Structure of the upcoming 1.0.1 content update

Some of this has been hit on people in different ways, and its addressing both GGG, as well as the community.

Desync:It is an issue, one unfortunately that i just dont think GGG is capable of handling right now. Yes some code optimization, and a few more dollars spent on the back end gear could greatly relive/completely remove noticeable desync. But considering they are having trouble(and have been having trouble since day one of open beta) of keeping up with server/bandwidth demands for this fast growing game means this is GOING to be behind. That being said i would LOVE to see some code optimization GGG! It not only reduces the strain to your systems, but ours. Considering what this new dominus patch does to even GOOD computers...lets just say that its unplayable on mine to put it lightly. And yes we really do need a way to tone down/remove particle effects/fog/rain. Its really unfair to those on weaker machines to not be able to farm the same areas as others when the only thing stopping them/me is the ability to turn off rain and go. Anyway onto the next part!

Patching/expansion: As one other person pointed out, different people have different jobs. A graphic artist is probably NOT going to have the skill set needed to fix other issues, they have people for that, and guess what all these patches that come out in between releases? it shows that they are working their ass off. I still remember that first week of open beta. It was a NIGHTMARE. I mean i think it took me a full day damn near just to play between patching, realm crashes etc. We all got no where fast. But even throughout all of that, they kept patching/hot patching and fixing problem after problem. They still are. When i quit playing a few months back due to some real life issues, i knew when i came back the game would be:more stable, have more content, be even more fun. Guess what, it IS! Yes i cant play scepter of god on my ancient PC, its still new content. New gems, a new class, load of new items, all great things. More importantly i no longer crash to desktop every 30 minutes to two hours in act 3. The only time i crash are those "new" random crashes/scepter of god. But its STILL vastly improved in this regard. Other parts will get better as well as time goes on. Other things will break that were not broken. Its part of the experience for any game. It may not be as noticeable in a high end title, but it still happens. Considering this companys size, and where it started from, id say its doing rather well in all regards.

New Auras: WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Ehem, uh yes please.

Skill optimization/spec throw in particular:First off their is NO way(and GGG did state this before) to "balance" even the existing gems/items for universal use. their are a mind boggling amount of possible combinations, not all of which could ever be tested(by them), invariably some skills/items will be more powerful, others wont. Some will be hard to set up needing certain pieces of gear to be viable or OP, others wont. Which brings us to Spec Throw. Is it powerful? yes! OP? a little. But considering how "broken" LA and stun builds were, not all that powerful. Id say no more than a few percentage points are needed off the base of spec throw to bring it in line with similar skills. Never the less a min/maxer will always find the skill that lets them get just that little bit extra over the next guy. You can either cry that people like kripp kill stuff a little faster(because he will ALWAYS...) than you, or you can put as much time and energy in as him and do the same. but no matter HOW they nerfed/buff skills and items. Someone is going to figure out that next uber skill set. But guess what? they ERNED it. They sat down with pen and pad(or equivalent) and did a lot of math to figure out just how to make that character more powerful than the next. I myself have a really interesting build idea requiring two high end pieces of gear ive yet to pick up in league, so the character is just sitting in my head waiting to be built. Guess what though? stipulating a level 70 character and those two pieces of gear, it is OP AS HELL. But its something that took hours of planning.
Spoiler
I look at this game much as i do MTG. MTG ruined itself, by deciding it didnt want thinkers to have an advantage over those who just threw cards together. So now the tourney scene is dominated by the same deck, played by 500 players. It is luck of the draw, and taken all the fun out. On top of this they "nerfed" every card. because "people shouldnt win in 2-3 turns". It doesnt matter how many hours we used to spend finding that 2 or 3 card combo to build a killer deck around. Instead of the company saying "high level players should be rolling scrubs" they simply turned everyone into scrubs, regardless of skill level. And yes this DOES apply.

After one of the world series, a buddy of mine bought the winning deck:wild fire. He was so stoked! he was finally going to beat my type 2 green stomp(3-4 turn kill, couldnt get the other cards i needed to move it to 2-3)We sat down to play, and i DESTROYED him. i mean this guy was buying 2 booster boxs+ a month, i had spent maybe 200$ EVER. He is now playing the BEST DECK IN THE WORLD, and cant beat me. Why? it wasnt the cards, that deck is undenyably better than what i had. It came down to his skill, and ability to think and plan. He wasnt as good as me, ergo i had the advantage. Yes a top tier player with taht deck vs my green stomp was going to win every time, but against someone of his level? He played stuff to early, or too late, or in the wrong order. When we switched off decks for the day(i wanted to play taht deck something fierce!) I destroyed my own deck(him playing it, and yeah he did a bad job their too) then i went hunting, for those that i had trouble with, including a friend who was a top tier competitive player(no joke he came up with rising tide, the next years winner). Even he couldnt stand up to this deck, he was a breeze!The point of all this being two things.

One:Even if you follow a "pro" build, does not mean you will get out of it what a pro does. If you do not understand the underlying mechanics, you will fail to deliver its full potential.

Two:If you dont want to play a pro or min/max build, DONT. At the same time dont cry when you cant do what they can. They spent/spend hours and hours figuring this stuff out. Want to compete on their level? spend the time and mental energy. Otherwise you DONT want it, and are just another spoiled kid crying.

Now all of that said:GGG Please dont go down that dark and evil road and make this game "friendly" to play. i LIKE the skill/knowledge curve, even when it bites me soundly in the arse. I cant tell you how refreshing it is to constantly be learning new things, and trying other things that maybe no one else has thought of, so i can try to get that extra .01% damage. love it!

uhhh i think ill stop here, this was long enough. time to go grind :)
The Internet:Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.
awesome !
Can´t wait!!!
Awesome :D
Awesume friends!
-
Last edited by 1451815 on Jan 6, 2023, 9:31:43 PM
VERY interested to see the new auras and vendor recipes.
great news ! but are you worling on something about desync ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info