Content Update 1.0.1 Video Preview

Sharing my opinion about patch preview:

- new charges art: dont like em, look out of place (christmas tree comes to mind). much prefer the current art (if its not broken, dont fix it!)
quick note about art, i think aura effects look quite underwhelming, somewhat out of place too ( too geometric ), i want greatness and awesome! not gimped red circle

- purity nerf: as a summoner, i need this aura to help my minions. so wont be dropping it. but obviously it sucks to lose all the max res bonus. i wish it would be lowered to 1% maybe and 2% at lvl20
purity was mandatory? say what. most builds i see dont use purity. i was happy to give this little bonus to my party as a support player. with this change iwill still run it for my minions but since everyone else will have capped res regardless=useless aura as a support
reduce from 2 to 1% max all res so support classes still bring a little something to the table. or is it too game breaking?

- new auras: not sure how well these will fit in current endgame builds. the three diff gem colours wouldmake gem swapping difficult, both in term of gear sockets and stat requirements. so i dont think thats the point of these auras...
may allow some fresh builds which is cool.

- bandit respec: i know how it feels to pick the wrong reward and feel gimped. i wanted a bandit respec so hard on my ranger cause i didnt pick frenzy charge on merc.
but now that i think of it i think respec is lame. this is not a skill point this is a decision that your character made, he helped or killed, and that shouldnt be revertable by reading a book, as expensive as it is (unless the book lets you bend time and re-do the quest, maybe thatd be acceptable in that case).
i think this makes the game less hardcore.

anyway, Great Game Guys! enjoy it.
main problem I see is that while nerfing something that is useful to everybody (purity) makes purity and 3 separate auras skills that will be used very rarely.

with purity having no max resists, it is useless to anyone who's capping resists with gear, ie most endgame builds

on other hand, the single element auras are useless for anything but specific boss runs (mostly map bosses)

and yes +max resists from purity was quite powerful, but it was only because of how resists work in the game. there's really no other ways to protect against spell elemental damage, which is quite high in high level maps, besides resists and spellblock.

whereas mitigating/evading elemental or physical attacks, and physical spells, can be done in many different ways nowadays (armor, evasion, block, codt, immortall call, endurance charges), you have to go either max resists or spellblock, especially in hardcore

both of these severely limit build versatility. even with current purity my character reaches for elemental adaptation because +max resists are incredibly good. I actually expect EA to be axed too at some point, and then items with +max resist will become close to mandatory...all because +max resist is too powerful stat
Last edited by grepman on Nov 11, 2013, 1:30:24 AM
how to play the game where every 2 weeks drastic changes mechanics? Ty for year was held good, though recent weeks is not very good.
Last edited by nagosh on Nov 11, 2013, 1:43:40 AM
"
Chris wrote:

There are balance changes you'll hopefully unanimously appreciate coming in the near future. We process a lot of feedback and have some neat stuff in the works. Until then, please try the new aura skills and let us know your feedback after you've played with them!

Are we still in beta? Messing with crucial skills when you have ongoing ladder? I will not support you with a single cent anymore.
Mirror of Kalandra?
Make other elements auras use 25-30% of mana, to make them viable.
40% for single resistence .....

I think 25%~30% mana reserced would be better
IGN: DearYO (Domination)
"
Chris wrote:

Regarding the Purity balance changes, they seriously improve the game. When a skill is so clearly dominant then it needs to be improved so that there are more decisions related to its use. This change hopefully helps Righteous Fire players because they're able to get close to the Max Fire Resistance cap without also becoming immune to other elements at the same time.

All people took Purity on their endgame Characters because being one shotted by any kind of Elemental Damage be it Map Piety or just blue lmp Skellies with LA isnt what we call fun. If you scale Elemental Damage the way you currently do , there was a place for Purity in its current form.

But hey lets hope the value of Alpha Howl goes up now because everyone needs 3 with different colors xD
about purity auras: 40% mana reservation and provides only 1 res?? Noone will use that, lol!
40% reservation? add it to Chance to Flee - a happy family of gems noone ever uses

new charges? dont you have better things to fix? add pants to Templar first! this looks crazy stupid now: full plate armor and shorts. old charges have character and quite good visibility

nothing you do will make them visible in visual diarrhea that party play is - so dont waste your time

any notes on Damage over Time buff you hinted/promised for 1.0 and then for patch after that?

Awesome, Act 4 here i come!! March 2014, i cant wait.

@Chris: The plan is 1 Act per year right? So in 2015 mid/end of the year we get Act 5?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info