PvP Theorycraft: Most Popular / Strongest build?

Eye of Chayula defeats stun.

Frost bite + elemental weakness = 80 resists down to 0

Cold penetration= -40 cold resists.

Mara doesnt stand a chance.

With Mali gloves I do 9.5k dps with LMP, so if all 3 hit......
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Nov 6, 2012, 7:04:22 PM
"
anubite wrote:
I'd like to know specific data on this 14k dps witch and this Marauder which out regenned that damage.

First, PVP has damage scaling, which SIGNIFICANTLY reduces all damage done. My 999% crit mult Ranger has failed to OHKO a few players in 28 pvp as a result. I think all your damage is reduced by 78%~, so you don't really have 14k dps in the pvp arena, you probably have 3k dps.

Secondly, you didn't give us any stats. What's your crit mult? What curses are you using? How did the fight go down?

And without knowing the Marauder's stats, it's equally a pointless discussion.

I think the only way you're going to beat a Marauder who's got over 80% max cold resist, is to have well over 1000% critical multiplier at level 80. You also need dual curse.

And I don't think nerfing Marauders is the solution. I think the solution is offering players more ways to deal with Marauders other than stacking critical multiplier. I also think the damage reduction for PVP will turn out to be way too harsh for some builds, offense already isn't rewarded enough - everyone is going to build hyper defensive for PVP because offense just isn't rewarded enough by items/passive tree.

Agreed.
How about 3v3 pvp?
Which build works better as main dps/tank/support?
"
anubite wrote:
For reference, 2 auras active, which is max you can attempt to cast in PVP really, without more cast speed increases

Lol 999% crit multiplayer but low crit chance, does not work that well..
these flask look like diamond flasks.. thats all he need.
they who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety
Last edited by Funcrusher on Nov 19, 2012, 7:13:59 AM
I would imagine that any melee that uses Flicker Strike(s) is equally the best in PvP. They can easily kite much easier than any ranged character, and they can close the gap with Flicker Strike making your attempt to kite for half a second useless. If they have several FS gems, just forget about trying to escape, and try to eat all of the hits with your face for 1-2 seconds until you die. Temporal Chains wouldn't even affect them when they can just teleport right on you. Bear trap helps melee much more than ranged. I would've imagined that ranged characters be better kiters :( Considering the sizes of arenas, kiting does not seem that viable.

If the melee spams Leap Slam all over the map...
"
thauller wrote:
I would imagine that any melee that uses Flicker Strike(s) is equally the best in PvP. They can easily kite much easier than any ranged character, and they can close the gap with Flicker Strike making your attempt to kite for half a second useless. If they have several FS gems, just forget about trying to escape, and try to eat all of the hits with your face for 1-2 seconds until you die. Temporal Chains wouldn't even affect them when they can just teleport right on you. Bear trap helps melee much more than ranged. I would've imagined that ranged characters be better kiters :( Considering the sizes of arenas, kiting does not seem that viable.

If the melee spams Leap Slam all over the map...

As it stands, all pvp builds, specifically meant for pvp, will be phys crit based. In open level pvp, at least, There's no denying the effectiveness of phys crit, effectively ignoring armor.

I'ld say possibly, the best build is a phys crit witch, running bow/dagger shield using puncture and bear trap and utilizing many different curses. With CI of course.
WTB gg phys dagger and ES shield.

Also, quality puncture and flicker.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
WTB gg phys dagger and ES shield.

Also, quality puncture and flicker.

Dunno if its sad, but I was imagining you with a dagger and crit build
"
EpsiIon wrote:

As it stands, all pvp builds, specifically meant for pvp, will be phys crit based. In open level pvp, at least, There's no denying the effectiveness of phys crit, effectively ignoring armor.

I'ld say possibly, the best build is a phys crit witch, running bow/dagger shield using puncture and bear trap and utilizing many different curses. With CI of course.

I have a lvl 77 ranger almost exactly like that, and it isn't OP at all. All chaos inoculation builds are countered by temporal chains and cold damage. Physical crit builds are countered by either having a ton of ES, a high block chance, or a ton of evasion. Enfeeble also helps a lot. I don't think there is any ultimate OP build, everything has a counter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info