Arc

Shooting through walls and zero travel time are the best things about using Arc.
"
_Madus wrote:
^ basicaly this minus chain with FP part.
If only was ARC normalized like other spells so it would get same amount of chains like projectil spells then it will be viable spell for aoe too. But now its just gimmic spell.

When you multiply lightning arrow with LMP all 3 shots hits near 3 enemies. When you Chain LA all your chains hits near 3 enemies. I just dont understand why ARC dont work in same way?
It doesnt need rocet scientis brain to see how fast is other spells and supports clean whole screen...
In last game were 2 wanders and 2 LA rangers i basicaly stoped casting, that ARC damage is not worth of clicking.

LA is an AOE; when you have multiple hits on multiple targets (the same target cannot be hit more then once with Attacks), each hit hits all the targets because of the aoe. So 3 LA bolts, hitting 3 targets, is effectively 9 LA shots. As long as all of em are in range.

Arc just hits 3 targets, and can never hit more then that without chain. This is easily it's biggest issue; LMP multiplies the damage of a spell to 210% of normal if all 3 projectiles hit. Arc doesn't have that option, so even if it's base damage is up to par, it's scaling with supports is not.
ARC buff which would also make chain + arc usefull again

After arc hits the first target it fires of 2 chains each hitting one target difrent then the main target. If you add chain to it the two arc "projectiles" would each chain 2 additional times which would result in a total of 7 hits

Another way would be with a new support gem that would "mirror" projectile skills and arc and some melee too probably. Essentialy it would mirror everything you shoot forwards also shoots now from your backside. Would not be OP with most skills (probably) but would also be pretty stupid to add such a support gem since it would only be usefull for 1 skill gem, since arc is auto target and it would not matter that it shoots out of your back.
Last edited by vajura on Feb 17, 2013, 7:37:55 AM
Arc should get a extra chain on lvl 9 and 18, rest should be the same :)

Maybe Arc could get the passive Ability to do double Damage if it can´t chain on the target it hits.
IGN: kReiZy
"
sYkoDe4d wrote:
Arc should get a extra chain on lvl 9 and 18, rest should be the same :)

Maybe Arc could get the passive Ability to do double Damage if it can´t chain on the target it hits.

perhaps something like +30% bonus damage for each unused chain. if hit two targets, then the first target would take 100% damage, but the second target would take 130% damage. Single targeting it would give 160% damage. however, if you linked the skill with chain, those 2 additional chains would increase the single target damage a lot. 100% + 4x30% = 220% damage.

I think it would be a cool mechanic.
I played CB before this ability was introduced and I always thought spells were supposed to be slower moving or somehow dodgeable (or require close range) to make up for the fact that evasion/accuracy does not apply to them.

The only other spell I can think of that instantly hits an enemy anywhere on the screen is cold snap and that has a cooldown
"
SirOtis wrote:
I played CB before this ability was introduced and I always thought spells were supposed to be slower moving or somehow dodgeable (or require close range) to make up for the fact that evasion/accuracy does not apply to them.

The only other spell I can think of that instantly hits an enemy anywhere on the screen is cold snap and that has a cooldown

Well, a bolt of lightning travels fast, so it makes sense.
Why not change it to how chain lightning skills works in many other games. More chains but with each chain the damage gets lower.

Lets say 100 is the Damage right now of Arc so it does with 2 Chains: 100 - 100 - 100 = 300Damage

Lets say Arc now Chains 1 times lvl 1, 2 Times lvl 9 and 3 Times lvl 18. The Damage of the First hit is 150 and each chain reduce the damage by 25% (based on the Start Damage), than it would be

150 - 112,5 - 75 - 37,5 = 375 Damage

So it would be better if you only fight against one monster and still a good aoe skill, it would do 50% more damage than before against Single Target and 25% more damage overall against group of enemies.
IGN: kReiZy
You guys realize the spell has to have some kind of downside to have any semblance of balance right? It auto targets, has infinite range, built in shock chance, and is available fairly early. My only complaint with it is that it doesn't have any kind of damage priority and will chain to jars/baskets/etc while there are enemies alive shooting at you.
^ I wonder if you realized that spell is barly used. I found 2 people using it on my way to 74 HC templar if i dont count self.
Talking about downsides for basicaly useless spell while everyone and his mother playing LA-LMP-CHain and cleaning everything in ARC_clean_time/5 time is lil a bit offtopic.
Maybe you should try to play game with it and compare it to all those LA/PS/IS users, while they have 800dps on LMPed CHained LA/IS/PS.

▄█▀█▀█

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info