Chain

Well there we go then. Thanks Mark for clearing that up.
i tried it with GMP and ice spear and boy was that fun!! faster projectiles is awesome with it too, ping poungs back and forth so fast, looks great. what i like about it is if you get a crit. then all chains from that shot are crits. as well. so with the second form of ice spear having such a nice crit bonus with it u can toast some mobs very nicely and fast too. but what some may be seeing is cause ice spear will not chain until second form is that when u target close mobs u will not get any chains cause ice spear pierces thu them.

also tested it on arc too and it works very well making arc chain 5 times.

did a freezing pulse test too, but just couldnt see very well if it chained it or not. it does show up on the icon that it links to it but dont think it works on it or at least not very well enough to see it.
"
banezilla wrote:
did a freezing pulse test too, but just couldnt see very well if it chained it or not. it does show up on the icon that it links to it but dont think it works on it or at least not very well enough to see it.
Freezing pulse can never benefit from chain because it always pierces instead. It's probably set up to link just because it's in the projectile category and the game hasn't been programmed to discriminate between skills that always pierce.
"
Strill wrote:
"
banezilla wrote:
Freezing pulse can never benefit from chain because it always pierces instead. It's probably set up to link just because it's in the projectile category and the game hasn't been programmed to discriminate between skills that always pierce.

ya i forgot it does pierce, well now we know that wont work. thanks
Anyone know if this gem exists as a quest reward, and if so, where?
I tested chain with lightning arrow and lesser multiple projectiles. I was only seeing 1 projectile chain, which made me think that only the original shot was chaining, not the added 2 shots from LMP.

I then tested chain with ethereal knives and saw all hits chain. Each chain was only a single projectile, not a new spray of shots.

This makes me think that chain does not stack with LMP, either that or lightning arrow is bugged.

--Edit--

After further testing with greater multiple projectiles and fire arrow, I confirmed that only 1 projectile will chain.

Added projectiles from LMP and GMP do not chain, only the original shot does.
Last edited by suburban on Nov 4, 2012, 2:09:37 PM
"
suburban wrote:
-interesting stuff-

but what about just chain + light arrow, does the chaining happen before or after light arrow's split? as in does the split happen on first hit along side the chaining effect or does chaining happen THEN the split on the final extra target struck.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
suburban wrote:
-interesting stuff-

but what about just chain + light arrow, does the chaining happen before or after light arrow's split? as in does the split happen on first hit along side the chaining effect or does chaining happen THEN the split on the final extra target struck.

It happens too fast to see, when the mobs are within range of lightning arrows aoe, the chain happens almost instantly as the aoe hits. I think this has more to do with the mechanics of lightning arrow than chain though.
well in the case of fork, fork happens before light arrow's "AoE" splitting. but in case of pierce, the splits happen each foe hit on the piecing.
Does it work with lighting strike?
ign PhysicalActivity

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info