PVP seems.... Dead

"
Carlucio wrote:
I just got to 28 and i can't fing pvp battles, should i give up and keep leveling? try again when the open beta is released?

Have you already gone to cruel? If not, go to gruest in a2, and click the pvp related option
"
clinx1337 wrote:

I am trying to figure out why noone plays anymore but it seems like things are just not greatly balanced?

Im not sure if there is a great solution but every match I play now I either completely rock my opponent or I get completely rocked. I dont even think skill is involved much anymore but just more about who is better geared and the whole passive talent rock paper scissors game.

I'll tell you how to fix PVP. One quick fix that solves all this so-called imbalancing.

Limit gear to white items only.

There you go.
Last edited by OdinTheGrand on Dec 11, 2012, 9:56:27 PM
It would help a LOT if you could do things while in queue. Nobody wants to stand around in queue waiting for matches, which could take a while with current activity levels. This further reinforces low activity levels, increasing wait times, further reducing activity levels etc etc.

Low activity feeds on itself in another way: when you do get a match, itll probably just be you and one other guy queuing. People usually don't want to fight the same person over and over again, so they'll stop PvPing. Hard to get up to a critical mass of many people PvPing regularly so you can get quick and varied matches.
If they just added 2v2 and kept 1v1 the way it is that would work. Your balance issue is a little surprising. The game is almost in OB, well established games with great PvP systems now still are unbalanced. Where pvp in concerend you are always going to see specific builds being played to roll over people. I think even at 28 gear is a factor, someone can farm for twink gear, and regamble the hell out of lower pieces so that he has a distinct advantage.

Another note: at lvl 28 you are limited in you skill tree. This makes what build you choose extremely important because there just isnt that many options.

I would assume you get stomped by twinks that have farmed better abilities and rolled better items than you. But I would also assume you get rolled by a certain build that you just cannot beat given your current point limitations.

Twink pvp is always more limited than end-game pvp. But the one thing that is going to be consistent in both brackets is that more often than not someone with better gear and a counter build is going to butt-plug you whether or not you are a better player skill wise. Maybe you'll win a few, but If he's of equal skill he will win.

The issue with imbalanced pvp isn't that some builds are better slightly, or marginally; it's that there is singular no competition in the long run with these builds. 8k HP with 40kish armor, getting one shot in pvp, by a 4l bear trap, is indicitive of a very large issue with something.
I just tested pvp out again and played 2 matches (low level 20 witch)

results:

witch vs templar
1st the other guy used arc, and it destroyed my mines, since when are mines capable of being destroyed? other then that I lost pretty easily.

witch versus ranger
2nd match, I was wining then the other person got 1 ahead and hid in the corner because they were scared of my mines, and won. they knew they'd probably die if they came near me. Losing because of that when I had a chance of winning because they just kept hiding in the corner. ok I wasn't moving much except to place mines and cast a a few spells. However I kept trying to engage them and attack using my skills, except when they were hidden in the corner. Really not a fun way to lose a match.

Since I only had one aura in both these matches I was using it was easy to start.

Maybe we need something to prevent the hiding in the corner like that ranger just shooting her bow at me even though I was behind an obstacle. Before the ranger was wining they were actively seeking me out. to try and attack.

they basically waited it out because my build I uses mines and I nee to wait for them to move first.
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
"
Faerie_Storm wrote:
Maybe we need something to prevent the hiding in the corner like that ranger just shooting her bow at me even though I was behind an obstacle. Before the ranger was wining they were actively seeking me out. to try and attack.

they basically waited it out because my build I uses mines and I nee to wait for them to move first.
Heh, well, or maybe using a build with just mines to attack has drawbacks like this that people should take into consideration when building for PvP. I mean it's not a fundamentally different situation to saying your build focuses on Molten Shell and people stayed out of close range - of course they would.

Still, maybe the game could use something like a relatively long-duration AOE DOT for area denial/"softening up" purposes? I don't know, I don't play PvP but I find the balance questions it poses interesting nonetheless.
The mines aren't to attack, they don't even do any damage. I use them to freeze before pounding down on my opponent.
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
I assume you ran away and hid behind stuff while the ranger tried to attack you. It's only fair, rangers/bows in general, are at an extreme disadvantage in the current system.
sorry, but are you SERIOUS?

You drop mines, so the guy doesn't run around like a chicken with his head cut off and blowing himself up on your mines, and you are sayings its not fair?

He adapted to your strategy. Maybe you should get a better one before coming here and begging the developers to stop your opponents from moving at all and just letting you free cast at them.

I love the part where you said YOU were hiding behind an obstacle...and then had such disdain for the ranger for doing the exact same thing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info