PvP Theorycraft: Most Popular / Strongest build?

"
Funcrusher wrote:
these flask look like diamond flasks.. thats all he need.

You really think so? They work only for a very short time and what about HP/Mana?
"
Danos wrote:
"
EpsiIon wrote:

As it stands, all pvp builds, specifically meant for pvp, will be phys crit based. In open level pvp, at least, There's no denying the effectiveness of phys crit, effectively ignoring armor.

I'ld say possibly, the best build is a phys crit witch, running bow/dagger shield using puncture and bear trap and utilizing many different curses. With CI of course.

I have a lvl 77 ranger almost exactly like that, and it isn't OP at all. All chaos inoculation builds are countered by temporal chains and cold damage. Physical crit builds are countered by either having a ton of ES, a high block chance, or a ton of evasion. Enfeeble also helps a lot. I don't think there is any ultimate OP build, everything has a counter.

Even with temp chains, you are uncatchable with whirling blades, even while chilled AND temp chained, you are incredibly elusive with whirling.

All builds are countered by a "ton of ES, high block chance and/or a ton of evasion". Its child's play to get RT or high enough acc to slice through equivalent or more eva as a melee. Viper strike also nullifies block chance.

IF there is an OP build, it will be phys-crit based, ES/CI, Possibly mix in some evasion, throw in some dual curses.

Barring of course, in some instances (Possibly this one?) user error, of course. The build simply has everything going for it. High mobility, Acc (RT?), reset-ability/regen, possibly evasion?, on crit phys is irresistable, can leverage viper-strike.
Why would the huge problems bows have at lvl 28 be so much better at high lvls that it would be even close to a 'best' build though?

In theory though, crit puncturing someone and running around like an asshole should work if you have enough ES not to get bursted and enough initial damage that you don't need to stop running to shoot them again (or at least not too often. With bows you really don't get many chances to hit someone, especially if they're trying not to get hit).

With Temp chains and passives and increased duration you're looking at something like a 15 second puncture, and high lvl is like what, 80% while running, so that's 1200% dmg, then even with a modest 600% crit multi thats a 7200% dmg multiplier on puncture's physical damage if they run through the duration.

High life/armor enemy with lots of regen might be able to run it out though, and then you've wasted a diamond flask (and of course unlucky blocks/misses/enemy just running in circles can waste your diamond flask)

Honestly just building it as a shield/dagger with a slow high damage dagger might work better. Swapping between weapon sets is not really as smooth as I would like. And with a dagger you have the high base crit and with modest crit node investment you don't have to rely so heavily on diamond.
Last edited by aimlessgun on Nov 20, 2012, 3:55:42 PM
"
aimlessgun wrote:
Why would the huge problems bows have at lvl 28 be so much better at high lvls that it would be even close to a 'best' build though?

In theory though, crit puncturing someone and running around like an asshole should work if you have enough ES not to get bursted and enough initial damage that you don't need to stop running to shoot them again (or at least not too often. With bows you really don't get many chances to hit someone, especially if they're trying not to get hit).

With Temp chains and passives and increased duration you're looking at something like a 15 second puncture, and high lvl is like what, 80% while running, so that's 1200% dmg, then even with a modest 600% crit multi thats a 7200% dmg multiplier on puncture's physical damage if they run through the duration.

High life/armor enemy with lots of regen might be able to run it out though, and then you've wasted a diamond flask (and of course unlucky blocks/misses/enemy just running in circles can waste your diamond flask)

Honestly just building it as a shield/dagger with a slow high damage dagger might work better. Swapping between weapon sets is not really as smooth as I would like. And with a dagger you have the high base crit and with modest crit node investment you don't have to rely so heavily on diamond.

Its not a bow thing particularly. Anything involving high phys damage, usually through crit, is utterly and ruthlessly lethal. Puncture was simply the thing I thought of.

There's a ranger runnin round in open pvp, called For. While he rarely uses his bow to any large effect against me or other top-geared people, his bear trap 1 shots basically anyone in the game if it crits. The bow simply adds some utility, as he keeps a dagger/shield on his off-hand switch, and whirls around throwing bear traps and 1 shotting people.

I'm new to the game. The poster mentioned that everyone knew what the"most popular PvE build" was. Someone mind filling me in?

Love PvP though, hope it's a blast in late game PoE.
"
_yazsh wrote:

I'm new to the game. The poster mentioned that everyone knew what the"most popular PvE build" was. Someone mind filling me in?

Love PvP though, hope it's a blast in late game PoE.

Oh it will be, when the GGGGGGGGGGGG get back to fixing it. They pulled a multiple-week allnighter to get act 3 pushed out asap, and are now chasing kiwis, or whatever it is they do when they are not being GGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

As to PvE, roll a groundslam marauder, if your new, otherwise try a CI FP witch.
As in many RPG games i find uber tanky builds or range DPS builds the most viable in this game. How ever they could improve other builds by adding more movement/CC spells and by lowering the game between Pure DPS build and normal builds.

Also gear is VERY important in PVP... You will get owned if you don't have very good/best gear.
"
Exudering wrote:
As in many RPG games i find uber tanky builds or range DPS builds the most viable in this game. How ever they could improve other builds by adding more movement/CC spells and by lowering the game between Pure DPS build and normal builds.

Also gear is VERY important in PVP... You will get owned if you don't have very good/best gear.

Its much different at the moment, I pvped on my ele bower, with likely the single best set of gear for an ele bower of my spec attainable at that time. I was getting 1 shot repeatedly.

Then I borrowed a kaoms, had around 8k hp, got 1 shot repeatedly.

By someone with not even a fifth of my gear, using physical damage.

Also: Range pretty much sucks at the moment.
lol, make a two hand marauder build stacking crit dmg multiplier with 2-3 bonus frenzy nodes

swap with a frenzy + faster attackets + gmp quil rain

1. blast quill rain
2. pop diamond flask
3. hold flicker key
4. ????
5. profit

i wouldn't worry too much about pvp, it is obv unbalanced and never will be- just a for fun thing.

there is no way to counter this since armor sucks on high dmg attacks which huge crits would be, the only thing is block? which you could make a 2h sword build and get 55% chance to ignore blocks.
ign = ultrahiangle
Last edited by ultrahiangle on Dec 16, 2012, 3:27:05 AM
"
ultrahiangle wrote:
lol, make a two hand marauder build stacking crit dmg multiplier with 2-3 bonus frenzy nodes

swap with a frenzy + faster attackets + gmp quil rain

1. blast quill rain
2. pop diamond flask
3. hold flicker key
4. ????
5. profit

i wouldn't worry too much about pvp, it is obv unbalanced and never will be- just a for fun thing.

there is no way to counter this since armor sucks on high dmg attacks which huge crits would be, the only thing is block? which you could make a 2h sword build and get 55% chance to ignore blocks.

Don't really need a quill rain, with proper building, a sword crit user can easily 1 shot any life user with flicker. Don't really need diamonds either, as the movement provided by a well slotted whirling, basically makes you untouchable. Only issue would be with ES users, and those can be dealt with in a variety of ways.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info