Is Quillrain useless now?

Thanks Mark!

Quill Rain it will be then. Specially because I see this build as potentially good for PvP, given that you can achieve insane projectile speeds (base Quill Rain bonus + projectile speed gem) so the opponent has little chance to evade the shots.

This is likely what I'll go with:

Saboteur Shadow
Last edited by Falcord on Nov 26, 2012, 5:49:29 PM
Projectile speed is not attack speed, One makes the projectiles move faster and the other makes you fire faster. Just in case you got the two confused. :)
As an aside, you can use Quill Rain with non-ExplosiveArrow builds, though it mostly revolves around stacking elemental damage like an elemental ranger, doing less damage than a pure elemental ranger, but being able to abuse 'on-hit' effects like knockback, life gain on hit, and the elemental effects on hit and on crits.
"
Technomage wrote:
Projectile speed is not attack speed, One makes the projectiles move faster and the other makes you fire faster. Just in case you got the two confused. :)

Yes yes, I know =). I was thinking of projectile speed because it makes it much harder for people to strafe away from your shots in PvP.
Perhaps I should revive my marauder.
RIP Bolto
Ok i need a final word to clarify what i read so far.

here s my current build :

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQMAAJbF5wcmypYLCtJZDTEnnBi6bYQakfLaIXnaeiGddDIk7eCoJgJE4ywT8lYwGutZMNo5cDK9ZtYy6rnsNbUq6za4SjA20hzqNuvFVD0uSxU9t5s3P55fTUJM1rxJRzicSacJWEsGJWtNM76rVRx9RlXIbMBWJRf_V2DFvVjmuYRcC6LoYhIaFmM6v8hj8nqPZRFytWWkhwln7gnqaNoZVHcAFgl8hsoZfppk03-qyB6EWnUahnOLD5BpUyWU9g1nlhxlapktYbeb8CrFnCM8rJzFRM2hvSrYqb8HYrHb0_a0Cg9btB5ne7yBuOa9IbtWvSmZgMBw9JbDBzLnw7INgsSzJ3nGIRMCx_Ndvcg5MAHLQR0RzcpmY83aqMbXa5762GapJdszIrjbscgP4CIiH-Vj0FTrpCJJ7dl4SO3z1hbzX-1W9Tm6j_e7LEr32gTm-JMbnPxzusL9mG3T_ovirg==

Unavailable
I currently use GMP, but if i understand well, it cut the dmg of the explsion ? I tried with LMP instead but hard to notice any significant difference so far.

I know that weapon elemental dmg doesn t buff the explosion dmg but fire dmg, elemental dmg and projectile dmg do but it am I right ?

I didn t have the chance to try fork and chain projectile support gem and probably won t till OBT starts but : does it help applying more charges on mobs ?

Seeing my current build and falcord's one, it s a very different approach as he tends to perk more proj. dmg and i take more elem from templar side of the tree. I have a HUGE lack of dmg on single target with my build.
I tried to use a 2nd EA with IAS, reduced AOE and faster projectile, but it was still crappy for single trgaets :( what do you guys use against them ?
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
Last edited by Kagari on Nov 29, 2012, 10:21:04 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Zentradi wrote:
I currently use GMP, but if i understand well, it cut the dmg of the explsion ?

Correct.
"
Zentradi wrote:
fire dmg, elemental dmg and projectile dmg do but it am I right ?

Correct.
"
Zentradi wrote:
I didn t have the chance to try fork and chain projectile support gem and probably won t till OBT starts but : does it help applying more charges on mobs ?

I assume it works out as well as they do for most other projectiles. Since you're using Quill Rain, Chaining is very interesting. The massive projectile speed mod on the bow usually makes sure those chained arrows connect.
It won't get any extra charges, though.
Fork might, if there's enough mobs to hit.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
So if one of my 3 arrows (with LMP) hit a mob, it will apply a fuse charge then split into 2 and can apply a charge on 2 different mobs after this ?
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
"
Zentradi wrote:
So if one of my 3 arrows (with LMP) hit a mob, it will apply a fuse charge then split into 2 and can apply a charge on 2 different mobs after this ?

Nope. Explosive arrow rules:

- With LMP/GMP, each arrow applies a fuse
- Fork will not apply fuses to the target it forked on. It will apply fuses to the 2 targets it hits after forking
- Chain will only apply a fuse to the last target

In other words, fork and chain are terrible for EA.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info