1.0.1 Patch Notes

Hi GGG, thanks for making the Cast on Dmg taken gem equiv to a Cast on Death gem.
I'm not even mad at the nerf anymore.They got the money from loyal beta tester and introduced cast on damage for the new player, took their money and is now saying

"We hope you all enjoyed the tease, please keep playing and giving us your money and after some more data compliation(money) we might nerf this gem properly"

I'm not even mad at the nerf gem because i wasn't a beta test, i didn't pay hundreds of dollar so i have no right to be mad at this free gem that was already added when i started.

I am disgusted and mad though as a new player who made some micro-transaction once i started to play and is now seeing such horrible customer service...not one reply after so much comment.

Compare this "Patch Note" thread to the other...look at how much feed back there is, yet you can't even give your players any kind of customer service by replying more.

Blizzard is starting to have some competition not only in the gaming industry, but "The garbage customer service and ignoring massive player feedback award". Keep up the good work GGG!!! I know your a strong competitor for this award for how well you are handling this.
The real problem here is not the CoDT gem, its that most defensive abilities have FAR too short of a duration.

This is a hack and slash ARPG, lets emphasize the A. A for ACTION. Buffing every ten seconds is not fun, and slows gameplay down.

There would be a lot less negative feedback if endurance charges and molten shell lasted for 40-60 seconds instead of their current abysmal duration.

The only thing this gem did was get players to dust off those old molten shell and enduring cry gems that they hardly ever use, and stick them in a 4L for convienent casting. If you can track the usage of gems, take a look at molten shell after this patch. I for one won't be using it again.
Last edited by Mephasm on Nov 12, 2013, 7:00:39 PM
My only problem is with CoDT nerfing... sigh... I wish Chris would do what he does when he talks about "making people life easier when it comes to pressing buttons". But with nerfing, I don't know how I could using that gem now. Probably needs to wait and see when it comes out, how it can be used and I do hope its still viable to my build.

I hate to roll new build if gem nerfing didn't work out on my build, not because I'm lazy, but because I don't have too much time to play video games. Probably only few games out of any games that I've playing I do have high lvl (and no one is on max lvl). If I have to roll out new build each major patch comes out, I'd probably wanted to do that in real life rather in game :)
This is shaping up to becoming the largest "orb of regret" ever. It feels like a convoluted slip down the mechanical rabbit hole.
Sorry duplicate post.
Last edited by spbynum on Nov 12, 2013, 7:11:10 PM
"
Chris wrote:

While playing End-game Maps, you are now more likely to find higher level Maps.

YES!!!!!

Im so sick of being almost 78 and still stuck doing 67s because I never get any higher maps to drop.
IGN: DabrixRN
Last edited by Thomasmgp on Nov 12, 2013, 7:12:54 PM
"
maxor wrote:
"
amero2 wrote:
Fine with CwDT. Haven't started putting it to use yet. Not missing anything with the change.

I also don't think Chris intended people to start building entire characters around a single support gem, but that's probably just me.

Then why did chris advocate that exact thing in the trigger gems teaser and 2 weeks later remove it.

The amateurish way GGG approach testing (even after 2 years of beta)is mind boggling and not a single word of WHY.

WHY CHRIS

Lol this shit is getting to be more fun than the game, I wonder how badly they will manage the mana reduction gem nerf that IS coming in 1.1.

yeah red mana is next
So, let me get this straight...

CODT is getting a nerf because it's overpowered, I've got that, makes sense. But the solution is to make you level the gem or change what you're doing with it.... This has to be the most asinine way to nerf an ability ever. You reduce its usefulness and then expect people to use it... you're making another gem that noone will want to / will use.

Also, if you fuck up Reduced mana in the next patch I swear I will quit. I'm already heavily reliant on it as well as auras (over 50% of my dps). If I spend 5ex on an Alpha's Howl to have you change the way my skill works so I can't use 3 auras regardless of buying that... yeah, I'm gonna lose my shit.

"
puaiohi wrote:
"
stevebrule wrote:
"
Yes i detest casting spells when i'm playing a mf*ing melee, it just slow down the gameplay killing all the action for me and sometimes it kills my char aswell if i cast during a fight, makes me feel like i'm a punching bag. If i wanted to play an rts i'd choose another game.

This will be offensive, but incase your skull is to thick to comprehend, we want fluid combat, not something that takes ages to do.

CoDT was a convenience for me like for many other people, some used it to faceroll stuff with spells linked and i don't mind.

But for defense purposes what you should atleast do is make Molten Shell and enduring cry instant cast and able to cast while moving or performing other action. And guess what, people will actually use them as a stand alone skill.

If you do that people won't care about CoDT and you'll be able to just put it on the backburner with all the other useless skills. But if you don't believe me, just make a tankish melee character and see for yourself how casting EC and MS gets tiring and keeps breaking the action.

I don't even care if a change like that would make ranged more powerful, but it would also mean that melee would be so much more fucking fun to play.

yes

In this camp as well. I will continue to use the CODT+EC+MS+Rejuv Totem combo despite the nerf just because it is such a tedious pita to constantly cast them individually. Changing the casting times to instant or near instant for these defensive spells would alleviate this to a degree and then I could see using them without CODT.

Main reason I started using it. Main reason nerf hurts. Also tri-curse with no meatwall = fail.
Sometimes looking for trouble gets trouble to look for you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info