Flammability

"
PyrosEien wrote:
While I see what you're saying, it doesn't make crits useless. Burning will use the highest value, so if you crit, it'll overwrite your current weaker burning with the new stronger one(assuming your crit did more dmg than your last hit, depends on the source and such). The point of the curse though is to help non crit builds too. If you have 5% crit, crits aren't going to happen often. Even in a crit build, you won't have that much until fairly late and you're still probably not going to have more than 25%, probably less. That means a still fairly large amount of your spells will be non crits, but having a chance to proc burning guarantees they'll do more damage overall. 2 procs back to back or a crit will kinda "waste" damage, but the burn damage is also extremely strong if you get it semi permanently(say with chance to ignite too).

I think overall the curse's fine, mostly the issue lies with burning/ignite which has been discussed a few times, the damage increase is good on paper but in practice it's often wasted, not useful or not impactful enough compared to the other 2 mechanics. Making burning more attractive would "fix" your problem most likely.

I wasnt trying to say that it makes crits useless, I was trying to say that the additional chance to ignite is very underwhelming for any build that does crit. I dont see why the curse should be designed to help non-crit builds anymore than frostbite or conductivity, and right now it almost seems geared exclusively towards resolute technique builds.
IGN: Iolar
Last edited by BRavich on Feb 6, 2013, 12:55:39 AM
How does this curse work together with Fire Penetration on a skill gem? Does it make sense to use both?
Flammability and Elemental Weakness reduce the enemy's total Resistance.
Resists are then checked against the 75% Cap.
Once that check is done, Penetration further reduces the enemy's Resistance.

Resistances can go negative.

Using both Flamm and FPen works quite well indeed :)
adding support gems but doesnt seem to be effecting the curse? tried fire pen and chance to ignite with no change in mana usage?
"
garnmcgaughn wrote:
adding support gems but doesnt seem to be effecting the curse? tried fire pen and chance to ignite with no change in mana usage?
the curse is not hitting, those two supports go on spells or skills that hit foes.
ahh guess that makes sense.. boo
The hovering spell icon is hard to see on mobs if you have more then 1 curse stacked on them. It's fine when it is the only curse on though but is a pain when dealing with huge packs. The best way to describe it is that it is too thin.
When mobs are on fire i can't SEE the Flammability curse and it's extremely annoying and counter productive.

I use Ele Proliferation and Ignite on my Fire Ball so everything is always on fire, i keep having to cast Flammability over and over on mobs because i can't tell if the curse is on or not.

I use 2 curse and i can see the other curse just fine.

Use 2 curse on my spark witch too and could see both curse just fine, this is a problem with Flammability because the light orange line of the curse blend too well with the burning effect.
<redacted>
Personal Item Filter(s):
https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/Rxpet8
Last edited by Censurri on Apr 13, 2021, 10:12:09 AM
I have a question about this gem interaction with a unique item: my Marauder is wearing "the three dragons" mask, if I use flammability do I have that % chanche to ignite with my fire dmg or not? I would guess the unique has priority over the curse (did a little experimentation, no ignited enemies that I could see), but I'd like to be sure.

Thanks
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info