[Strongest Solo Variation: Projectile Madness Spectres] LMP/GMP Ice Spear 2x Totem 2x Curse 3x Traps

"

this is inaccurate. ice spears go over frostwalls and most of ranged attacks are not blocked by frostwalls.

sorry but it is accurate. ice spears lose dps going through frostwall and not all of the spears even go through and many ranged attacks are stopped by frostwall. Also with ice spear it loses alot of projectile speed going through the frostwall

I know you created this build but I have played it more than you have (you are on my friends list)

Again I have tested extensively and I am infact correct.
Last edited by Riverside77 on Mar 18, 2013, 9:18:22 PM
"
Riverside77 wrote:
"

this is inaccurate. ice spears go over frostwalls and most of ranged attacks are not blocked by frostwalls.

sorry but it is accurate. ice spears lose dps going through frostwall and not all of the spears even go through and many ranged attacks are stopped by frostwall. Also with ice spear it loses alot of projectile speed going through the frostwall

I know you created this build but I have played it more than you have (you are on my friends list)

Again I have tested extensively and I am infact correct.

ok so basically projectiles that pierce go through ice wall, which means the second form doesnt.

what bothers me is when ice spear reaches second form, the distance is not really that much shorter than the total distance of freezing pulse. so why not just put the wall closer?
IGN: hyperculler (torment)
Last edited by hypershatter on Mar 18, 2013, 10:38:36 PM
meh I have nothing to prove and no reason to make things up. Like I said I have used ice spear and freeze pulse extensively and freeze pulse is superior if you fail to see that then your loss.

I will say that ice spear does pass through a single frostwall just fine, but not multiple layers which is the best way to use it defensively.

edit: just tried ice spear again and i'll be the first to admit it is seeming to work better through frostwalls than the Last time I used it but it still sucks compared to FP which travels through any number of layers without any ill effects.

Also the total distance of FP relies on projectile speed, which I have alot of so my FP likely goes much farther than one you are using according to your gear and the fact that you may not have a 20% FP and a 30ish projectile speed wand.
Last edited by Riverside77 on Mar 18, 2013, 10:49:12 PM
"
Riverside77 wrote:
meh I have nothing to prove and no reason to make things up. Like I said I have used ice spear and freeze pulse extensively and freeze pulse is superior if you fail to see that then your loss.

I will say that ice spear does pass through a single frostwall just fine, but not multiple layers which is the best way to use it defensively.

edit: just tried ice spear again and i'll be the first to admit it is seeming to work better through frostwalls than the Last time I used it but it still sucks compared to FP which travels through any number of layers without any ill effects.

Also the total distance of FP relies on projectile speed, which I have alot of so my FP likely goes much farther than one you are using according to your gear and the fact that you may not have a 20% FP and a 30ish projectile speed wand.

I also changed my Ice Spear to FP after lvl 60. And currently I'm 68, can run two people's maps alone without killing speed or survivability problems, carrying my second character.
My gears are definitely not good: got my FP totem DPS only 563, CI ES only 2600 with Discipline, ress 60 on average(which is ok I think), and a poor MF value. I intended to use the Spectres, but later I found that I was too lazy to find good ones and resummon them. So I just simply combine FP totem & fire traps to spam mobs, 2 curses and skeletons as meat wall with culling strike(no sockets for life). Some times the conversion trap. And that's all, even no frostwall. The FP totems are just doing pretty good DPS.
Later in 70+ maps, I think I may need to improve my gears to go on with two people's maps. First of all, need to upgrade my 4L chest to 5L
IGN: Divine_Himura
Last edited by Serein62 on Mar 18, 2013, 11:52:58 PM
I've played around with pulse totems a bit, and find them good for farming easier content. For harder content I still prefer spear totems. Lower DPS, but better crowd control, and in particular longer range. Ice spear + ele proliferation is second to none for crowd control

If I had a 20% quality pulse I might try using pulse totems on harder content again, but the complete lockdown afforded by ice spear is hard to beat, and it is good without quality, making ice spear a much cheaper option. Linking faster projectiles helps a bit of course, but then you're essentially down a link.

Your own description of how you play belies the fact that pulse is inferior for crowd control. I hardly ever need to use frost wall - which is good, because in groups if you spam frost wall you'll get kicked.

Pulse totem is definitely good, and has its uses, but your assertion that it is better for everything is absurd.
"
I've played around with pulse totems a bit, and find them good for farming easier content. For harder content I still prefer spear totems. Lower DPS, but better crowd control, and in particular longer range. Ice spear + ele proliferation is second to none for crowd control

If I had a 20% quality pulse I might try using pulse totems on harder content again, but the complete lockdown afforded by ice spear is hard to beat, and it is good without quality, making ice spear a much cheaper option. Linking faster projectiles helps a bit of course, but then you're essentially down a link.

Your own description of how you play belies the fact that pulse is inferior for crowd control. I hardly ever need to use frost wall - which is good, because in groups if you spam frost wall you'll get kicked.

Pulse totem is definitely good, and has its uses, but your assertion that it is better for everything is absurd.

haha! I don't *need* to use frostwall I simply choose to because it is a great tool to delaying the enemy, and if you aren't using it you are leaving a tool in the toolbox unused. Also I mostly play solo on my witch now because I am mfing.... which is more effective with clearing maps very quickly. I bet you aren't wearing full mf gear like I am and clearing maps as fast as I do. I'm pretty sure of it infact.

Hey it is ok though, haters gonna hate players gonna play. I have more time on this build than anyone probably I know what the best setup is at this point. Basically until college just started up again for me I had been playing 10-12 hrs or more a day. You can't tell me anything about this build :-(
Last edited by Riverside77 on Mar 18, 2013, 11:50:09 PM
"
Riverside77 wrote:
You can't tell me anything about this build :-(

Have a nice day then, no point having a conversation with somebody who has that attitude.

You keep soloing 66 maps, I'll keep grouping 75 maps. As I stated, I agree that pulse totem is better for farming easy content.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Mar 18, 2013, 11:50:44 PM
Lol dude i've run more 70+ maps then you will ever I stopped trying to level way over a month ago due to bad rng and diminishing returns. I was #43 on the ladder half way to 86 when I changed to mfing.

If I had 75+ maps I could run them in full mf gear while you are scrubbing it up. Infact I think i'll go run this 73 i've been saving in full mf just because I can thanks :-)

I'll keep finding high value items and you can keep trying to get to level 90 to what? Have 5 more passives than me? I'd rather be filthy rich like I am.
Last edited by Riverside77 on Mar 18, 2013, 11:54:44 PM
Are we talking about the build anymore, or are we just stroking your ego?

Is there actually any disagreement at this point? Basically your argument is that if you out-gear the content pulse totem is better. I agree with you. If you go ahead and acknowledge that ice spear totem is a better choice when you're undergeared, we'll all be in agreement and can go home.
"
Are we talking about the build anymore, or are we just stroking your ego?

Is there actually any disagreement at this point? Basically your argument is that if you out-gear the content pulse totem is better. I agree with you. If you go ahead and acknowledge that ice spear totem is a better choice when you're undergeared, we'll all be in agreement and can go home.

You just don't know what you are talking about man period. Ice spear is not better at all. Sorry it is just true I thought it was better for a long time my self also.

I didn't want to admit it either till I did my own testing.

Ever heard the experession it isn't cocky if it's true? Well my ice witch owns period.

and wtf dude by your own admission you don't have a 20% ice spear and a 20% freeze pulse and by your own admission quality is more important to freeze pulse than it is ice spear. So you have done 0 real testing, case dismissed.

If you are under geared thats on you not me what do you want a donation?
Last edited by Riverside77 on Mar 19, 2013, 12:09:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info