1.0.1 Patch Notes

CwDT works great! I think the approach they should have taken was making the level 20+20q form of the gem replace the level 1+0q form of the gem. It should be a beast gem at 20|20q
"
Tig0Bitties wrote:
I believe if they really wanna Nurf CODT just change cooldown from .250 sec to 1 sec and call it good. i mean when you think about it only reason there doing this is because of the dishcarge build with CODT but dishcharge is hard to play as is and need some good gear so all in all its not good reason to nurf something because of op builds i mean thats what this game is about making build right just because something is "OP" and people are having fun with it doesnt mean they gotta change it.

P.S. this game is about KILLING MONSTERS not the monster owning you.

I would not mind even if the cooldown is 4 or 5 seconds. The lvl requirement limit is just a horrendus taste..
"
AboveAverage wrote:
CwDT should be

Level 1 - procs when 50% of health pool has been subtracted.

Level 20 - proces when 30% of health pool has been reached

20% quality - removes another 10% so at level 20+20%q the gem procs when 20% of your healthpool has been removed.

You heard it here first. A balanced option.

Player A has 6,000 life

Player B has 4,000 life

L20+20q procs for player A once 1,500 life has been lost

L20+20q procs for player A once 1,000 life has been lost

agreed!
funny ^^ why do player have to pay for their mistake! 0.0 my build is based on CODT now what i need to buy over 80 regrets and sell my freaking gear wich is usedless now U just took a Big DUmp in my front door not nice 0.0'

From my understanding we will need to have a = or - level than codt in order to work no gem can be higher that codt to be used =[
Last edited by e61389 on Nov 12, 2013, 9:35:25 PM
"
ZiggySobotka wrote:
I'm never annoyed that things get nerfed. I'm annoyed that the game is structured around planning builds with very specific combinations of skills/passives/gear and that, for people to play the game effectively and reach high levels, they need to have some assurance that what they planned won't be changed significantly after putting hundreds and hundreds of hours into achieving. Skills get introduced, people plan builds around them, then the skills get changed drastically and brick characters people worked hard on. The CODT nerf is whatever. I started using it because it was a nice addition to my character, and this nerf doesn't change my build really. However, I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who went and bought expensive items/gems because they were relying on using a skill that was introduced into the game. That happened to me with the aura change that came out of nowhere. Planned to use certain auras to achieve specific goals, played the game relying on the game mechanics available to me, 3 of my auras get removed one day. I now have to choose between having no armour and mediocre damage, or vice-versa. I wouldn't do my current build if auras had worked as they do now when I started this character.

The only clear goal of the game is to get to level 100. Making different builds that are designed to be short term fun might appeal to some people, but the ladder structure inherent in the game is clear evidence that the game is built around long term character progression. Consistency in gameplay is necessary if GGG want people to invest serious effort into that. If people can't trust that the build they're planning will continue to substantially function as expected, they just won't bother and this game will die.

well said. +1
"
gh0un wrote:
"

Really? Molten Shell does no damage and is never used as a primary damaging ability. Enduring cry is never used as a way to buff attacks (i.e. discharge). Nope, they are only ever used defensively.

Molten shell is not a viable primary attack because if you face enemies that only deal elemental damage, you are stuck with an attack that deals no damage.
Yes i will argue that molten shells main usage lies within its defensive capabilities.

I agree, Molten shell can in no way be used as a primary skill. Never.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZxoWOWAfAY
"
e61389 wrote:
funny ^^ why do player have to pay for their mistake! 0.0 my build is based on CODT now what i need to buy over 80 regrets and sell my freaking gear wich is usedless now U just took a Big DUmp in my front door not nice 0.0'

From my understanding we will need to have a = or - level than codt in order to work no gem can be higher that codt to be used =[

I feel for you bro who is gonna compensate this player for his time and currency invested in a build based of CODT??
From another thread, but I'll respond here for on-topic reasons.

"
Chris wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
The state of the game is somewhat depressing at the moment. Chris, please consider the kind of mindset you are imbuing into players "If your build is widely used regardless if it is actually overpowered, it will be nerfed to the ground"

We're happy for builds to be overpowered and awesome. We're not happy for people to be able to proc full effectiveness defensive spells four times per second with no mana cost. Based on our testing, the changes in 1.0.0 help curb the abuse case while keeping the CwDT gem at a decent power level. We will definitely keep looking at data and feedback so that we can make further changes to it as needed.

Edit: Let's try to keep this thread about the build submissions. There are other appropriate places to discuss the balance changes. Thanks!

Then why only add 0.25 secs cooldown to later say it wasn't enough and go on to completely change the gem?

Wasn't a longer cooldown sufficient, if that was the problem, as you say?
Casually casual.

"
Tantabobo wrote:
"
gh0un wrote:
"

Really? Molten Shell does no damage and is never used as a primary damaging ability. Enduring cry is never used as a way to buff attacks (i.e. discharge). Nope, they are only ever used defensively.

Molten shell is not a viable primary attack because if you face enemies that only deal elemental damage, you are stuck with an attack that deals no damage.
Yes i will argue that molten shells main usage lies within its defensive capabilities.

I agree, Molten shell can in no way be used as a primary skill. Never.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZxoWOWAfAY

I played a molten shell igniter until level 82.
Its not viable in endgame maps. Too many maps have elemental damage monster passages that you cannot kill with molten shell alone. Just realize this and move on.
If molten shell were to trigger from elemental damage aswell, then it would work, but as is it doesnt.
Last edited by gh0un on Nov 12, 2013, 9:44:38 PM
"
Tig0Bitties wrote:
I believe if they really wanna Nurf CODT just change cooldown from .250 sec to 1 sec and call it good. i mean when you think about it only reason there doing this is because of the dishcarge build with CODT but dishcharge is hard to play as is and need some good gear so all in all its not good reason to nurf something because of op builds i mean thats what this game is about making build right just because something is "OP" and people are having fun with it doesnt mean they gotta change it.

P.S. this game is about KILLING MONSTERS not the monster owning you.

Discharge was perfectly viable before CWDT was introduced, how does nerfing CWDT reduce its viability?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info