1.0.1 Patch Notes

"
Tantabobo wrote:
Spoiler
"
galantonp wrote:
"
Klowdy wrote:
I see a lot of complaining and over a free game. Appreciate what you have people. They could have charged you for this. Look at D3, It's a joke compared to this game and they charged you (and me =[ ) $40, and the expansion isn't going to be free either.

Things are changing all the time, and if you can't understand that, maybe this game (or any MMO for that matter) isn't for you. I find it quite fun to theorycraft after a huge overhaul.

To GGG, you are all doing a great job. I've played this game since early beta, and even though I thought it was a fun game then, you have all done so much to improve it. Keep up the good work.

First, I already spent more than that on PoE.
Second, this isn't an MMO, but even if it were, in no MMO do you have to burn tons of currency only to get your characters destroyed regularly - and by the looks of it this is going to be the norm in PoE.

TBH, I don't see myself spending on cosmetic effects and such if I don't have the confidence that my characters have any sort of longer-term future. I don't have the time to roll a new build every 2 weeks, nor do I want to.

Here is an idea, don't play the flavor of the week OP build and it will have a long-term future. My fire witch build (based on fireball crits) works great and has since closed beta.

Will have a sharp look at your account and future changes to fire damage related changes. Better not post then.
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
Last edited by Spysong192 on Nov 12, 2013, 6:09:34 PM
"
Pivovar wrote:

Pretty much every build ever made. CoDT is still insanely strong.

How do you know that, are you an alpha tester or merely speaking about the present time before this patch hits in couple of hours?[/quote]

Probably because he understands game mechanics and can read. Thus, he can see that for a large number of builds this change will not greatly affect how they play.
"
RaistlinM wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
They also decided to buff group play again with the increased monster health part.

It's more and more obvious that they're trying to force group play now.

The much higher monster life in 1.0.0 for groups has really disincentivised playing in them. There was a major shift towards solo play. That's why we reduced the new group monster health bonus slightly in this patch.

Every player contributes around 80% more dps. The health increase of mobs was moot at best, it only mattered when you separated from the group, which shouldn't happen, or if party aoe was bad and nobody focus fired.

Parties got a huge buff to auras, solo players got a huge nerf. Coupled with the fact that when in a party ele status on mobs is still calculated from the monster's base hp, it's still far easier for a group to keep a pack of mobs completely frozen/shocked with any dedicated ele prolif player.

I remember when this was posted this in the Dev Manifesto, now nowhere to be found(from what I can tell)

"
Our core design goal for the multiplayer aspects of Path of Exile is that multiplayer and singleplayer are equally viable. We're often quoted as saying that we want to make sure the whole game can be soloed (a lot of people prefer to play this way). The less quoted philosophy is that we want the game to actually be challenging when playing with a group.

Equally viable...not simply viable, but equally viable.

As of now that statement should be more akin to "Our core design is to allow parties to advance faster and have every edge over solo players, solo play is still viable, but parties will lvl faster, having better items, and be able to run end game content consistently"

As for the challenging when playing in a group part.
parties get more XP, more iir/iiq, have more dps per player because of auras, have more survivability from more auras and splitting monster damage/focus. Put simply, parties are easier than solo.

When a new league starts, who's always the first to the top ten? The people in the parties. Who finishes the top ten? members of those parties who didn't die/died less. There's not a single solo player that can make it on the ladder top 50 let alone 10 w/o parting for the majority of their run. Sure the few guys who solo while the rest of the party members are working/sleeping will get ahead, but the party enabled all of that.

I don't really mind if the ladder was meant mostly for parties to top, but calling solo play viable in the end game is just plain wrong. W/O a stockpile of orbs that one can only get from RMT or spending more time hustling goods than actually playing, no solo player can keep a end game map base in the 70+. Maybe we weren't supposed to run 70+ maps consistently, but parties can do it, solo players can't.

Hands down parties have every leg-up over solo players

+1
Sometimes looking for trouble gets trouble to look for you.
"
exxidus wrote:
The Problem why everyone thinks, CoDT is useless now is because they arent able to read ...

you dont need a level 18 CoDT for a level 18 Molten Shell ... you have to compare the LEVEL REQUIREMENT of the gems - not the gem level

have you checked the requirements yourself? No you didn't. Don't want to check? here you go on a silver platter:

CoTD
Lvl 17 requires lvl 63

Molten shell
Lvl 18 requires lvl 64

So as you see you need a lvl 18 CoTD to use Lvl 18 motlen shell. The saying you can still use higher level gems with lower level CoTD only applies to up to level 10 gems at most i'd say.
IGN: FoughtBledAndWeptForGod, WoE_HitoZ

stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hitokirizoro
One of the worst patch notes to date. Some decisions like COTD nerf seem very hasty and not well thought out. Because as Chris himself said in the comercial for the game release, some people don't like hitting to many buttons (and some builds require it now).

So you changed the entire COTD, so it will now only be usable by people wanting to trigger elemental equilibrium with a double element lvl 1 gems (or cold gem + cold to fire).
"
galantonp wrote:
"
Klowdy wrote:
I see a lot of complaining and over a free game. Appreciate what you have people. They could have charged you for this. Look at D3, It's a joke compared to this game and they charged you (and me =[ ) $40, and the expansion isn't going to be free either.

Things are changing all the time, and if you can't understand that, maybe this game (or any MMO for that matter) isn't for you. I find it quite fun to theorycraft after a huge overhaul.

To GGG, you are all doing a great job. I've played this game since early beta, and even though I thought it was a fun game then, you have all done so much to improve it. Keep up the good work.

First, I already spent more than that on PoE.
Second, this isn't an MMO, but even if it were, in no MMO do you have to burn tons of currency only to get your characters destroyed regularly - and by the looks of it this is going to be the norm in PoE.

TBH, I don't see myself spending on cosmetic effects and such if I don't have the confidence that my characters have any sort of longer-term future. I don't have the time to roll a new build every 2 weeks, nor do I want to.

You kind of ruin your own statement ... Do you think this is a long term base, where you had to think this time? ... The Skill Gem came out a few days (let it be weeks) ... and just because you have to go with the flow, as you see that it is EXTREMELY OVERPOWERED ... doesnt mean you have the right to stay that overpowered.

It was kind of obvious from the first videos about the new gems abuses that there will be a nerf ... so better turn on your brain, before destroying everything you have for a new (<- see this word .. NEW ... not LONG TERM) build ... or did they ruin your build you had before rerolling yours to the OVERPOWERED build? ...

You just wanted to be cool for the moment, thats what you have to pay for it now ...
"
exxidus wrote:
The Problem why everyone thinks, CoDT is useless now is because they arent able to read ...

you dont need a level 18 CoDT for a level 18 Molten Shell ... you have to compare the LEVEL REQUIREMENT of the gems - not the gem level

Yest it does, Molten shield lvl 18 requires lvl 64 and cast when damage taken lvl 17 requires lvl 63 :S so u need a high lvl CWDT :S
"And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you"
"
End-game Map Balance
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
"
amero2 wrote:
Fine with CwDT. Haven't started putting it to use yet. Not missing anything with the change.

I also don't think Chris intended people to start building entire characters around a single support gem, but that's probably just me.

Then why did chris advocate that exact thing in the trigger gems teaser and 2 weeks later remove it.

The amateurish way GGG approach testing (even after 2 years of beta)is mind boggling and not a single word of WHY.

WHY CHRIS

Lol this shit is getting to be more fun than the game, I wonder how badly they will manage the mana reduction gem nerf that IS coming in 1.1.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
Last edited by maxor on Nov 12, 2013, 6:20:18 PM
"
exxidus wrote:

Ummm...have you looked at the level requirements of these gems?

CoDT @ lvl 18 - Level 65 Requirement, not on the wiki, but based on many previous levels, that's what it will be @ 18.

Molten Shell @ lvl 18 - Level 64 Requirement

Enduring Cry @ lvl 18 - Level 64 Requirement

Certainly looks to me like you need a gem lvl 18 CoDT to be able to use a lvl 18 Molten Shell OR Enduring Cry with it. And to do that, you need to take about 2,780 damage before it goes off.

The only saving grace is you can run a low level Enduring Cry on level one CoDT and manually cast a higher level Enduring Cry (to get more charges) at the beginning of a fight, and let CoDT sustain your charges throughout the fight(s). Though this doesn't work well with Molten Shell since the armor bonus increases with level, making it very ineffective to run a low level molten shell at higher levels.

If anything, all this patch really does is take some AFKing/brainlessness out of the CoDT gem. It will now require you to actively use the main defensive skill, using CoDT to supplement its usage when possible.
~IGN: Nagisan
Last edited by Nagisan on Nov 12, 2013, 6:22:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info