Arc

My 5L levelling Torso is a Foxshade, unfortunatly.
I managed to roll GGRBB, don't really want to spend more chroms to try for 3 blue...

Arc + lightning penetration + life leech + mana leech + ???green???

I have culling strike in it atm, as I don't know what else would help...
Suggestions?
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Apr 16, 2014, 9:34:45 AM
I feel like Arc was buffed a bit too much. The dps potential and clear speed of arc is now outdoing pretty much any other lightning spell builds.

#Hatemagnet
Last edited by NoobFor3ver on Apr 16, 2014, 5:05:47 PM
That is more to do with the state of lightning spells than Arc.
"
I feel like Arc was buffed a bit too much. The dps potential and clear speed of arc is now outdoing pretty much any other lightning spell builds.

#Hatemagnet

Never tried nor seen the CoC Storm Call build, but I would still think it's pretty viable, even though this one skill got viable too. And you have to agree that Arc wasn't viable before the patch, so a Lightning skill finally possing some resistance to that is welcomed.

What's more (in agreement with Aimeryan): Lightning skills are pretty much worthless; the only one that was usable before SC was the Sporker build, and with the adittion of SC, they became 2. And now they are 3, thanks to the buff... but that's pretty much it with them. Even more to it: you also have to take on account that the nerf on totems almost decimated (if not succeeded) the Sporkers, thing that would put the count back on 2 viable skills/builds.
Last edited by SigmaBlack on Apr 16, 2014, 9:59:27 PM
"

"
Aimeryan wrote:
That is more to do with the state of lightning spells than Arc.

Yeah, lightning Spells just suck. Just because Arc is now viable, and the rest aren't, doesn't make Arc op, but finally viable.

I just hope GGG doesn't nerf it from all the cry of Arc+Empower or Mjolner being op, when it really isn't.. Even with 21/20+4Emp, the dps isn't all that high, especially when compared to something like Buzzsaw or FlubbyThrow.

Y'all gotta remember that Arc only has a finite amount of hits per cast.. ST can hit all 30 mobs in a huge pack, and hit them each 2-3 times. Arc will only hit 6-7 times, that's it.

Nothing makes you feel more inadequate than when you go up against a giant pack as an Arc'r... Where most AoE builds feel so powerful, you feel useless. Especially in parties, I get a complex, thinking my party will think my dps is weak and boot me, because I can't do much vs a huge pack... >_<
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
CantripN wrote:
Well, as some builds have realized, nothing really beats Arc (21)/Lightning Penetration/Faster Casting/Empower(4) in a 4L item with +1 gems.

Except a 6L Chest with +1 Gems, and then you add Life Leech and eventually Echo? :D

I'd rather have traps or (even better) mines for the 10% additional passive lightning penetration, absurd damage boost, and immunity to reflect/lightning thorns. Can sub it in for faster casting, usually.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
Last edited by TheTenthDoc on Apr 21, 2014, 12:03:04 PM
anyone else notice that arc doesn't chain from shattering enemies?

If an enemy is frozen or a summoned skeleton and you kill it with arc, there's no chain.
"
Idioticus wrote:
anyone else notice that arc doesn't chain from shattering enemies?

If an enemy is frozen or a summoned skeleton and you kill it with arc, there's no chain.

I never noticed that, and I'm a perma-freezer and I play with people who cast Arc. Could be they cast too fast for me to notice.

Anyway, that would be annoying if it's true.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
"
I never noticed that, and I'm a perma-freezer and I play with people who cast Arc. Could be they cast too fast for me to notice.

Anyway, that would be annoying if it's true.

I've noticed that arc will not chain off of destroyed "summoned skeletons" ie bringer of bones. It is really annoying while facing any invader that does this... I have not noticed this happening to frozen mobs but I'll start watching out for that. It would seem that arc just won't chain off monsters that get "destroyed".
Well with the buff I was finally able to defeat merciless Dominus with an arc caster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info