Chain

"
Baki wrote:
today i went to a lower level area where i could 1-shot everything. with LMP i should kill 3x3=9 targets for each shot if i hit the initial 3 targets. but often only 3 till 5 went down while like 8 or 9 were in range.

could it be that chain does not chain if the target dies by the initial hit? or did the chained projectiles try to target mobs that were killed 0.001 seconds ago?

That's easy to determine. Just pay attention if there is some "wasted" arrows after initial hit.
It could be there in some situation when after initial hit 2 or more arrows chain to the 1 target and after it dies 1 or more arrow "missied" it and fly away.

Tangent Incoming: LA doesn't need any LMP/GMP/Chain- most of the LA builds posted in Ranger and Shadow counsel against it as a waste.
any proofs? links? LMP and chain very good with LA, but cuz of thorns buff it's like "plz kill me" thing right now.

WTS
Last edited by DarkBunny on Apr 18, 2013, 10:10:56 AM
"
Taupwnz wrote:
any proofs? links? LMP and chain very good with LA, but cuz of thorns buff it's like "plz kill me" thing right now.

It will take the Chain thread on a massive tangent- I'd hit the LA builds in Shadow/Ranger or Duelist, but the math is pretty simple.

On my Shadow: LA, buffed with Penetration, Increased Crit Dam and Leech, costs ~24 Mana per shot. With my attack speed @ 1.9 I spend about 48 mana per second to hit 3 bad guys twice. This is well within the range of my Clarity buffed and Mana Leeched regen. Your Chain or LMP combo costs 1.5 to 2x more per shot, and doesn't have any greater area effect unless the groupsize is fairly massive- even in that scenario your returns are lower per mana point than mine, as is your damage. My DPS is ~900, which would drop considerably with Chain, and marginally with LMP at the higher mana cost.
does chain and pierce stack?? what happens if i link splitarrow + chain + pierce???
"
tqp wrote:
does chain and pierce stack?? what happens if i link splitarrow + chain + pierce???
pierce happens before fork then before chain. if you have 100% pierce, you cannot fork or chain.
so chain and pierce dont work together.. would be sick if arrows could chain and pierce and then chain again
"
tqp wrote:
so chain and pierce dont work together.. would be sick if arrows could chain and pierce and then chain again

Sick yes, but completely and utterly broken. Would result in a screenclearing combo stronger then chain+GMP before all chain nerfs.
Talisman softcore IGN:disappointment
I want closed beta chain back!!

These non chain builds are not as fun for me as the ones I used chain in.(Lightning strike,Arc,Ethereal knives,Spark)

I miss killing giant hordes of monsters completely obliterated.

When chain was nerfed it killed a very fun part of this game.
Question about LA + Chain: Will it be my arrow hit 2 more time for a total of 6 hits or it jump 3 times, each times strike 3 more nearby monsters for a total of 12 hits?
What is the range of chained projectile? I would like to calculate the practical effect of LA+chain bug correction that will be introduced in the new patch.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info