Summoners in pvp arenas.

There is another issue, af if small arena size wasnt enough, my oponent see me on map, so i cant disengage ans ummon up, or hide while summoning up, he goes straight to me giving no time to any kind of preparations.

since summone dont have hiogher damage then skills, and dont always hit even when they are up, there is no way to win in situation when it is 1 spell cast for 1 spell cast exchange.

And its almost always exhange like this becouse there is o room/ time given to prepare for exchanging blows.

and as for suggestion about aura/curse sumoner. both auras/ traps/ curses are also casted.

Yopu can only cast either trap or curse or summon.

If you need to summon DURING fight it means you cant cast traps/ curses at that time.And if you cast sumons, it means you are not setting traps.

Also traps would only make sense if you could actiolly have time to set them up.
I have runes, potions and total disregard of public safety.
Considering summoners basically require no items to excel in PVE, I think it makes sense that they have a disadvantage in pvp, if you want an easy character, you go for a summoner, if you want a "leet" pvp character, you build something a bit more complicated.
"
TiltedAxis wrote:
Considering summoners basically require no items to excel in PVE, I think it makes sense that they have a disadvantage in pvp, if you want an easy character, you go for a summoner, if you want a "leet" pvp character, you build something a bit more complicated.

Right, right so they should have designed whole arena so that summoners don't have summons at the beginning of fight , and just be dudes with no damage that can summon things instead of atacking you while you kick the crap out of them?

If sumons just werent effective that'd be one thing, but not letting sumoner HAVE those sumons is just odd.
Last edited by pod11 on Nov 1, 2012, 6:18:58 PM
"
TiltedAxis wrote:

Thats why top 10 is filled with summoner.
IGN QTCRZ
Marauder summoners? thats news.
I have a level 62 templar pure summoner, and I have tried PVP 2 times yesterday. Yes, zombies are pretty weak, but I figured out that skeletons, socketed with increased life seems better in combination with minion instability. I could summon the skeletons directly on top of the opponent, and they explode for high damage upon death. Temporal chains is a good cc ability to decrease their mobility, to give me more time to summon up to 11 skeletons on the opponent.

It needs a lot of practice, and doesn't work against every opponent; however, especially melee opponents are going to suffer a lot because of the minion instability.
"
pod11 wrote:
Marauder summoners? thats news.

It's between summoners and Marauders who sit in the top 10. Don't pretend otherwise.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
My personal experience is that the strength of summoners lies in their ability to hide in summons making it impossible to actually target them.

/melee sword & board open pvp
✠ ✠
i pvped and 2 hitted people with my minions, idk why people think summoners suck in pvp....i think i pvped like 6 times and havnt lost 1 match
<3 exploding minions
Not true, i play as a summoner and im doing ok, and my gear kinda sucks at the same time.

One thing that should be patched (just my experience.)in PvP is 1: Bear trap and 2: leap attack

Bear trap just seems unfair and way tooo overpowered... but i quess if everybody uses it, its not going to be a big problem...

Leap Attacking only marauder is the most annyoing shit ive seen so far. Its like if you are fighting oak and he just has one attack: Leap attack. Its a much bigger issue than bear trap. You cant hit an enemy player who is just leap attacking all over the arena.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info