The Plan for Content Update 1.0.2

Soo?

The post Chris made on the first page, means that PVP WILL BE LEAGUE SPECIFIC, right?

"
In 1.0.2, Standard and Hardcore can fight each other. Domination and Nemesis can fight each other. The old leagues cannot fight the new leagues because that's unfair.

Edit: the above is now incorrect. They will be separate. Logistics be damned :p

If that's the case than its a +1 from my part.
It really needs to be league specific. I play soft core. U can see from miles that a hardcore ca not even attempt some builds from soft core, never mind items from economy.

PS: For ex. have u ever seem a HC char that teleports all over the place? Try to kill that in a PVP...
I would really like to see more videos. They are fun to watch, sneak peaks to be curious for the next week (-.-) and so many more reasons
"
Chris wrote:
Several new microtransactions. There are interesting new ones in the works.

I hope more auras get microtransaction effects! I know Grace in particular would be popular, but there are more I use that I'd like to get custom effects for.
"Arctic Armour was a mistake." - Chris Wilson
"
PathOfNerfs wrote:
"
jamesl wrote:
"
PathOfNerfs wrote:
Are there any updates that were community driven instead of sponsored by money?

Just curious. Bunch of skills in this game are still useless or just too dangerous to use and every update consists of the following:

-More new skills to cover up the old ones we refuse to fix!
-More content designed by people who gave us money!
-More items designed by people who gave us money!
-Tons of nerfs!

Just curious when we're going to get content updates that actually matter. Maybe, you know, fixing your net-code, buffing certain skills, making it so "secondary" skills are actually usable.
When you see Searing Bond listed as a "secondary" skill the only question that comes to mind is: Why the hell would I use Searing Bond when I could just summon another totem that uses a worthwhile skill with a practical source of scaling?

This game has too many problems and GGG is just ignoring everything that should be fixed.
This game is going to suffer the same fate as D3 in time.

What a waste.

your post was a waste

they just added
1) a new Act 3 boss,
2) three new areas - The Library, Archives, Imperial Garden
3) a whole bunch of new skills - Spectral Throw, Curse on Hit, Cast when Stunned, Cast on Damage Taken
4) a huge buff to the Ranger side skill tree
5) a new class - Scion

and yet you complain about lack "content updates that actually matter"

1) The new act boss was in the planning stage for a long time
2) The mobs in those areas are over-tuned in high level gameplay
3) CwDT just got nerfed, Cast when Stunned and Curse on Hit both lack practical use. Cast on Death is a PvP skill
4) Which was long deserved
5) Same as Dominus, in planning stage for a long time

Meanwhile we have..

1) Skills with mana/damage scaling that aren't practical for end-game
2) Skills that are designed with the intent of being a "secondary" skill that see no practical use
3) Skills that are too dangerous to use due to desync
4) Skills that are constantly nerfed to the ground
5) A severe lack of build diversity
6) Skills that are just flat out neglected by GGG

Yea, thanks for the new content. Now I can go through new areas with over-tuned mobs and limit build options even more. Exactly what I look for out of a game.

"
jamesl wrote:
"

"This game has too many problems and GGG is just ignoring everything that should be fixed."

you really have no clue do you ?
how long have you been playing this game ? one week ?
they've put out many patches to help with desync, load times, faster patching

My prior list would like a word with you.
I've said it dozens of times in my lifetime of playing games: Stop covering up broken content with new content. Fix something before you add something else.

"
jamesl wrote:
"

More items designed by people who gave us money!

HA HA HA
so what if somebody paid some money to collaborate with the devs to develop some new uniques

oh, boo hoo
that was designed by somebody with money

you do realize these items can be used by ANYBODY, right ?
they don't drop just the people that paid the money

Priorities, son. Priorities.
Which has higher precedence:
1) Charging high fees to develop a new item
or
2) Opening up more room for diversity in a game that's advertised as "diverse"
?

"
jamesl wrote:
"

When you see Searing Bond listed as a "secondary" skill the only question that comes to mind is: Why the hell would I use Searing Bond when I could just summon another totem that uses a worthwhile skill with a practical source of scaling?

because your way is the only way to play, right ?

HA HA HA
gee, maybe people choose searing bond because its actually FUN
maybe they have a different style of play than you ?
maybe they find Searing Bond to be a perfect compliment to Spectral Throw ?

and lastly, if you had been paying any attention at all then you would have noticed this in the very first post of the very first page of this thread

"The Damage over Time update (described here) is likely to be ready for 1.0.2 ..."

so, uh, yeah, that means Searing Bond

LOL at you

It's a matter of practical application.
Would you rather lay down a Searing Bond totem, that has hardly any possible sources of scaling and still somehow puts out mediocre damage, or would you rather just, oh, I dunno, use your main totem skill instead?
Given the option between laying another Ice Spear/Spark/Incinerate Totem or Searing Bond, it's pretty easy to see which one does the better job. You can play Searing Bond all you want but part of fun is not having to break your ass just to clear a single map.

Also, maybe Chris is talking about the other DoT skills that have literally 0 passive scaling instead of their "secondary" skill that actually has passive scaling? I dunno, might just be me. Even if they did buff Searing Bond, it probably still won't be able to function as a primary skill.

"
jamesl wrote:
Chris says Damage Over Time will most likely get boosted in patch 1.0.2 and then you use Searing Bond as an example of GGG not doing anything

HA HA HA

Given the nature of how they "boost" certain builds such as Totems and Traps, I'm sure it'll follow suit with their apparent design process:

* Damage Over Time Build - Nerf all sources of DoT (Viper Strike, Poison Arrow, Burn damage) to the ground so that it's completely useless. Now add in passive nodes in the backwaters of the passive tree and tell the community it's stronger than ever when you have to invest 20-30 points to make your skills actually do damage.

Like I said, just going off of their current trend, that's probably how it's going to be.
Also, if you're going to act like a pretentious cunt, the least you could do is manage some grade school reading comprehension. I said Searing Bond is neglected because it doesn't operate as a primary skill and secondary skills in this game that aren't continuously running are often-times neglected. Kinda like how most builds never used Enduring Cry or Molten Shell before CwDT was released.

You suck at having fun and playing the game the way its intended to be played. Go play D3.
"
DeathRipple wrote:
Do you have any plan to solve the problem who got the wrong book of reform?

I got wrong one(oak's favor) and can't use this in any difficulty
(cuz I already got reward from oak in all difficulty)

I can't trade, sell to vendor, destroy or remove this book from my inventory..

it remains there forever!

I already asked about this to GGG support team twice but I don't have any answer yet

I think you guys need to make this book can sell to vendor

and get back regrets for cover their mistakes

Please let me know any information about this if u have

as i read this, i began to laugh! LOL...(sry) now you got 3 books in the inventory for the 3 lvs? thats hard.... and ggg did not answere your mails... thats hard, too... but stay cool, i think they will fix it, because thats really awefulll... stay cool.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
I rather have you guys spend some quality time (whatever it is for you) then make a patch video.
"
A revamp of end-game Map sizes and mods. We'll probably post more about this in the news next week. One of our goals is to make the Maps larger.

Remove the maze & massive mods, make maps lager by default. That would be one of the best things that would happen to endgame - no more chasing faceroll mods with a shitton of chaos.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Sounds nice, keep up the good work!

So when can we expect the Marauder starting area revamp of the passive skill tree? Is that something you guys are more likely to release in 2014?
"
jamesl wrote:
"
PathOfNerfs wrote:
Are there any updates that were community driven instead of sponsored by money?

Just curious. Bunch of skills in this game are still useless or just too dangerous to use and every update consists of the following:

-More new skills to cover up the old ones we refuse to fix!
-More content designed by people who gave us money!
-More items designed by people who gave us money!
-Tons of nerfs!

Just curious when we're going to get content updates that actually matter. Maybe, you know, fixing your net-code, buffing certain skills, making it so "secondary" skills are actually usable.

This game has too many problems and GGG is just ignoring everything that should be fixed.
This game is going to suffer the same fate as D3 in time.

What a waste.

your post was a waste

they just added
1) a new Act 3 boss,
2) three new areas - The Library, Archives, Imperial Garden
3) a whole bunch of new skills - Spectral Throw, Curse on Hit, Cast when Stunned, Cast on Damage Taken
4) a huge buff to the Ranger side skill tree
5) a new class - Scion

and yet you complain about lack "content updates that actually matter"

"

"This game has too many problems and GGG is just ignoring everything that should be fixed."

you really have no clue do you ?
how long have you been playing this game ? one week ?
they've put out many patches to help with desync, load times, faster patching

"

More items designed by people who gave us money!

HA HA HA
so what if somebody paid some money to collaborate with the devs to develop some new uniques

oh, boo hoo
that was designed by somebody with money

you do realize these items can be used by ANYBODY, right ?
they don't drop just the people that paid the money

"

because your way is the only way to play, right ?

HA HA HA
gee, maybe people choose searing bond because its actually FUN
maybe they have a different style of play than you ?
maybe they find Searing Bond to be a perfect compliment to Spectral Throw ?

and lastly, if you had been paying any attention at all then you would have noticed this in the very first post of the very first page of this thread

"The Damage over Time update (described here) is likely to be ready for 1.0.2 ..."

so, uh, yeah, that means Searing Bond

LOL at you

Chris says Damage Over Time will most likely get boosted in patch 1.0.2 and then you use Searing Bond as an example of GGG not doing anything

HA HA HA

that post! great jamesl! i read it twice....

first of all if you have a look to the game development the last 18 month you can see the quality and content was still increased....

more gems = more build variations, you can do and ugly build with every gem in the game btw... :)
i dont like that quality of discussion that means "i dont like blue, please bule is a useless color!"

i also dont think that the ggg way is like the d3 team...

its nice idea with that "pay for item design"... never seen it to other games btw.

the game is really great, i never had enough time to play games, but for the poe the one or other weekend completely gone with it!!!

ok, you can always find points in the game that are still "bad", if you search, but i think the people that shout out the loudest critics to the game have the moste ugliest builds in the game.

less i know the game, more they shout what is wrong to it, or should be changed... have a look at this, i think its murphys law!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Looks like an exciting patch. Keep up the good work.

P.S. CWDT with defensive skills are still viable, if I have qqed too much, I owe you an apology here:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info