Content Update 1.0.1 Video Preview

"
Spiritios wrote:
"
iteration2 wrote:
A lot of people seem to be under the impression that the purpose of the new auras is to swap them out deal with a particular damage type. However, all of them being a different color makes this very impractical. You'll need to either make room to slot them all, and then always have wasted slots in your gear, or constantly re-craft your gear with chromatics every time you want to switch resistances.

If the idea was to only use the one you need for a given map, they'd all be the same color.

Yes, but certain items (namely uniques with some support properties) will fit these amazingly well and you can hold them all in your helmet for example with a specific support (Reduced Mana in example) and turn on/off at will. Plus in full parties you will now have to make the conversation about who turns on which res auras so that we can all benefit to the max. Plus for the niche that uses Tabula Rasa, these can fit perfectly in just one slot. ;)

So now, your helm,
instead of holding RM + Pur + Aura + Aura
now holds RM + 3 Ele Auras?

And you see this as good?

And the other 2 auras?

As for the bolded part. Party play did not need a buff to damage taken when they take far less damage than a solo player any way. Not at all, and most definitely not coinciding with a solo player now taking even more damage.

What you cite as a good thing, is probably the worst part of GGG's absolutely terrible design decisions lately.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Nov 11, 2013, 1:56:57 PM
"
Just an FYI. This patch is just a net buff to me. I become stronger in every way from this patch, because I can run 10 auras, and was currently running a few auras that do nothing for me (like Wrath and Anger). I'm not complaining because this is making me weaker, rather it's going to give me 2% more all resist once I level the gems up. However; I fully see what this is going to do to everyone that isn't running such an extremely niche build. I think it would be blind of anyone to think this patch is good for the state of solo play.

Don't buff party play. We're already doing more than fine.
A scion may be born of the rich, and as such hold more opportunity...
but a scion will never be able to appreciate the finer beauty of those less fortunate.
"
You want the game to be broken?
They know how to balance skills.

The reasoning on this dude^ is just unbelievable hilarious.
I mean, "the game is broken" because ggg themselves made it broken in the first place by introducing/implementing not thoroughly previously tested things into the game.
Yea, I guess "They know how to balance skills" and despite that they still introduce unbalanced skills in the game!
omg, that dude is sounding
Last edited by mobutu on Nov 11, 2013, 2:06:19 PM
I like where Auras are headed into.

And I'm eager to play 1.0.1 :- )
Keep it up!
>> Allow Home and End keys to quickly travel through the Stash!!!
2 things do you expect people to use 40% auras to enhance one elemental restance???

And what is your fascination with discharge builds "see new flask" lol jesus guys its so OP as a build already and now free charges as well
LOL in the extreem now we know for sure that you are all low life dischargers.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
This ALL sounds good so far just don't Nerf the Cast When Dmg Taken Gem everybody having lot of fun with it and i would hate to see it get screwed over.
eventually everyone will just make a discharger and run in groups.

^jk

But seriously tho... Why is GGG buffing parties and nerfing solo players?

Basically this game is turning into, Group up to (MAYBE) sustain map pools, or die.

Other then that, love the game. But lately I'm wondering if GGG got secretly bought by blizzard...the recent decisions has blizzard all over it. PLEASE don't turn into that worthless company.
IGN = Engxo
"
maxor wrote:

And what is your fascination with discharge builds "see new flask" lol jesus guys its so OP as a build already and now free charges as well
LOL in the extreem now we know for sure that you are all low life dischargers.

Obviously GGG play as dischargers. I cant think of another reason how it's stayed so OP all this time and why it's getting buffed now.
You people saying it is a buff to parties are clueless.

In set parties of friends, especially self found parties like the one I play in, there is probably only one person running purity.
In my party my witch runs clarity, discipline and purity. The marauder runs vitality and determination and the ranger runs haste and grace.
How are we buffed by this change? Losing haste and vitality for slightly higher resists? This will be a big nerf for us.

For people that randomly join pub parties it will be problematic as well. Parties will have to negotiate who runs which aura and roll their sockets accordingly.
That will exclude some players from some groups if they can't run the needed aura or if they have gear with off color sockets and can't easily change colors.

Solo players really need to get over this absurd persecution complex.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
So we get nerfs every week now?

The new charges look rly ugly. inb4 "old" new cosmetics ....

Addon != remove my stuff -.-

English is my third language, there will be bugs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info