Level Lock?

Maybe in future patch be possible to implant where players can choose to level lock their character IE. their dedicated PvP character.. thoughts?
Seconding this request. As it stands you level a dude up to 28, park him in town and have other characters run zones for gear. Not exactly the most elegant of solutions.
"
Kaziglu_Bey wrote:
Seconding this request. As it stands you level a dude up to 28, park him in town and have other characters run zones for gear. Not exactly the most elegant of solutions.

This, should be an option next to your experience bar which can get turned on and off.
Last edited by IHopeYouStepOnALego on Nov 1, 2012, 10:21:55 AM
"
"
Kaziglu_Bey wrote:

This, should be an option next to your experience bar which can get turned on and off.

Why would you ever want to turn off your gaining exp....

Get him to lvl 28 then leave and use your main or alts for gear its not hard to do and lets face it, it does not take long to get to lvl 28.

Just seems a waste of resources to ask GGG to do this when there is more important issues that need attending to.
Its only money. May as well spend it here.

Buy beta.

Please Do Not PM me if you have no sense of humour as to what i say on forums.
"
Stretch163 wrote:
"
"
Kaziglu_Bey wrote:

Why would you ever want to turn off your gaining exp....

Get him to lvl 28 then leave and use your main or alts for gear its not hard to do and lets face it, it does not take long to get to lvl 28.

Just seems a waste of resources to ask GGG to do this when there is more important issues that need attending to.

im sorry but this was a really dumb answer...

Just because people want to PVP with a LLD character Doesnt mean they want to leave him in town all the time and not kill a single monster ever again..

basicly right now everything has to be done from another character which is completely bogus..

My only concern about turning off EXP gain, is that you will still have to level gems on other characters..besides that yeah i really want EXP lock as an option, but i did hear it will be a microtransaction? anyone can confirm? and how long till we can get that..
So basically you want to continue farmng with a lvl 28 character which to me seems as dumb as a level lock. Lets face it the majority of people that know what they are doing and wish to maintain a level 28 pvp character will do 1 of 2 things they will either buy the items they want or the not so dumb people will have a high level alt that will farm with MF and or craft items for there pvp Character.

But i guess its each to there own.

But hey if a level lock comes up as a microtransaction then you go ahead and spend your cash on it. I mean lets face it a level cap is such a neccesity compared to say an extra stash tab or some of the other goodies that im sure will be arriving with OB.

And to take your gems out and level them on another character just for use on your pvp character well thats worse than a lvl cap.
Its only money. May as well spend it here.

Buy beta.

Please Do Not PM me if you have no sense of humour as to what i say on forums.
Last edited by Stretch163 on Nov 2, 2012, 12:27:01 AM
"
Stretch163 wrote:
[...] have a high level alt that will farm with MF and or craft items for there pvp Character.

A good point, specifically mentioning that a high level alt can afford to swap in MF for a smoother item find. Granted, fair enough.

"
Stretch163 wrote:
But hey if a level lock comes up as a microtransaction then you go ahead and spend your cash on it. I mean lets face it a level cap is such a neccesity compared to say an extra stash tab or some of the other goodies that im sure will be arriving with OB.

Not sure why you think that if level locking was proposed as a feature it would need to be payed for. Mentioning a high-tier's item flexibility with regards to MF usage is a good argument, going all "I don't think this is a good idea but if they do it I hope people need to pay for it" is not.

"
Stretch163 wrote:
And to take your gems out and level them on another character just for use on your pvp character well thats worse than a lvl cap.

You can't actually do that, or at least do it well, given that gems have a minimum level needed that goes up as the gem's level does. So yeah, maybe one or two extra levels past the PvP character hitting 28, but in my experience gems tend to keep pace with your own level fairly well.

Now, if the case is getting and leveling a few more gems on the side in order to twink your 28's skill selection, well... No other way to do it BUT on another character if level locking isn't an option. But then, funnily enough, your initial argument is applicable: Why would I level these gems on a locked 28 when the XP a lvl ~60 gets is so much better! What's your beef with the gem swapping, Stretch163? Why is grinding for gear on a high level kosher but leveling gems is not, in your opinion?

-----------------------------------------------

TL;DR: Stretch163's argument that you'd want to run gear for the 28 on an alt makes sense if you factor in speed and MF usage. Agreed. Level locking is not needed.
This is key beacuase i have issues leveling my skil gems up to the max level they can be for level 28
I don't see this as a serious issue going forward. Right now its bothering me slightly because I'm coming into 9.13 fresh without having played since the prev wipe, and I want to 28 PvP NOW without lvling another character up first :) But realistically lvl 28 PvP is not going to be something first time players get into heavily, it'll all be twinks. So, would be a useful feature but not worth spending time on IMO.
But its sooooo much easier to farm Cruel Ledge with my lvl 62 duelist who one shots everything with cleave, and has a bunch of IIR and IIQ.

No way to do that with a level locked character.

Also level locking characters gives a HUGE advantage in acquiring currency items.
S L O W E R

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info