0.9.13e Patch Notes

"
Chris wrote:
"
TehHammer wrote:
"
Jonathan wrote:
More than you would before in a party. Previously parties got slightly less experience per monster than a person playing alone.
Right, so instead of a 2 man party with mobs with 165% of the exp getting split in two, there's 100% not split in two. A HUGE buff to parties. It's going to make party races completely irrelevant for solo players.

It was 195% before for two people, not 165%. It's now the equivalent of 200%. For two person parties there's almost no difference. There is a more noticable difference for six person parties, though of course it's hard for every kill to have everyone in range.

"
BazzV5 wrote:
"
TehHammer wrote:
Right, so instead of a 2 man party with mobs with 165% of the exp getting split in two, there's 100% not split in two. A HUGE buff to parties. It's going to make party races completely irrelevant for solo players.

As a solo player I still prefer what's offered in this patch than the sight of multiple lvl1 chars in Merciless.

However I suspect that auto follow bots will become popular.

Auto-follow chars give no advantage to the higher level character - it'd get capped at the experience of the monster (though they'd leech a small amount also).

I suspect other kinda of bots will become popular lol... Did you implement ANY anti botting system yet?
Lets hear another round of applause for the GGG peeps!
Existence is infinite, a weave of live and dead, beyond the understanding of the many mortal threads.
Embrace death to honour the lost, no fear in life no matter the cost. With one of all we are and all of one we trust, throughout past, present and future...... be just.
Yay! an end to boosting at last!
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
if i understand correctly exp boost no longer aplies while HP and drop rate goes up

so single booster now will get same exp as solo,but will kill slower (so actually gets less exp) while still has increased drop rate (but kills slower so actually gets less/same)

sounds fine to me

some of my IGNs:

EKDDtemplar/DualTotemSparkfotm/jesusbestjewever/EverhardDick/SilSol/SilSol_eight/SilSol_seven/
SilSol_ten/FiretemplarwithAA/JesusFacebreaker/SilSol_three/SilSol_two/grumpycatbestgodever
"
haloja wrote:
Time to fap with this patch

Please, keep your imaginations to yourself :P

According to Patch Notes, cool :)
Good going, you found a nice balance of changes that alleviates the problem without discouraging people from playing with their friends.

I have seen some other game companies get so wrapped up with eliminating each and every advantage some use that they essentially destroy their game. You have avoided that extreme position.

Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
"
Chris wrote:
It was 195% before for two people, not 165%. It's now the equivalent of 200%. For two person parties there's almost no difference. There is a more noticable difference for six person parties, though of course it's hard for every kill to have everyone in range.
No it wasn't. I, and others tested this, it may have been intended to be 195% (the mechanics thread description implies it was) but the actual gained exp per additional party member was 165% of base exp for that mob. Ask MrDDT. Ask Panda. Those who tested this know. You just uber-buffed parties, and you don't even realize it. :p

Spoiler
So here's how the formula was described in the Mechanics thread:
Exp = BaseExp * (1 + (0.5 * AdditionalPartyMembers)) * (1 + 0.3))
2 man party = BaseExp * 1.95

But the problem is that wasn't the actual formula being used, it was:

Exp = BaseExp * (1 + (0.5 * AdditionalPartyMembers) * (1 + 0.3))
2 man party = BaseExp * 1.65

This was simple to test. Kill a mob solo, check the exp gained, bring in booster, wander away from booster so you receive all exp, kill the same mob, receive 65% more exp for each booster.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on Nov 13, 2012, 1:06:14 PM
Does it really matter? I still will NEVER group with other ppl as to ninja is their nature... Until GGG fixes this, making loot instanced per person, I prefer to play solo. Oh wait, this is an ARPG, that already denotes solo play...
The Pope quit, a meteor fell on Russia, an
asteroid came close to the earth, there's snow
in Arizona, star wars and star trek have the
same director! Who the hell is playing jumanji?
"
Udja wrote:
Does it really matter? I still will NEVER group with other ppl as to ninja is their nature... Until GGG fixes this, making loot instanced per person, I prefer to play solo. Oh wait, this is an ARPG, that already denotes solo play...
It does matter for this exact reason, playing with friends is viable because you can share loot with those that you trust, but if you're like me and rely on public parties for most of your grouping, you're either going to lose loot to ninjas or play solo.

If you solo, then you're earning exp considerably slower than a party does now. A full party will earn exp (on average) way faster than a soloing player. The gist of the reasoning for why: 6 man parties will have mobs with 350% of base life, but there's 6x the dps hitting it. Before, the reward was 425% exp split 6 ways (~70.8% each) now it's 100% each. That's huge.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
"
TehHammer wrote:
"
Udja wrote:
It does matter for this exact reason, playing with friends is viable because you can share loot with those that you trust, but if you're like me and rely on public parties for most of your grouping, you're either going to lose loot to ninjas or play solo.

If you solo, then you're earning exp considerably slower than a party does now. A full party will earn exp (on average) way faster than a soloing player. The gist of the reasoning for why: 6 man parties will have mobs with 350% of base life, but there's 6x the dps hitting it. Before, the reward was 425% exp split 6 ways (~70.8% each) now it's 100% each. That's huge.

This is true IF the party is efficient, however, due to the low HP of mobs I suspect that the best teams will likely be 2 or 3 man groups.

Yes mob HP is only 50% per bonus of 100% effective exp (150%HP for 200% mob exp split 1/2 for 2 players) however, due to how parties work and the low HP of mobs, 6 players cant really do full DPS on mobs without splitting up. Splitting up makes it so they dont get exp.

Anyways, did this fix the boosting? Yes for sure. Botting isnt in question because you cant stop botting. People can make bots that play just like a player so whats the point? You going to make it so players cant get exp to stop botting?

I believe that solo play will still be valid however, good small groups will likely be the best over all. Maybe even boosted groups of 3 players +3 boosters for IIQ/IIR.

I'm going to give this time for people to check out but these are my early thoughts on the topic.

P.S. Chris, Not that it matters now but exp before was 100% +65% per added player to the group.
Last edited by MrDDT on Nov 13, 2012, 2:14:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info