0.9.13e Patch Notes

"
Chris wrote:
Specifically, the consequences of the experience changes are:

Players who "boosted" by having lower level party members in the area (out of experience distance) will now receive the same experience as if they killed monsters in a solo game.

They will receive the same experience per monster, but the rate at which they gain experience will likely decrease, right?

The reason being that the monsters will take longer to kill (more HP), while the experienced gained per monster will remain the same.

Or does monster HP scale dynamically with the number of nearby players?
some of the top cheaters oops, farmers, sorry, I meant "players" make this boost nerf sound like an injustice. I'm detecting an element of denial.

Well, bye bye easy exploiting exp gain and hopefully soon, excessive currency gain. :)

Here is a pro-tip: play the game like everyone else.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
sweeet !
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:
some of the top cheaters oops, farmers, sorry, I meant "players" make this boost nerf sound like an injustice. I'm detecting an element of denial.

Well, bye bye easy exploiting exp gain and hopefully soon, excessive currency gain. :)

Here is a pro-tip: play the game like everyone else.

Perhaps you don't get WHY this solution is not the best. The poster above sure does. If.monster HP scaled dynamically it would be fine.
I really don't see what the big deal is here. It just makes the choice of partying a little simpler.

Do you want to play with other players?
Yes: Join a party and kill as a member of the group.
No: Play Solo.

It takes out the "I want to get extra experience from being in a party" reason for grouping.
It might even make partying more social and less likely to feel like a business arrangement. I'm looking forward to this being even more true when/if the party loot booting gets adjusted in a future patch.
Last edited by Vidorr on Nov 13, 2012, 3:21:45 AM
I also LOVE this

"
Experience is still scaled down if the player is too high or too low level, or if there's a much higher level party member nearby. These equations have not changed.

This encourages leveling amongst people of similar level. So you can't 'hire' merciless level people as boosters too.

So I repeat my protip: Play the game like everyone else :)

Addit:

Thinking about this further, these changes pushes the game into a more dedicated level once you far outlevel the highest mobs. You need to put in substantially more effort and time in order to get incrementally smaller advances. In other words, a long term time sink and investment. I believe this fits into one of GGG's objectives about prolonging the life span of the game. If you want to dominate with one character, then be prepared to spend a long long time with it. I eagerly await the multi farming iiq/iir nerf, oops i mean rebalancing. Hopefully this will go a long long way into fixing the imbalanced redistribution of wealth towards the top ladder farmer-players and their bots.

Another edit:
Yeah I reread tehhammer. good points!
Also, If you want to join a party for the boost, then split off as per previously, with the new patch, its like "what's the point of doing that?" it discourages the above mentioned activity, and further encourage team play. Hopefully this will encourage all-in cohesive team play. Can this mechanic be further tweaked so if a player wanders off, the exp gain is reduced, but the monster difficulty remains the same, encouraging the party leader to 'kick' out the offending player. You stay in the party or you don't. With FFA loot, this is additionally fantastic.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
Last edited by THEHORNEDRAT on Nov 13, 2012, 4:07:54 AM
why is boosting that big problem? if no boosting then multiboxing? this patch dont fix anything

Im just scared about inreased Xp in group if we dont split its looks like we dont get more xp and co-op will be useless... ;/
IGN KotsaPL
Last edited by kotsapl on Nov 13, 2012, 3:55:43 AM
i aplaud you for solving 50% of the boosting problem

hopefully till OB comes you will fix the other 50% of boosting issues
some of my IGNs:

EKDDtemplar/DualTotemSparkfotm/jesusbestjewever/EverhardDick/SilSol/SilSol_eight/SilSol_seven/
SilSol_ten/FiretemplarwithAA/JesusFacebreaker/SilSol_three/SilSol_two/grumpycatbestgodever
The patch doesn't fix the root of the problem, most players will only need 3-4 additional hours to generate a level 35 character and the main problem were the drops.

More players->More Chisels/Alchs/Chaos Orbs->More Maps

I guess many players wouldn't care if they had a /player x option to get more drops.

"
Finally people can't cheat in races anymore =) tyvm
But still doesn't solve the other half of the boosting problem.

Yeah but people can still cheat by using a botter board like a really active user with the same nick as you.
Oh what irony.

"
TehHammer wrote:
"
Jonathan wrote:
More than you would before in a party. Previously parties got slightly less experience per monster than a person playing alone.
Right, so instead of a 2 man party with mobs with 165% of the exp getting split in two, there's 100% not split in two. A HUGE buff to parties. It's going to make party races completely irrelevant for solo players.

It was 195% before for two people, not 165%. It's now the equivalent of 200%. For two person parties there's almost no difference. There is a more noticable difference for six person parties, though of course it's hard for every kill to have everyone in range.

"
BazzV5 wrote:
"
TehHammer wrote:
Right, so instead of a 2 man party with mobs with 165% of the exp getting split in two, there's 100% not split in two. A HUGE buff to parties. It's going to make party races completely irrelevant for solo players.

As a solo player I still prefer what's offered in this patch than the sight of multiple lvl1 chars in Merciless.

However I suspect that auto follow bots will become popular.

Auto-follow chars give no advantage to the higher level character - it'd get capped at the experience of the monster (though they'd leech a small amount also).
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info