Arc

Playing lightning witch at the moment. And I think Arc's mana cost is way too high for the ammounts of damage it deals.
Either it needs to be cheaper, or deal more damage.
Also I'm a bit dissapointed that Arc's crit chance that low. :(
And finally, I have some weird visual bug: http://i.imgur.com/aKDlu.png
Last edited by Kligan on Nov 6, 2012, 3:38:41 AM
If you link mana leech to Arc, you can cast it forever as long as there's 2+ mobs on the screen.

Here is my current setup:
Arc+Mana Leech+Lightning Penetration+Faster Casting
I can cast it non-stop without mana potions and without Clarity. I should mention that I did grab the Soul Siphon passives (+mana on kill), so I get 25 mana for each monster I kill.

I also use double totem:
Spell Totem+Spark+Fork+Lesser Multiple Projectiles.

Lead with the totems, cast Conductivity, and by the time you start Arcing everything, they all have 3 shocks on them, and will die very fast.

This lightning build is very strong folks. Give it a shot if you can. I've been using it in lvl 61-64 maps with great success. I'm sure there's many other lightning builds that perform really well too, so play around. Bottom line, Arc has a LOT of potential if you plan your passives around it and use the proper skill setup with it.
Are you a Witch or a Templar (or one of the other classes?)
Does it matter which for that?
Last edited by Aklyon on Nov 7, 2012, 10:45:10 AM
I'm a witch, but I actually touched the shadow starting point too. To start as Templar is better suited for other builds, like aoe based builds, which you can still keep lightening if you use shock nova, but I've never been able to make it work because of the annoying "dead zone".
"
Pictionary wrote:
I'm a witch, but I actually touched the shadow starting point too. To start as Templar is better suited for other builds, like aoe based builds, which you can still keep lightening if you use shock nova, but I've never been able to make it work because of the annoying "dead zone".

Don't forget lightning warp ;) I think dual warp totems could be very, very lolsy.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
I was building a Witch in that vein, but the crashes put me off entirely. :(
It was very fun to play when I didn't have to fight archers though.
I just got an idea.
How about make an arc bouncing off the caster? I mean, when there is nothing else to hit on the screen beside the target, then arc could bounce off the caster back to the target (hit the target - bounce - hit the target).
In that case arc could be used like decent single-target skill.
+1, that would be mighty awesome! Eat your own lightning damage to inflict even more to a boss or rare.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
I'm building a double arc totem witch. Seems to work ok. Looks cool as hell having two totems and myself all casting arc at the same time. Still have spark to kill rare mobs. Level 53 so far with absolute crap for gear. Specced for lightning and crit. Finishing with cast speed. I'll post it on the build of the week thread when I finish.
"
sharkh20 wrote:
I'm building a double arc totem witch. Seems to work ok. Looks cool as hell having two totems and myself all casting arc at the same time. Still have spark to kill rare mobs. Level 53 so far with absolute crap for gear. Specced for lightning and crit. Finishing with cast speed. I'll post it on the build of the week thread when I finish.

hey I think I played with you the other night, killing vaaloversoul. I was the templar with dual flame totems and arc / spark.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info