, I know I can improve by respeccing a 20/25% node into Bloodthirst, but I'm one level away from it anyway). I'm also lower in phys dmg and attack speed to trade for the few points spent on Ondar's Guile.

Relevant Crit Chance Gear

Other Gear

When my life drops I just mash all the hotkeys for lots of instant recovery and cure freeze/shock/bleed. The diamond flask is there for when I really don't want to fail to crit.
Last edited by RabidRabbit on Dec 29, 2013, 2:26:24 PM
"
RabidRabbit wrote:

It's basically identical to yours. I'm five levels and 30% crit chance lower in passives (yes, I know I can improve by respeccing a 20/25% node into Bloodseeker, but I'm one level away from it anyway). I'm also lower in phys dmg and attack speed to trade for the few points spent on Ondar's Guile.

Ah interesting. I think you're doing fine really, gear is nice, all you really need is a 6L (that 5L chest is gonna be hard to replace though). Then you can focus on using more crit based gems.

It's not really possible to get 90%+ crit, so either focus on pure crit chance with gems, or getting more base damage for your non-crits.
IGN: @Oos
"
Oosband wrote:
"
RabidRabbit wrote:

It's basically identical to yours. I'm five levels and 30% crit chance lower in passives (yes, I know I can improve by respeccing a 20/25% node into Bloodseeker, but I'm one level away from it anyway). I'm also lower in phys dmg and attack speed to trade for the few points spent on Ondar's Guile.

Ah interesting. I think you're doing fine really, gear is nice, all you really need is a 6L (that 5L chest is gonna be hard to replace though). Then you can focus on using more crit based gems.

It's not really possible to get 90%+ crit, so either focus on pure crit chance with gems, or getting more base damage for your non-crits.

One last question: how well can you sustain 6l reave mana-wise?

Part of the reason I haven't looked into getting a 6-link is because I'm already having occasional mana problems w/ 5l reave. At 37 mana per use, it burns 77 mana/s, which is slightly more than the leech cap with a max mana of ~450, so I run out of mana whenever I have to reave for more than a few seconds at a time (not often, but annoying when it happens against bosses).

I suppose my options are either to use a 6th support that costs little extra mana (power charge on crit, additional accuracy, item rarity), or sacrifice a chunk of life to run a mid-level clarity.
"
RabidRabbit wrote:
"
Oosband wrote:
"
RabidRabbit wrote:

One last question: how well can you sustain 6l reave mana-wise?

Part of the reason I haven't looked into getting a 6-link is because I'm already having occasional mana problems w/ 5l reave. At 37 mana per use, it burns 77 mana/s, which is slightly more than the leech cap with a max mana of ~450, so I run out of mana whenever I have to reave for more than a few seconds at a time (not often, but annoying when it happens against bosses).

I suppose my options are either to use a 6th support that costs little extra mana (power charge on crit, additional accuracy, item rarity), or sacrifice a chunk of life to run a mid-level clarity.

My Reave is 48 mana 6L, 6.85 attacks per second (multistrike).
2% mana leech is fine for me to sustain, I use slightly more pana per sec than the regen cap, but everything dies before I run out, then it's regened back before the next pack of monsters. I still carry a hybrid flask for the occasional time I do run out, but it;s mostly pretty manageable.
What about blind or PCoC on tempest shield? Does it have high enough crit to maintain?
"
What about blind or PCoC on tempest shield? Does it have high enough crit to maintain?

I put PCoC on Tempest Shield, it's a nice little buff but not something you should rely on. I'll check what the crit chance is on my character later.
"
Oosband wrote:
"

I put PCoC on Tempest Shield, it's a nice little buff but not something you should rely on. I'll check what the crit chance is on my character later.

how else do you maintain your charges? or dont you rely on them at all?

Im still trying to figure out where you get your strength from =P some trees doesnt have a single point hehe
Last edited by Tsteken on Dec 29, 2013, 8:06:45 PM
"
"
Oosband wrote:
"

how else do you maintain your charges? or dont you rely on them at all?

Im still trying to figure out where you get your strength from =P some trees doesnt have a single point hehe

I don't rely on Power Charges, they are just an occasional bonus.
Endurance Charges from CwDT + Enduring Cry.

I get a little str from my amulet, should be fine. You will need to get +30 int on tree or gear for higher level gems though.
Last edited by Oos on Dec 29, 2013, 11:17:04 PM
How are you doing in Nemesis with this build ?
"
AzuraXIII wrote:
How are you doing in Nemesis with this build ?

I got to level 84 I think. Was getting quite bored of Reave, played it to 90 on Dom, then straight after up to 84 on Nemesis, was pretty sick of it so was playing very aggressively and died to bad play. I'm confident it's a safe HC build but might drop some crit for more HP.

I'll probably reroll it as my first build on the new 4 month HC league because it's cheap and powerful, but until then, I'm playing other builds :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info