1.0.0g Patch Notes

"
enigma1406 wrote:
"
_Nerevarine_ wrote:
Thanks. At least now I feel like I have a chance.

Thanks! I honestly needed that laugh! :)
"
enigma1406 wrote:
"
_Nerevarine_ wrote:
Thanks. At least now I feel like I have a chance.

fucking epic.... +1
IGN: _Johnny_Blaze_
"
Waves_blade wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
enigma1406 wrote:
Only Kaom's Heart and Shavronne's removed from map only list?

In this patch, yes. There's intense discussion about this still going in the office but we wanted to get this patch out to fix the bad flask issue.

Any chance you can release some spoilers on the upcoming auras? :D

My aura-summoner hungers for info.

My guess is that the auras might be hybrid evasion/es, evasion/armor and armor/es.
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543
"
liquidSG wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
enigma1406 wrote:
Only Kaom's Heart and Shavronne's removed from map only list?

In this patch, yes. There's intense discussion about this still going in the office but we wanted to get this patch out to fix the bad flask issue.

I think the initial idea of locking out the best uniques behind maps was a good one. I (and I believe most of the people) just didn't agree on the ridiculous ilvl requirement you guys set. I don't think people will think that it's unfair to put Shav/Kaom's and other items of similar power at an ilvl of 73-4.

Kaom's Heart: 74
Shavronne's Wrappings: 74
Voltaxic Rift: 74
Void Battery: 72
Thunderfist: 72
Mon'tregul's Grasp: 70
Rathpith Globe: 70 (does this item really deserve to be on a list like this, though?)
Devoto's Devotion: 73
Lioneye's Remorse: 71
Ming's Heart: 73
Auxium: 72
Andvarius: 70
Lioneye's Glare: 71
Divinarius: 69

This is how I would personally deal with this. At any rate, thank you guys for not being afraid to go backwards in line with feedback/suggestions and doing it so quickly. Trial and error - there's no other way to do it. But maybe next time give out some more info before-hand to gauge the public's opinion (or at least to the best/most knowledgable players). Will also prevent people from wasting large amount of currency trying to chance things :)

As for a way to reward people playing 75+ maps regularly, I think they would be incredibly happy with a higher drop rate of said maps :). Nothing crazy, but maybe preventing bricks from maps with 90-100% IIQ? Or making it so the map boss is guaranteed to drop (or maybe 70% chance?) a white map of the same level of the map the boss was in.

<3 GGG

This! You put it from one extreme to the other. Why don't you choose the golden middle? Kaoms, Shavronne and other rare ones you should only get from lvl 72+ momsters (not a big and growing list for different lvls) or via chance orbs on any ilvl base items. I think this would keep it simple and even solo players like me can achieve something since lvl 70 maps are still in reach.
I also think you could raise the required map lvl but ONLY if you can find a system where we actually can get them without spending many exalteds.

Thx for your time and sorry for full quote :)
Last edited by nockitsch on Nov 7, 2013, 1:47:23 AM
It's sad all this backpedalling in good decisions just because you refuse to fix the broken map/item gating systems. But, whatever…
So I can waste my chance orbs again right on any ilvl of X base item?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
knac84 wrote:
It's sad all this backpedalling in good decisions just because you refuse to fix the broken map/item gating systems. But, whatever…

It is not broken. You are just lazy to do maps and build up the map pool. :/
You just want everything right now, no desire to actually work for your goals. Pathetic

If you make the game easier and easier like Blizzard did.. You will end up where D3 is. 12 years old kids demanding more and more. The good and older players left the game months ago. :/

You got a resposibility as developers /parents/, not to give kids too much candy, no matter how loud they scream..

You want something? GO GET IT!! Period..

Will Smith, The Pursuit of Happyness.
Last edited by nikoon on Nov 7, 2013, 2:12:38 AM
"

+1

This patch is only a win for casual grinding and goldbuyers, and another slap in the face at whoever wishes to do high-end maps and have a "hardcore" experience.
~Ishtar_The_Assyrian
"
AsylumExile wrote:
"

+1

This patch is only a win for casual grinding and goldbuyers, and another slap in the face at whoever wishes to do high-end maps and have a "hardcore" experience.

lets face the truth while saying that; 95% of the player base is 'casual' and will appreciate this step 'backwards'...while they certainly want a true hardcore game its still a company that has to earn money to fullfil their goals.
Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.
"
Melkrow wrote:
"
terrex wrote:
So, now any itemlevel glorious plate can now go Kaoms? Same to Shavronnes?

This makes perfect sense to me. As long as you have the right base item u should be able to get it's unique.

I'm glad GGG is reversing their stand on this, it was very puzzling (and stupid).

P.S.

WTS

lol

This is the way it was for the longest time up to release save one or two unique items. The fact that it changed at release and they told no one is crap I'd like to know how that convo in the office went:

Lead guy- hey team let's change the way chance orbs work. We will start by picking the high ilvl numbers and assign it to the items. Then well make it do the base only drops where those one shit-sockers go..you know that one guy that needs a few sandwiches and...the other..Kupps..kipps..Crematorium..w/e lol fukin neckbeards..

Community guy: God damn it lead guy stay OT lel..or its probation from talking in these shit meetings you insist on.

Lead guy: ah fuck all CG..ban me noob..oh wait trollollollol I own this shit so you can't. Now go get me some more hot pockets and while your up go get my shirt from the flag pole...newb.. ok ok back OT..

as I was saying after we ninja nerf...change the chance orbs for the sake of meaningful game play..We don't tell them until weeks later and be all like..What's that dumb shit they type in game... oh yeah..be all like huehue guys while we are laying this heavy shit about combined multiple Microtransactions..by the way shits legit man.. lel sorry anyway here's some more heavy shit...hue...all these unique..are all ilvl 99...huehue jk jk ... 78 and here's the dinger..you can't chance them...troll bitches1?!!??1. And and lol it's been that way since 1.0.0. GG HUEHUE oh sorry CG .. GGG no re noob.

COMMUNITY GUY: Elohel LG... shits funny...me and the team be mod'n that thread all day...Hue I'll probate some lil bitch too..

Lead guy: K then I gotta go type this shit up.. be ready to lock that shit down when these newbs start cryin and threatening to want donations back.

Edit:

Lead guy: Next mouthbreather that pb&js my keyboard is on Charan duty for the next week.

Edit 2
Lead guy: Sorry guys proofreader is pissed bc I nerfed her avatar.
Last edited by Kochise on Nov 7, 2013, 2:44:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info