Arc

"
Waves_blade wrote:
Arc CANNOT be paired with Fork (I was hoping it could be, just saying this for people to recognize).

Cannot be paired with LMP/GMP *edited in since someone asked*

Man.... why did they have to kill my dreams like that.

"
Qarl wrote:
If you support Arc with Chain you will get additional chains.
I figured that but supporting skills with additive effects they already have is a bad idea. It's like using Multiple Projectiles with spark. You get little to no benefit out of it.
Last edited by Strill on Nov 1, 2012, 3:43:37 PM

"
Qarl wrote:
"
I figured that but supporting skills with additive effects they already have is a bad idea. It's like using Multiple Projectiles with spark. You get little to no benefit out of it.

Actually its not a bad idea because Arc can bounce back on the same target so if you have only 2 monsters against you , you're still using all of the jumps not loosing any dps.
Last edited by Grzybas on Nov 1, 2012, 4:05:48 PM
arc can pierce which is really funny
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
"
Grzybas wrote:

"
Qarl wrote:
"

Actually its not a bad idea because Arc can bounce back on the same target so if you have only 2 monsters against you , you're still using all of the jumps not loosing any dps.
You get a FLAT bonus (extra jumps) while taking a SCALING penalty (less damage). It's therefore best when used with skills that don't chain to begin with.

For example, in your scenario, the chain gem with Arc would get you an absolute maximum of 20% more damage, but double the mana cost.

However, if you were to use Fireball and chain, you would get a maximum of 140% more damage, or possibly even more due to fireball's AoE.
"
Strill wrote:
"
Grzybas wrote:

"
Qarl wrote:
"

You get a FLAT bonus (extra jumps) while taking a SCALING penalty (less damage). It's therefore best when used with skills that don't chain to begin with.

For example, in your scenario, the chain gem with Arc would get you an absolute maximum of 20% more damage, but double the mana cost.

However, if you were to use Fireball and chain, you would get a maximum of 140% more damage, or possibly even more due to fireball's AoE.

The point is , jumps can trigger extra things like Shock /Flee if you use chance to flee etc.
I personaly plan to use 1 arc with chain/chance to flee/Lightning penetration/Elemental Proliferation for aoe shocking and killing groups and another Arc with lightning penetration/added lightning dmg/added chaos dmg for situations when there is 1 last monster left or for bosses.
Question: What happens when arc pierces?
And why can it, if it's not a projectile?
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Arc can't pierce.
Arc does not move, so it can't move through things. It's an instant damage effect targeting one particular monster in the area, which then repeats targeting another until it's chain count is used up.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Nov 1, 2012, 8:16:13 PM
"
"
Qarl wrote:

"

Actually its not a bad idea because Arc can bounce back on the same target so if you have only 2 monsters against you , you're still using all of the jumps not loosing any dps

Its actually a terrible idea because arc is bad enough on its own, without having to waste an extra gem slot on a chain gem for a bonus it should already get. I have it on a 5 link at lvl 11 and it kills groups of packed enemies probably around 5 times slower than lightning arrow does at level one. Seriously. 1400 DPS with mana leach and around 1550 with crit gem. If i built around lightning arrow I could easily have 5000 dps with pierce, and mediocre gear.

I really don't see how this passes alpha as being balanced. It is literally laughable compared to Freezing pulse oor lightning arrow on a 5 link. It's just like Arctic Breath was "oh cool a new skill" oh wait it's not anywhere near as good as FP.. collects dust in stash.

Edit: yes im upset because I rebuilt my wand witch around lightning to use this skill and it wasnt what I expected. Hence beta testing I guess right. Well ^^ those are the results^^ Badly designed IMO
Beyeser - 77 Marauder
FuzzyClam - 80 Witch
FishyTaco - 74 Witch
Last edited by Badmotorfinger on Nov 1, 2012, 8:38:40 PM
yeah may bad sadly u guys are right it looked like it would pierce
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Ok probably gunna get shot down here but

I think Arc in the beginning is a little overpowered, but, it may be because I'm using a shadow build with lightning spell (Talenthidden)

Also as stated the mana cost is huge, struggle to cast it many times

And wasted tons of MANA bouncing off pots/things inside small spaces when I NEED it to hit the monsters

The auto targeting is the absolute best! and to have it kinda snake around corners and off screen to nasty things is great.

But again the MANA cost slows my play a lot...and I'm slow player anyway!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info