Arc

"
Aimeryan wrote:

I didn't go too deep into analysing it (far to many variables when you include supports for things you are not familiar with), and I haven't used Storm Call. The concentrated effect I could easily see giving it the edge over Arc.

I feel for single target, shotgun Spark would probably do the job just fine. Storm Call would require the target to not move around (as you mentioned), which may or may not be so. Personally, to avoid the faff, I would go Spark if I was to stay lightning-based; probably using Wand Barrage|GMP|CoCS|Spark (4 link, add extras if choosing to make it your 6 link). Still, if the target stays still maybe Storm Call + those supports you linked would be better.

Interestingly, if you're going for spark for single target, LMP is better than GMP.

Both LMP and GMP give the same damage coefficient for spark: 5/3 * 0.7 = 1.1(6) for LMP and 7/3 * 0.5 = 1.1(6) for GMP, but it's easyer to hit with all the sparks with LMP than with GMP.
"
LogoOnPoE wrote:
"
Aimeryan wrote:

I didn't go too deep into analysing it (far to many variables when you include supports for things you are not familiar with), and I haven't used Storm Call. The concentrated effect I could easily see giving it the edge over Arc.

I feel for single target, shotgun Spark would probably do the job just fine. Storm Call would require the target to not move around (as you mentioned), which may or may not be so. Personally, to avoid the faff, I would go Spark if I was to stay lightning-based; probably using Wand Barrage|GMP|CoCS|Spark (4 link, add extras if choosing to make it your 6 link). Still, if the target stays still maybe Storm Call + those supports you linked would be better.

Interestingly, if you're going for spark for single target, LMP is better than GMP.

Both LMP and GMP give the same damage coefficient for spark: 5/3 * 0.7 = 1.1(6) for LMP and 7/3 * 0.5 = 1.1(6) for GMP, but it's easyer to hit with all the sparks with LMP than with GMP.

Argh! I forgot about the extra projectiles Spark already has (you can tell I haven't touched the lightning spells in a long time!). LMP/GMP aren't amazing supports for Spark in that case, but Barrage|GMP|CoCS is still amazing. GMP beats LMP for CoCS proccing, but you are right that it is more difficult to hit with the Sparks themselves with GMP - best to be right-up-close for shotgunning then.

Interestingly, Wand Barrage|GMP|CoCS|Arc|Empower|Something would work very well for both aoe and single-target I feel, while being able to keep some distance.
Last edited by Aimeryan on Apr 9, 2014, 7:34:52 AM
"
People keep asking me how I feel about the Arc changes, since a lot of them know I was crusading for them.

Truth is, I'm bored.

The fight's over. Arc works now. Yay.

Moving on to the next challenge. I think the Shadow starting area...

Was fun guys. :)

A pleasure to have shared this challenge with you Charan, at least on my behalf :)

Now... to keep testing! *flies away like Superman*
Last edited by SigmaBlack on Apr 9, 2014, 6:17:46 PM
Well, as some builds have realized, nothing really beats Arc (21)/Lightning Penetration/Faster Casting/Empower(4) in a 4L item with +1 gems.

Except a 6L Chest with +1 Gems, and then you add Life Leech and eventually Echo? :D
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Or a 6L staff with +1 to all and +2 to Lightning Gems :P

Depending on your build Elemental Proliferation or Critical Damage are also nice alternatives ;)
Yeah, I'm surprised that more people aren't talking about Arc+Elemental Proliferation because the combo is amazing. With a 19% gem I'm pretty much insta-shocking everything, which ramps up the damage considerably because things are shocked before they get the first hit.
"
CantripN wrote:
Well, as some builds have realized, nothing really beats Arc (21)/Lightning Penetration/Faster Casting/Empower(4) in a 4L item with +1 gems.

Except a 6L Chest with +1 Gems, and then you add Life Leech and eventually Echo? :D

False. I came up with 4l better combo. Deerstalker with Arc+MT+LP+EMP and you have 21 unit hit reflect free spell thats independent on cast speed and gear. Beat this!
Last edited by kavinux on Apr 13, 2014, 10:27:52 AM
Now all I want is that they finally make Arc a "projectile" so I can go Arc+GMP "Palpatine style".
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
arc buffed, coming back for the game :)
"
kavinux wrote:
Deerstalker with Arc+MT+LP+EMP
"EMP"=?
upd. Got it, empower )
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on Apr 15, 2014, 5:22:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info