Arc

I wouldnt prioritize targets by magic/rare/boss etc but rather like to see Arc hitting monsters closer to you first. Keep the bouncing of destructibles it is realy helpfull.
How exactly does Fork, Chain and LMP/GMP supports interact with Arc? Could you be running all three on this skill at once for shenanigans?
Fork, LMP and GMP do not work with Arc as it is not a projectile based spell. However it can work with Chain since they both share the tag "chaining".
"
Lionguild wrote:
...Arc as it is not a projectile based spell...

Yes, I discovered this for myself today. Its rather depressing and makes this skill feel underwhelming. I'll continue to experiment with it and see if I can find a way of using it better.
As a suggestion/question, what would you think about arc giving a bonus to damage based on chains?
As in, every monster takes 10% moreincreased damage compared to the one before?
Then adding a chain support would actually have an interesting synergy.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
I don't think we'll see too many people supporting Arc with Chain.

It lowers its already questionable damage, raises its arguably high mana cost, and sacrifices a socket for a functionality most people feel the skill should include on its own... in the long run, at least.
Arc goes pretty well with totem. Its great for spreading shock status but I wouldn't use it as a primary damage source
Ya I could see an Arc + totem + chain with the 2 passives in top left to have a base 30% chance to shock. Pretty much the totems job is to cause mass shock effect.
after the 1month race i might respec into lightning witch because arc + chain = lol! i like it
they who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety
Just getting into merciless with a brand new lightning witch. I was swapping between Arc and my usual spark config till i got dual totems going. At which point arc just becomes OP. I'd say it's on par with Ice spear totems.

As a normal spell it works fairly well, but as many others have said the mana cost is way too high. This obviously doesn't matter when it's on totems, but as a solo nuke it really just can't compete with spark. Single target the mana suck becomes very apparent as I was constantly oom about 1/2 way through a rare's HP with arc. The other side would be to up the dmg, and that would be a bad idea given how OP it is with higher lvl supports / more sockets available.

I have noticed a few graphics glitches with arc disappearing when shooting through trees. It's pretty hard to consistently get it to do, basically the mob takes the hit and dies, but the totem and the shot animation don't appear.

My only other gripe would be the targeting of arc when dealing with necro's / invul mobs. I haven't had any real problems with the jar bouncing others have mentioned, but the constant chaining of invul mobs while skipping the rare that is vulnerable is pretty annoying.

Initially I was rather disappointed in arc's performance, but used in conjunction with spark, or by adding it to totems, it really is a glorious spell, and it rounds out the lightning witch's tools nicely. The graphics and sounds are great as well, lowering the mana cost is about the only balancing I'd say it needs.

For clarification, im using Arc with totem, faster cast, and lowers light res.
Last edited by Rahabs on Nov 5, 2012, 7:26:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info