Arc

I think the 50% damage effectiveness should be removed. Hitting only 3 targets is hardly aoe compared to other uncapped aoe spells.

I don't think I've seen a single post where anyone liked the current status of arc, maybe it's time for some change.
I like arc in its current form. It does not need to be buffed. Removing the 50% damage effectiveness would make it more OP than it already is.

Is is the fastest spell in the game accounting for the fact that it does not have travel time AND it autotargets/never misses target.
IGNs-
Gyeff // Greff // Gyaff
HAHA! Calling the ARC spell to OP is realy funny! :) FP is OP, LA is OP, and EK is OP! Every second character use one of those skills! Every other spell compered those three is a joke! And arc is no exception! It has 50% dmg reduction like if it was a aoe spellm but it makes rather uneffective against single targets! If you put some support gem near to it the mana cost become horrible! And if you really want this spell your main attack skill, you need Lightning Penetration and Increased critical dmg(and crit strike) support gems for sure! Then you should pick up at least 120% mana regen nodes if you don't want exhaust your mana in 6 shot(and have 60% regen at least in your gear)!
Well I don't say arc is useless, but you must sacrafice so much point to keep this spell alive in higher levels while you have only avarage dps. The only reason why I use this spell atm is the autotarget/instanthit properties which is pretty nice! But if you go with a party where everybody has over 3000 dps and kill a hole screen in a blink of an eye... well arc is just a knife in a gunfight!
Autotarget with large range and 3 hits cannot outweight other combos where you get:

+ far more dps
+ more aoe dmg so you dont have problems with large groups of little shits
+ slow/freeze
+ more single target dmg (shotgun effect)
+ more consistent dmg (not 1-900)

▄█▀█▀█
i think maybe just a little buff like 6-7% base crit chance instead of very very very low 4% would help alot.

Why does Spark have 6% with 0,65Casttime and Arc has 4% with 0,8sec?

and to compensate the more shocks, we would have with more crit chance, reduce the quality effect from 1% shock chance per lvl to 0,75% shock chance.
IGN: kReiZy
Last edited by sYkoDe4d on Feb 27, 2013, 11:06:59 AM
1. reduce mana cost.
2. make chain's damage reduction not apply to arc.
3. make concentrated effect make it a single lightning projectile that does not chain.
"
slyme wrote:
1. reduce mana cost.
2. make chain's damage reduction not apply to arc.
3. make concentrated effect make it a single lightning projectile that does not chain.

All suggestions would buff Arc for the better.
IGN: Snizzlenose
(or Leithir, Krathia)
These under 100% damage effectiveness skills are really annoying, and basically makes those respective skills useless.
"
cownotme wrote:
These under 100% damage effectiveness skills are really annoying, and basically makes those respective skills useless.

Yeah, Ground Slam is so usele-- wait that's the best Melee skill.
People who complain about Arc being weak don't know what they are talking about it. It is a L2P issue. The skill is VERY good. Much better than EK and FP if you know how to scale it. I won't spoonfeed the answers, but know that this skill is very good as is and does not need to be buffed.
IGNs-
Gyeff // Greff // Gyaff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info