Flammability

"
BRavich wrote:
Unless you have resolute technique, the added chance to burn is going to add negligible DPS.

You seem to assume everyone has stacked Crit Chance and rotates Diamond Flasks 24/7. This is, in fact, not the case :)
Well, for a pyromancer witch who can get Whispers of Doom, you could stack Ele Weakness AND this curse. With all the fire damage buffs this seems like a good move.
[quote="Xavderion"]Adapt or die.[/quote]
[quote="NekoHanten"]You are a prisoner who has been exiled to Wraeclast. Do you think it's meant to be easy and fun?[/quote]
Though I'd suggest taking either Crit Weakness or Vulnerability instead; until you get three curses that is.^^
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
I like this but I wish Ignite was a bit stronger than it is currently. I guess it's more of an issue with the status debuff in general and not with this curse but still that's the big point of the curse, getting a lot of ignites(otherwise using elemental weakness is generally just as good/better if you have any other source of elemental dmg). It does pretty good dmg but fairly slowly and the only added benefit is SOME mobs will flee when ignited(but not the whole time and seems there's a cooldown on it since they don't flee again if they get ignited again).

My problem with this mechanic though is first it's very annoying with firestorm since mobs run out of it and second it doesn't work on most of the mobs in the game.

On top of that, I feel there's a lot more fire resistant mobs than not. All skeletons are and that's a large amount of mobs to begin with, then gorillas, vaal knights and what not. It might change in act3 but in act1 and 2, there's a lot of mobs resistant and generally in the hardest places(dungeons).

I think instead maybe Ignite should for example apply an accuracy debuff. Cause like it's hard to aim if you're burning, even if you're undead(magic!). This would make fire slightly more defensive while not making it quite as good as ice in that regard. Another idea would be to make it so if you proc ignite on a mob already ignited, it "consumes" the ignite and apply all the dmg in one burst instead(maybe with a bonus I don't know). Would make Ignite very strong at aoe with proliferation and give fire kind of a better identity. Atm it's adding more damage, but shock does that and does it better(faster results).
Flammability has 2 m's in it! See thread title.
Last edited by meatmeatmeatmeat on Jan 2, 2013, 3:07:08 AM
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
Thanks to burn passives, a burn proc effectively means +150-200% more damage from that cast.
Unfortunately this is not the case. Fire resistance is applied to burn damage twice. Once to the base damage used to determine the base burn damage, and again to the burn damage itself. This means that the damage from burning is highly dependent on the fire resistance of the target.

However, this also means that burning scales exponentially with resistance reduction, even after the target has negative fire resistance. In other words, burning is really really good against low fire resistance enemies, and really really horrible against high resistance ones.
Of course, this skill is entirely about reducing enemy resistances... So that's pretty great.
Popping in again to give my feelings that flammability is sorely underpowered compared to its cold/lightning counterparts. An additional chance to shock or freeze is wildly more useful than additional chance to ignite because of the nature of ignite. Ignite cant stack, and always lasts for 4 seconds. Every time you crit, ignites inflicted on non crits are completely useless for the next 4 seconds. 5.2 seconds for a build with the burn duration passive.

Cant the extra effect for this curse increase burn damage or something like that?
IGN: Iolar
"
BRavich wrote:
Popping in again to give my feelings that flammability is sorely underpowered compared to its cold/lightning counterparts. An additional chance to shock or freeze is wildly more useful than additional chance to ignite because of the nature of ignite. Ignite cant stack, and always lasts for 4 seconds. Every time you crit, ignites inflicted on non crits are completely useless for the next 4 seconds. 5.2 seconds for a build with the burn duration passive.

Cant the extra effect for this curse increase burn damage or something like that?

While I see what you're saying, it doesn't make crits useless. Burning will use the highest value, so if you crit, it'll overwrite your current weaker burning with the new stronger one(assuming your crit did more dmg than your last hit, depends on the source and such). The point of the curse though is to help non crit builds too. If you have 5% crit, crits aren't going to happen often. Even in a crit build, you won't have that much until fairly late and you're still probably not going to have more than 25%, probably less. That means a still fairly large amount of your spells will be non crits, but having a chance to proc burning guarantees they'll do more damage overall. 2 procs back to back or a crit will kinda "waste" damage, but the burn damage is also extremely strong if you get it semi permanently(say with chance to ignite too).

I think overall the curse's fine, mostly the issue lies with burning/ignite which has been discussed a few times, the damage increase is good on paper but in practice it's often wasted, not useful or not impactful enough compared to the other 2 mechanics. Making burning more attractive would "fix" your problem most likely.
Has anyone else found this skill uses more mana than it states?

When i cast this curse it "double dips" my mana pool making it refill slower

I tested compared to raise zombie and even when raise zombie costs more mana it fills slower when i cast flammability

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info