PvP Feedback

"
iamstryker wrote:
I actually disagree about the player skill part. This isn't a first person shooter, its a loot dungeon crawler.

I think people that spend more time making a good build and farming gear should have the edge in pvp.

PVP is often called a game of paper rock scissors because some builds do better against others. There is little skill, its mostly just knowledge of the mechanics that doesn't take all that long to learn. I enjoy pvp the way that it is currently, I just want to see them put effort into balancing the stuff thats overpowered or underpowered.

I agree, PvP in this game is an will always be dependant on build and gear. It is IMPOSSIBLE, to make it skill depentant, because of all the mechanics involved.

If you like PvP where build is the most important factor, go play Neverwinter Nights.

If you like PvP where skill is the most important factor, go play COD.

PvP here will be about COUNTERBUILDS which will depend on build and gear.

The problem is the current PvP System:

Random 1 v 1: This is meant for SKILL based PvP, because they will always have 50% chances to win.

Random 3 v 3: Same.

Cutthroat system, works better in games that have open worlds and where itemization is not so important.

Since, i don't like any of the current ways to do PvP, i have some suggestions for PvP alternatives:

1. Random Build Team PvP: In this system, the players of the team will NOT be randomly chosen, they will be chosen depending on their build.

Example of Builds: Summoner, Fire Caster, Cold Caster, Lightning Caster, Totemist, Physical Archer, Elemental Archer, Physical Melee, Elemental Melee. (I know that there are more builds).

In this case, players will play the role of one of those builds in a random team. And teams will have same number of players and the same kind of builds (e.g: caster ranged physical elemental melee vs caster ranged physical elemental melee).

2. Non Random Team PvP: Players will create teams beforehand and will enter into a queue as a team, and will be matched with a team of the same number of players. In this case, groups of friends will create characters thinking on the role they play in the TEAM.
I like this one because, more build options will appear.
"The harder the game, the better."
Last edited by Vold316 on Apr 23, 2013, 3:18:20 PM
buff clarity in pvp arena

level 7 clarity a mana pot or two isn't enough to spam anyspell, being linked 3 or 4 times.
"
exmse wrote:

level 7 clarity a mana pot or two isn't enough to spam anyspell, being linked 3 or 4 times.

I find I need extra mana regen nodes (60% worth) in order to spam 3-4 linked spells. It makes it difficult being a shadow caster since those nodes aren't easily accessable. Rings with 30% mana regen, EB, and mana from the bandit quest also help a lot I find.
IGN: _Firebitch
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
"
exmse wrote:

I find I need extra mana regen nodes (60% worth) in order to spam 3-4 linked spells. It makes it difficult being a shadow caster since those nodes aren't easily accessable. Rings with 30% mana regen, EB, and mana from the bandit quest also help a lot I find.

yeah it helps but they take away from stats you need such as resist and life
In LvL 28 PvP, Physical Damage >>>>>>>> Elemental Damage.

Because, it is too easy to overcap resistances, specially for marauders.
It's much harder to get phys damage though. It doesn't scale nearly as well. Many guys have 2-3k ele dps. One guy has almost 10k dps in 28 pvp!
IGN: _Firebitch
That´s the reason why it is so hard to balance this game for PvP, it depends too much on gear.

Btw, a skill that should be nerfed is Bear Trap...

I dueled a Templar level 74, with my level 54 Marauder (good equipment for that level, armor and life based), and got literaly 1-shot with 1 bear trap.
"
Vold316 wrote:
That´s the reason why it is so hard to balance this game for PvP, it depends too much on gear.

Btw, a skill that should be nerfed is Bear Trap...

I dueled a Templar level 74, with my level 54 Marauder (good equipment for that level, armor and life based), and got literaly 1-shot with 1 bear trap.

Nearly every player I have met in pvp agrees on this. Either a rebalance or a revamp of mechanics.

I think one rule of thumb is if a skill feels required for pvp then its probably too powerful or requires too little investment.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on May 1, 2013, 4:12:08 AM
i agree with above
Something im missing:

-Diablo 2 free style dueling system for random public games ( all vs all / party ).

-Clans / teams like in Dota2 / warcraft 3 / etc .

-A second dueling system Competitive 2v/3v/4v/5v5 matches beetween clans with the game / balance rules system.

-Each character with their OWN skills .. not gems depending on your main/s atributes.

-More people on games and of course more characters.

Sorry if bad english and thanks for listen me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info