3 Hour Hardcore Ladder Race - September 3

"
dopefish wrote:

We skipped through a lot of areas that have little AoE potential (Tidal Passage, Prison, Chamber of Bones) in favour of resetting and re-playing areas with good AoE potential to catch up in EXP. Especially The Ledge on both difficulties, but also Crossroads, Dark Forest and a few other areas. We skipped all the optional areas.

We farmed The Ledge in Cruel for about 40 minutes at the end, managing to keep more or less the same ranking as we had had.

Interesting. I didn't really skip any areas, and the only area I did more than once was Fellshire Ruins on cruel.

"
Utukku wrote:
Oh yeah, thats why, I hoped you were still at the terrible zones (rocky climb, prison, kill brutus, prisonner gate, graveyard) and that I could top you staying in ledge, but the coves and cavern are way better xp, anf farming lvl 24 zone when you're 26 isn't that great.

I was really too slow at the beginning, you should all teach me how to do the act1 normal because I can't figure it :)

That's part of why I figured it'd better to get to Cruel Act 2 since I was expecting the winner to be level 27-28 by the end.

How long had you played / what level were you after entering Act 2?
And as it is such so also as such is it unto you
Last edited by IMDisappoint on Sep 3, 2011, 6:49:21 PM
I killed Merveil normal at 21h43 being lvl 10 and like 80%.
It was better than all my practice run, yet all the top 10 was 11+.

I farmed Thicket from 15 to 21 and Ledge cruel from 23 to 27.
I guess I could try and rush to act2 cruel because that's really the best xp, but I was really behind entering thicket (I reached 10th at lvl 19 or 20)

In the end the difference between all the top 10 wasnt more than 20 minutes I guess, way closer than last time !
Last edited by Utukku on Sep 3, 2011, 6:55:22 PM
That seems like a pretty good time/level for act 1 when running solo :p It's about where I was on my solo practice run.

I think grouping helps a lot in normal act 1 since the enemies are pretty easy to kill for everyone. Your teammates will often kill that gravel spitter you would normally run past on solo and vice versa so you end up finishing Act 1 at about the same time but a level or two higher.
And as it is such so also as such is it unto you
The worst part of soloing has to be having nobody to portal for you if you crash at the end of a long run. :X
"
IZombie wrote:
The worst part of soloing has to be having nobody to portal for you if you crash at the end of a long run. :X

I can imagine! We crashed about 5 times overall (3 players, 3 hours), it was a great help to have a party member being able to throw down a portal quickly after you started the game again.
Joined Closed Beta 20th August 2011
Yeah ok, guess it's really important to group and be at least two for act1 normal then. And maybe for everything, I don't know, I never tried party except in chaos so I can farm 58 (and still I play rather solo, making instance on my own etc because it gives you more drop and xp in late chaos).

I'll try that next time :)
I have a pretty good idea about how to play in duo, it allows a lot of cute things. (And of course both players should be playing Nova Templar xD)

Edit : Crashed 2 times but none of them were really important (one at thicket, lost 2 minutes reconnecting / running to thicket again) and the other one when tping to forest encampment (so I lost 1 min reconnecting).
Last edited by Utukku on Sep 3, 2011, 7:37:50 PM
Great effort guys!

I did not participate because of the disconnected and my old pc. i only play alone normally and with the disconnected problem, I cant compite in a race.

Glad to see some of the hc players were there! I read you every day in the chat, then Im happy many of you won over that default players!

Hehehe ;)

Congratz to the winners and see you soon in the chat, mates.
IGN: Gonorreitor
"
hesmen wrote:
I intend to stream this event.

http://www.own3d.tv/live/113283

My livestream went well, I actually broadcasted for about 2 and a half to 3 hours straight before the event began. It started with just about 7 members and peaked with 40. Out of the viewers I had, many were very positive, inquisitive, and appreciative for the stream. They loved the game and supported me through the race. Even through my own character's leveling in hardcore previous to the race.

During my streaming time I had 2 friends with me on ventrilo helping to read the stream chat for me and let me know what people have questions about. It was a great experiance overall and I'm very proud to have participated.

I told the viewers if I had won the race I'd share the beta keys with them.

Some of the more prominent members on the chat were asked to PM me in case I get any beta keys in my email and I'll let them know.

I'm not asking for you to send these forum members a beta key but I also figured that's what this community participation was about so I'll give those people an honorable mention.

Deathkingtwo
Kalkus
Cutrock
Zechzer
north
capon
CoMmAnD0o

Thanks for a great 6 hours.
Last edited by hesmen on Sep 3, 2011, 11:32:03 PM
"
Chris wrote:

After the end of the league, they'll be moved back into the normal Hardcore or Default league depending on whether they died.

Tried to used my lvl 18 witch( highest character so far) and was not able, getting error about this league ended..
"
kendeniro wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

After the end of the league, they'll be moved back into the normal Hardcore or Default league depending on whether they died.

Tried to used my lvl 18 witch( highest character so far) and was not able, getting error about this league ended..

Did anyone else find themselves unable to use their race league characters afterwards?

Did you disconnect at any time during the race, Kendeniro?
Balance & Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info