1.0.0 pure aura build (7 auras working on more)

So far I think I'm the only person to run high numbers of auras in the new release. (at least I haven't seen any others) Also tons of people keep asking me how I manage to run all the auras at once.
Spoiler

So this is how you stack massive amounts of auras even with them all being worth 60%

Here I am right now (level 81)

This is where I want to be (level 90)

As you can see I managed to nab every single one of the reduced aura reserve passives. The problem with this is that you need to spread your points so thin that you can't really focus on anything else other than auras. Surprisingly enough though this seems to work so far for me, roughly 80% of my damage is through my auras. At the moment I do 12000 damage with level 18 on all my damage auras (Hatred, Anger, Wrath)

Also I'm sure you might have noticed how few life passives I've grabbed so far especially for a build that requires the use of a BM support. Fortunately with the buffs to auras and the use of both Grace and Determination I run at 70% damage reduction without the use of charges or granite flasks (around 85% with charges, granite, and molten shell cycling). Also purity has me running at 78% on all resistances without the +2 to max res passive.

The auras I run are Haste, Grace, Determination, Anger, Hatred, Wrath, and Purity.

My gear
Spoiler

Must have items would obviously be alpha's howl and prism guardian. If I were to get a Kaoms and a couple more life passives I'm sure I could remove the reduced mana from my shield and add another aura in there, but as it stands that would make me way too weak.

Overall the build plays alright, I can run most low level maps (66-70) alone because of how tanky this build is but it would go slowly (Edit: much faster now with infernal blow). This character is obviously a support character, when I joined the same game as my friend who was lvl 15 his dps went from 70 to 800. While running maps people have told me numbers that range from 6-10k increases in dps depending on their own starting dps.

The strength of this build is how much the passives increase the abilities of the auras. Hatred for instance at lvl 17 gives around 33% increase damage (I think) but with all the passives that number is increase by roughly 50% (more actually). That leaves hatred increasing everyone's damage by 33+(33*0.5)=49%. Now do that with all the other auras, both offensive and defensive.

Stats
Spoiler

Offense

Defense

UPDATES
Tested with 'increased elemental damage with weapons' effect and it significantly increases my damage (2000 dmg per 27% increase). This means i do the same amount of damage with a multistrike at lvl 17 as i do with a weapon ele dmg support at lvl 11. What this means is I'm now trying to buy rings and ammys that increase life & increase wpn ele dmg. Also I do around 8-10k dmg depending on the supports i choose

go ahead and ask any questions ill try and update ne1 info yall want.

UPDATES 11/12/13
Just updated my gear again and working on images for my dps/stats.

With the five link I do around 15k damage w/ heavy strike and 12.5k w/ infernal blow.

Life is still my worst stat and chaos damage is the only thing that hurts me.

With the upcoming changes ill probably drop the molten shell and instead use level one enduring cry and warlords mark. Who knows, none of that is necessary for this build. My gloves are the only free sockets I have to play around with and try new things so I am looking forward to this patch.

UPDATES 12/9/13
Added dem fotos
Last edited by Schmeelk on Dec 9, 2013, 2:19:20 PM
Last bumped on Jan 17, 2018, 6:10:53 PM
This is an incredibly fascinating build and I think it's really cool that you managed to get the passives you need to run this effectively. What would you say are the build's biggest disadvantages?
The disadvantages would be the low damage for the level that im at, 6000 dps at lvl 75 and the extremely low life for a tank build, im at 2200 life minus 400 from auras so around 1800. Fortunately the life is enough to face tank most bosses with life leech. Almost all of my gear is chosen simply based on how much life it gives. All of this mean CHAOS damage kicks my ass, usually not fast enough to kill me but its enough to send me running.

Another disadvantage i guess would be leveling up to this, i was able to choose these passives based on the character reset that happened at the release, so i have no clue how someone else would emulate this build at all and be able to survive or keep a character usable through all the difficulty modes.

If i had the currency a soul taker ax would eliminate the need for me to use BM and free up another socket to possibly add some extra damage. Also the obvious koams would add the life i need to run another aura. Another route tho would be a 6l chest to increase the damage of my heavy strike.

I had a huge debate in my head about which attack to use and i ended on heavy strike because this build deals so little damage i needed the strongest attack in order to do enough damage. This kind of points out another problem i have, if you noticed the only two attacks i have are heavy strike and leap slam. Leap slam is geared for movement for quick escapes so heavy strike is my only attack and its a single point attack. Mutlistike makes it semi viable for fighting groups but i have no real AOE attacks to fight masses.
sigh no1 likes my build :(
Nice! I like the idea of a support character, which is able to bring everyone up.

I want to try one myself. maybe a physical wander, but I am not sure if it will be viable in the end.
This is the build I came up with so far. Unfortunately I will not be able to pick all aura nodes.

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecOPBGWFy8c3B0UHaonCy9vQqNGcVBQVElV1lhjWfNfP2TnZp5wu3Kpdgh82X_GgKSDCYzPj0aTJ5_LpwinMKyqtAy53cAaxtjZE-GI51LvDvIv9kj3vvrSNunjatDQz2VVxhQgUEc6UjJ-2CQ2xR8CBAdMsy0fbRnB86KjDkjjhGND8uGnNJ7N0iFXDdlhah6oGBZAhX0pT-w4Otgt0k3YjHaePIFvBLMUTaIAAnFQMEqMV4eArvrvogTFKPZbWbwxiWGx2wLTG3jOP3Pxdp8-kc677RkuJ-026PPd
Last edited by el_Z0ido on Nov 5, 2013, 4:33:08 PM
Interesting idea. Have you tried putting Melee Splash on Heavy Strike instead of Multistrike. This will solve or AoE issues, but will limit your attack speed.

Also as another idea, have you through about using Facebreaker gloves to achieve damage? This may work better than using a weapon because you don't have to focus so heavily on damage nodes. The facebreakers will provide lots of damage and all you need to try and do to increase that is to get physical damage mods on your items as well as the occasional physical damage node in the tree.
Last edited by UnderworldSkull on Nov 7, 2013, 3:29:22 PM
Ive actually gone the other way, physical damage mods would only increase my physical damage and as I said before most my damage comes from the auras so instead I went pretty much the same way as a bloodmagic LA ranger would go

I recently bought am amulet that gives 30% to ele damage with weapons and it boosted my damage by 2000, with a ring that i had that has the same mode im up to 10k damage. The only problem at all that i face with this build is my inability to reach all the life nodes.

Ive gained a couple of levels and took away some of my ele resists node (purity maxes my resists) and added them to %life nodes and im now up to 2300 life instead of 1800.

If i did a melee splash instead of multistrike it would take away a TON of my dps, instead im trying to find a way to put in a weapon elemental damage support and switch my main attack to infernal blow
Last edited by Schmeelk on Nov 8, 2013, 11:14:06 AM
nice build idea. i like the thoughts to build an aurasupporterchar.

i did some experimental and here is my result:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAB2E2UoNpiaHT56EGHtz7-CvJFOuGmVzGeTeP-jzWStfKpbngNWK826DpSDjwnC3YIpzD3vhQgUEeCxyj66-64k6cIj0YdFPrSFy9k51XWgKQ26eNq0NDPZVXGOygDlm49YEODCUZx4Ygdqv5Jb57KSsM6m7UZivsJ9toaj7QMkycc3H_GEZZwu2SjGlVhIRLhhO907XrvYEsFLVuvTioppd0N_MVnoId2Sn2G0SSw2RMvbwx9EH_GnqxZiPHnY0KjXhMbyEMxtkEB55_LbqpKyCSqGYU=

only theorycrafting here... and i know its scion start but ill give it a try.

best regards
Last edited by callmax on Nov 8, 2013, 4:24:01 PM
"
callmax wrote:
nice build idea. i like the thoughts to build an aurasupporterchar.

i did some experimental and here is my result:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAB2E2UoNpiaHT56EGHtz7-CvJFOuGmVzGeTeP-jzWStfKpbngNWK826DpSDjwnC3YIpzD3vhQgUEeCxyj66-64k6cIj0YdFPrSFy9k51XWgKQ26eNq0NDPZVXGOygDlm49YEODCUZx4Ygdqv5Jb57KSsM6m7UZivsJ9toaj7QMkycc3H_GEZZwu2SjGlVhIRLhhO907XrvYEsFLVuvTioppd0N_MVnoId2Sn2G0SSw2RMvbwx9EH_GnqxZiPHnY0KjXhMbyEMxtkEB55_LbqpKyCSqGYU=

only theorycrafting here... and i know its scion start but ill give it a try.

best regards

My only problem with this build is the lack of resolute technique which a lot of people see as necessary for a BM build. On the other hand your remake definitely has much more life than mine even without the starting marauder nodes. I'd love to see someone try this build.
Edited: Changes to my gear, my ammy and belt now have +% increased elemental dmg with weapons which has significantly increased my damage by around 3k with just those two items.

Still looking fer rings with the same mod and life on them

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info