[Strongest Solo Variation: Projectile Madness Spectres] LMP/GMP Ice Spear 2x Totem 2x Curse 3x Traps

"
darkz0r wrote:
Spoiler
"
devynee wrote:
Hi,

I reached level 70 with this build (first character) and I am pretty happy with it as I can do relatively hard maps with my not-so-optimal equipment. :)

I have a few questions now:

1. Do you think Minion Instability is worth it?
2. What about Elemental Adaptation?
3. Would you go for the Body and Soul point in the Templar starting area? (going down from top at the Agility/Might points)
4. How would you solve mana issues? Level Clarity?

I am asking these questions because I need more of everything. More ES (about 3200+ atm), more damage (so my Ice Spears can freeze higher mobs), more Mana / Mana reg and I just don't have the experience to know what is most important at this point!

Here my items (I switch around a lot for reduced mana plus I am currently leveling all the curses):
Spoiler

My next big goal would be a 5L chest....

Here my passive tree:

Well if you could give me some pointers on how to continue I would be grateful!

Thanks!

You missed freeze near the crit nodes.

Personally I would get inner force or the 2x20% mana regen nodes south west of the crit/cold area for starters.

Thanks for the answer! Yes I really missed that one point of "Freeze" it seems.. Do you think it really makes a difference as to how often I freeze enemies??
Okay so Inner Force could be quite beneficial I guess with the 3 auras. Also the mana regen nodes - thanks :)
IGN: RachelSuperCasual (Torment)
RachelShockerina (Rampage - retired)
RachelElysia (Ambush - retired)
LadyVinara (Nemesis - retired)
Last edited by devynee on Mar 19, 2013, 2:10:42 PM
"
devynee wrote:
Thanks for the answer! Yes I really missed that one point of "Freeze" it seems.. Do you think it really makes a difference as to how often I freeze enemies??

Nope. You could take it for the damage, of course, but thanks to the 600% bonus crit chance on the second form of ice spear, "chance to freeze" is basically useless for this build.
"
Riverside77 wrote:
ya you should drop aurseize for sadima and get goldwyrm boots quant is very important I run 120 quant/270 rarity seems to be optimal.

Your belt is really nice for a CI char but I run mf maps solo so I don't care about resists thus I use
only belt w/ quant on it (max is 12) I plan to get a perfect stat/quant one eventually.

If you can get over 100 quant w/ that belt on i'd say keep it I really like it :-). Running maps solo tho high resists isn't a huge issue with this build as you can frostwall / stay behind totems and with spectre varation if you are doing it right you shouldn't be getting hit alot

(try to get the rocks or bears as spectres and use 2 minion life pots and just keep feeding them life every time the pot has any juice in it)

even running maps in full groups w/ crap resists is just fine w/ this build cause you got more meat shields anyway.

basically if you don't have atleast 100 quant all the rarity in the world is almost worthless.

100% IQ includes the gem on ur main attack?

I am trying really hard to cap my resist with mf gear xD. Guess sometime you gotta sacrifice.
IGN: Mellodiez

PM if win or outbids on Auction. Thanks!
Last edited by clon8888 on Mar 19, 2013, 4:10:34 PM
"
devynee wrote:

Could you please explain how you get that much mana reg? Did you level clarity to max? Do you have a lot of mana reg on your gear? I got 45 mana reg and it's just not enough...

Your problem is that you have no %increased mana regeneration

Say a level 10 clarity gives you 10 mana par second
if your gear gives you say 100% increased mana regeneration, then you get:
10 * (1 + 1.00)
= 20 mana/second

and it isnt that hard to find,
especially when this build requires almost no gear apart from the sockets ;)

I'm currently breezing past cruel A3 no issue
my current gear
Spoiler

mana increase stuff
Spoiler

other shit
Spoiler

PS: The bonus applies to non clarity mana/second too
PSS: I'm at 800mana with 71.3mana/second after aura
Last edited by CCP4 on Mar 19, 2013, 4:25:21 PM
"
devynee wrote:
"
Giaz33 wrote:
Awesome build, changed it a bit to take 5%max res, some shield 15%resist nodes and crit multi nodes below spell totem. Atm in 8K ES+80%allres+130%quantity+160%rarity+2.09ice spear cast rate on totems... it's not them protecting me, but me who actually protect totems so they didnt get killed, especially from caster groups :P

Have to say - this build is awesome. In both vatiations - FP and Ice spear. Conversion trap has become useless with time, frost wall helps against rushing birds, other than that once you get 5k es you don't have to worry to survive at all. Not using spectres(maybe i will on 75+maps, but never got one to drop, no idea how people get it), 6 charges of fire trap is usually enough to nuke everything. Sometimes inviting some friends just to follow and get exp while i kill everything(cause i've got shitloads of MF and they got nothing).

Tbh don't have any mana issues, i even removed 3x20%regen nodes and one 12%max mana node, still got ~110regen and 1150mana. Not using reduce mana on totem, just on auras and curses. Maps with 50%manareg reduction are ok too.

Could you please explain how you get that much mana reg? Did you level clarity to max? Do you have a lot of mana reg on your gear? I got 45 mana reg and it's just not enough...

That's my gear and skills if you wanna check btw..
Spoiler
"
devynee wrote:
Hi,

I reached level 70 with this build (first character) and I am pretty happy with it as I can do relatively hard maps with my not-so-optimal equipment. :)

3. Would you go for the Body and Soul point in the Templar starting area? (going down from top at the Agility/Might points)

I am asking these questions because I need more of everything. More ES (about 3200+ atm), more damage (so my Ice Spears can freeze higher mobs), more Mana / Mana reg and I just don't have the experience to know what is most important at this point!

Here my items (I switch around a lot for reduced mana plus I am currently leveling all the curses):
Spoiler

Here my passive tree:

Thanks!

Yeah, of course i'm lvling clarity, no point to keep it low lvl.
that's my current build(changing it bit by bit with time):
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAP0C_gdjD8QRLxFQFLAV1xa_FvMXUBdUHNwdFCKBJOEmPCftLKYspyy_LUcvnTdmN4M5UjowO3w74ULDQ2NMLU5tT31QQlZjVytYB1j1WfNaK1qmXfJfKmaebRlwUnB9cNVxTXKpdFV8zn_GgFaCHoauh9uIQot6jDaOPI9GkyeZmprPm6GdxKKjo_Km66crqZWsmKyqtve3MbjKu9a8N8AawcXB88Nt0NDXhtzH34TfsOL35oHquutj6-TsGPId893z6vcy99f60vtF

my current gear:
Spoiler

as you can see i've got 128% manareg from gear.

what should i do at the bandits quest?
i saw people say different things in the thread
"
kanon1 wrote:
what should i do at the bandits quest?
i saw people say different things in the thread

Well there's a lot of variations on this build so the same answer doesn't apply to everybody.

If you're doing a version that uses CI, a reasonable choice is:

Normal: 40 mana
Cruel: 4% cast speed
Merciless: Skill point
Im guessing the new Frost Armor skill with synergie great with this build.

Added +physical +fire defense and leaving a ice trail while you run around letting your tower and summons kill everything.

What do you guys think ?
"
Giaz33 wrote:
Spoiler
"
devynee wrote:
"
Giaz33 wrote:
Awesome build, changed it a bit to take 5%max res, some shield 15%resist nodes and crit multi nodes below spell totem. Atm in 8K ES+80%allres+130%quantity+160%rarity+2.09ice spear cast rate on totems... it's not them protecting me, but me who actually protect totems so they didnt get killed, especially from caster groups :P

Have to say - this build is awesome. In both vatiations - FP and Ice spear. Conversion trap has become useless with time, frost wall helps against rushing birds, other than that once you get 5k es you don't have to worry to survive at all. Not using spectres(maybe i will on 75+maps, but never got one to drop, no idea how people get it), 6 charges of fire trap is usually enough to nuke everything. Sometimes inviting some friends just to follow and get exp while i kill everything(cause i've got shitloads of MF and they got nothing).

Tbh don't have any mana issues, i even removed 3x20%regen nodes and one 12%max mana node, still got ~110regen and 1150mana. Not using reduce mana on totem, just on auras and curses. Maps with 50%manareg reduction are ok too.

That's my gear and skills if you wanna check btw..
Spoiler
"
devynee wrote:
Hi,

Spoiler

Here my passive tree:

Thanks!

Yeah, of course i'm lvling clarity, no point to keep it low lvl.
that's my current build(changing it bit by bit with time):
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAP0C_gdjD8QRLxFQFLAV1xa_FvMXUBdUHNwdFCKBJOEmPCftLKYspyy_LUcvnTdmN4M5UjowO3w74ULDQ2NMLU5tT31QQlZjVytYB1j1WfNaK1qmXfJfKmaebRlwUnB9cNVxTXKpdFV8zn_GgFaCHoauh9uIQot6jDaOPI9GkyeZmprPm6GdxKKjo_Km66crqZWsmKyqtve3MbjKu9a8N8AawcXB88Nt0NDXhtzH34TfsOL35oHquutj6-TsGPId893z6vcy99f60vtF

my current gear:
Spoiler

as you can see i've got 128% manareg from gear.

Well you don't level Purity it seems. :) I just don't know if I have a big enough mana pool if I level 3 auras to max.. hypershatter left his Clarity at level 2 it seems.
IGN: RachelSuperCasual (Torment)
RachelShockerina (Rampage - retired)
RachelElysia (Ambush - retired)
LadyVinara (Nemesis - retired)
"
devynee wrote:
Well you don't level Purity it seems. :)

Does smiley mean joke? Obviously all % based auras should be leveled to max, since there's no down side.

"
I just don't know if I have a big enough mana pool if I level 3 auras to max.. hypershatter left his Clarity at level 2 it seems.

I'm not sure if he still does that or if he started leveling it, but I definitely leveled my clarity to max. I only run clarity + discipline though, I don't need purity to max out my resists. I've got 40% res all from passives (2x body and soul, 1x nullification, 1x celestial walker) so it isn't hard to max out.

Even if I were running purity though, I think I'd still want maxed clarity. I'd just stack more mana from gear, and maybe pick up the mana ring under double curse.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info