Summoners in pvp arenas.

So yet another game summoners are completely useless in pvp.

Arenas are 2 second walk distance, with bodies in the middle.

Absolutely no time to even summon stuff, and even if i sumon something it is 2 - shot by anything. 1 shot if enemy is damage focused.

And most ppl wil just use aoe anyway in any pvp as it is impossible to dodge and conviniently just kill all sumonas at the time.

Frost nova dude was impossible to even be hit by any summons, and i had like max 4 at a time they just died before even targeting him.

How is summoner suposed to be viable like this?
And why i expected summoners to be viable?
becouse all those problems have been pointed out to be common in opther games and summoners were promised to be viable.

Its not really balancing issue, whole arena is designed to be impossible to give any time, (not to mention 90 second limit ) or to create any distance to recast stuff.

And you even reset sumons betwen rounds in case any survive?
I have runes, potions and total disregard of public safety.
Last edited by pod11 on Oct 31, 2012, 11:46:31 PM
Other summoners, give us your feedback! Though they weren't overly offensive, we found Summoners to be quite effective in PvP, especially combined with lockdown skills like Bear Trap. The trick I found was to make sure your minions have the chance to beat on your opponent - Locking them in place will give the minions plenty of time to murder them. There are other alternatives, and I'm sure plenty of other strategies. Like most other classes though, you'll probably need more than the standard skills you've been using to give you the edge you need in PvP.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Rory on Nov 1, 2012, 1:22:56 AM
say it to regen maras.
Because life is short, you shall make rains of all sort - Amarena, the Iron Man
-
My IRON MAN witch build video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJOUcu0ioL4
-
Do you want your witch wearing PANTS? check
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/19769
I'm a lvl74 tanklar on HC and today I versed a summoner 1v1. Let me just say that raise zombie is extemely effective versing a melee, I could barely get close / hit the opponent.
13k armour, 5k hp, 1k ES and 60% block and I can't stand still for 2-3 seconds in a horde of zombies, I was constantly having to shield charge through them.

Are you doing merciless PVP or lvl28 PVP? I'm specced for survival and I can't take hits from minions, that says something :P
Don't forget that zombies and skeletons scale somewhat exponentially. Summoners are plenty weak at level 28 tier since players can't amass enough minions to matter or get enough passives. Once they're able to pick up and level Bear Trap/freeze/temporal chains things can get very difficult.
I guess i should have mentioned my experience is about lvl 28 pvp.

But how can you " amass zombies" if your enemy is on you same moment as you get to bodies to even raise any, and you may summon only 1 at a time, which takes same time as killing that one?

I THINK ( cant rly test it) that summons might be effective against perhaps flicker strike, or maby against some other single target strategies,but thats it.
I have runes, potions and total disregard of public safety.
Last edited by pod11 on Nov 1, 2012, 11:39:11 AM
I dunno what's going on. I got my butt kicked 9 times in a row, mostly from summoners.

I'm using DualStrike, 3k dps, 11k armour with IR, 2k hp.

I never had a chance, but this was in Merc.
MonstaMunch: "You're just jelly because you can't afford to mirror my rod. It's 100% reel."

GooberM: "How does that not warrant a good ol' stabby-stabby?"
i would agree with this post, i was a level 27 marauder and i dueled a templar summoner, his minions dealt some decent damage but once i got close to him it was 1-2 hit kill and they were very easy to avoid or kill..

but you have to realize, not every build is going to be as viable in pvp as in pve or at level 28 compared to 60+ and i think it SHOULD be this way.. there is also character advantages and disadvantages depending on who you VS.

One suggestion i might make to GGG that i have made before is either randomize where the corpses lay at the beginning of the match, or place them on both sides of the arena for fairness purposes.

but you have to think, if they try to balance something in lvl 28 pvp it could potentially imbalance merciless pvp (like increasing cast time on summoning) everyone here said merciless summoners own..
Last edited by Rnew1990 on Nov 1, 2012, 1:58:02 PM
"
Rnew1990 wrote:
i would agree with this post, i was a level 27 marauder and i dueled a templar summoner, his minions dealt some decent damage but once i got close to him it was 1-2 hit kill and they were very easy to avoid or kill..

but you have to realize, not every build is going to be as viable in pvp as in pve or at level 28 compared to 60+ and i think it SHOULD be this way.. there is also character advantages and disadvantages depending on who you VS.

LOL

Summoner is even more of a joke at 60+

Every GS mara have leap strike, heavy strike, and every other ranged or caster can 1 hit kill minions.

Btw, Id love to met some of the Merc summoner that owning, all I know is none of us dared to enter dueling last night
IGN QTCRZ
Last edited by Tomorrow on Nov 1, 2012, 2:06:45 PM
"
Tomorrow wrote:
"
Rnew1990 wrote:

LOL

Summoner is even more of a joke at 60+

Every GS mara have leap strike, heavy strike, and every other ranged or caster can 1 hit kill minions.

iv read otherwise.

Im curious though, if you use something like flicker strike or lightning warp, do your minions warp too?
Last edited by Rnew1990 on Nov 1, 2012, 2:07:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info