Fire Penetration

Post your feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.

GEM EXAMPLES COMING SOON
Balance & Design
Last edited by Rory on Oct 31, 2012, 10:03:53 PM
Last bumped on Mar 30, 2018, 7:23:30 PM
Question with Use in Infernal blow + ele prolif: Does it work for the proliferated ignite damage or just the single monster I attack? does it work with IB explosion and then the prolif burning damage from that? thanks
Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Krupkee wrote:
Question with Use in Infernal blow + ele prolif: Does it work for the proliferated ignite damage or just the single monster I attack? does it work with IB explosion and then the prolif burning damage from that? thanks
Applies to hits from the supported skill, not anything else. If you hit a monster, that hit treats fire resistance as lower than the actual value.
"
dspair wrote:
Unavailable

Unavailable
where do i get one of those?
Does linking this gem with Raise/Summon Minions works with Minion Stability?
i read that con effect does work, so i can see how fire penetration working too as minion instability is fire damage.
Unavailable
So I'm currently testing out a Righteous Fire build, and I was going for multiple ways of lowering my targets fire resistance.

My intention was stacking Double-Equilibrium, Flammability/Elemental Weakness (or even both), and using the Fire Penetration support.

But sadly since Righteous Fire is considered an aura and not an active spell, it dosn't link with this support.

My question is, is this intentional? Wouldn't it make it interesting if it penetrated your own resistance aswell as your enemies?

Food for thought.
If FP would pierce your own resists, Righteous Fire becomes almost impossible to use as a damage source. Note that FP does not work like the Resistance Curses; Penetration subtracts its value from the *final* resistance. Overstacked resistances are ignored. Trying to maintain RF when your Fire Resist sits at 60 is... Pretty rough. :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info