Fire Penetration

Linking Fire Pen to Herald of Ash does nothing for you. Herald of Ash does not land any Hits (it only deals Damage over Time), and Pen is an on-Hit effect.
How does fire pen work with molten strike?

Does it apply to the melee hit as well as the projectiles?

When I slot this in my molten strike dps (on my char sheet) doesn't increase. But i'm wondering if that's because it only affects the projectile DPS (which also doesn't show on the stat sheet)
Last edited by eternalbeat on Jul 19, 2015, 7:10:31 PM
Pen doesn't directly increase your Damage, it never affects listed DPS nor Damage per Hit.
It applies to all Fire Damage from Hits.
thanks..
How does Fire Penetration interact with elemental damage reflect? For example, my fire based attack supported by FP hits a monster that reflects 15% elemental damage. If I understand reflects correctly, this results in me hitting myself for 15% of the fire damage I deal to the monster. But do I pierce my own fire resistance in this case?
Pen does not apply to Damage you take from Reflect.
I want get max benefit of this gem. I'm using 2x Oni goroshi so I will have 6 link in chest free for Herald of Ice and supports. I don't use Herald of Ash because HoI triggers Curse on Hit Assasin and Warlord Marks curses. I decided to use cold to fire and fire penetration as last one for HoI supports. I've noticed that cold to fire with hoi ignites enemies so it triggers oni goroshi her embrace.
Question is - fire penetration with HoI will affect mob only for dmg from HoI and its supports or it works like debuff and it will proc with main skills link for example blade flurry and supports and oni goroshi fire dmg?
Last edited by vayha on Mar 30, 2018, 9:24:04 AM
"
vayha wrote:
I want get max benefit of this gem. I'm using 2x Oni goroshi so I will have 6 link in chest free for Herald of Ice and supports. I don't use Herald of Ash because HoI triggers Curse on Hit Assasin and Warlord Marks curses. I decided to use cold to fire and fire penetration as last one for HoI supports. I've noticed that cold to fire with hoi ignites enemies so it triggers oni goroshi her embrace.
Question is - fire penetration with HoI will affect mob only for dmg from HoI and its supports or it works like debuff and it will proc with main skills link for example blade flurry and supports and oni goroshi fire dmg?

Any support, this one included, only affects the skills it is linked to. The damage of HoI explosions will penetrate the enemy fire resistances, the damage of any other skills will not.

Penetration does not apply any lingering debuff to the enemy, it is specifically only applying to the hits which have penetration.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Mar 30, 2018, 7:24:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info