0.9.13 Patch Notes

It's a good fix for clarity, consistency and balance.

- Slower mauls with higher damage per hit no longer get "free" damage due to GS attacking faster than their weapon speed.

- Almost all weapon skills are based off weapon speed, with a few exceptions for "partial" weapon skills like Leap Slam. There's no explanation in game for these exceptions, so the fewer there are. The easier it'll be for players to understand.
Although I'm mildly interested in PvP play, it is only ancillary to me. I am one of those who fear degradation of the PvE experience in order to balance for PvP.

We've all seen it before (the constant PvP "balance tweaking" because of "overpowered" whining, that eventually drags down PvE) and I really hope GGG avoids those pitfalls.

Optimistic (because it's GGG), but cautiously so.
Devouring totem! You gotta love the name!
"Although I'm mildly interested in PvP play, it is only ancillary to me. I am one of those who fear degradation of the PvE experience in order to balance for PvP."

THIS.

I do like alot of the updates in this patch, (character passive buffs, placment of Iron reflexes and alot of other things)

there are alot of things i still dont understand about these updates and im hoping that PVP wont be an imbalanced piece of crap.

"In 1v1 matches, a round is declared a draw after 90 seconds.
In 3v3 matches, the time limit is 120 seconds, but draws are only awarded if the teams have equal numbers of players alive."

Question: Where did these numbers derive from? how much testing has been done to assure these are good numbers to start with? Seems a bit to short/unfair to defensive builds.. (maybe the time can be increased but an additional "shot clock" type timer where if no attack from both players is landed then it results in a draw.

"Teams are coloured Red and Blue and are given a coloured aura effect."

Question: how will enemies on the minimap/and in game appear? Will the enemies look "red" to both players screens? i dont like the fact of seening my enemy in blue.. red = danger, also don't you think that there will be so many player auras already that it might be hard to distinguish the color?? (hatred and anger already being blue/red)

"There are dead monster corpses in the arenas that can be raised as minions."

Question: How many Corpses will be available? will it be randomized on every arena? what will be the minimum/maximum amount of corpses to prevent constant Minion instability explosions..

"If you're dead in a 3v3 match, your view will spectate another team member."

Question: Will you be able to switch perspective between each of youre 2 other allies?

"Resolute Technique's "Always Hit" now only works for accuracy/evasion rolls. The Acrobatics keystone can avoid it.The Chance to Dodge passives between Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics are now 3%/3%/2%/2% rather than all being 1%"

Question: How will this work on characters with a sheild aswell as Acrobatics? Does the chance to dodge roll before the chance to block or only if the attack is not blocked?

"Rescaled Poison Arrow. It now starts off around 85% stronger at level 1 and is about 1% weaker at level 15."

How will this benefit anyone using poison arrow?....looks to be another nerf

Aside from all these questions, i do like all of the other updates.. the life/regn added to the duelist area was much needed..but sad to see that a Mana gain on hit suggestion was not cluster was not taken for the shadow or duelist.
Last edited by Rnew1990 on Oct 31, 2012, 6:04:21 PM
"
Abbulicious wrote:
And what about fixing the lack of sound for creative's cards users? :(

This post here will help you out: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/51323
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
This is a great patch.

I love the changes to the duelist nodes, making acro more enticing, and giving necromantic aegis more of a reason to exist.

I was thinking of putting together a necromantic aegis summoner until I read around the forum and saw how much better MI was. This will give me a reason to rethink that build.

Now I have another reason to upgrade to kiwi.

"
Tindraa wrote:
Although I'm mildly interested in PvP play, it is only ancillary to me. I am one of those who fear degradation of the PvE experience in order to balance for PvP.

We've all seen it before (the constant PvP "balance tweaking" because of "overpowered" whining, that eventually drags down PvE) and I really hope GGG avoids those pitfalls.

You and me both.(and probably many more)
Last edited by Berserkering on Oct 31, 2012, 5:51:19 PM
"
Berserkering wrote:
This is a great patch.

I love the changes to the duelist nodes, making acro more enticing, and giving necromantic aegis more of a reason to exist.

I was thinking of putting together a necromantic aegis summoner until I read around the forum and saw how much better MI was. This will give me a reason to rethink that build.

Now I have another reason to upgrade to kiwi.

"
Tindraa wrote:

You and me both.(and probably many more)

how do any of these updates effect necromantic aegis?? can u explain to me plz thanks
"
Rnew1990 wrote:

In 3v3 matches, the time limit is 120 seconds, but draws are only awarded if the teams have equal numbers of players alive."

Question: Where did these numbers derive from? how much testing has been done to assure these are good numbers to start with? Seems a bit to short/unfair to defensive builds.. (maybe the time can be increased but an additional "shot clock" type timer where if no attack from both players is landed then it results in a draw.

It's been tested on the alpha and has already been increased from the original times based on tester feedback. Hope this helps.

"
Jonathan wrote:
After some feedback on alpha we have decided to try raising the 1v1 time limit to 90 seconds, and the 3v3 time limit to 120 seconds.

As always, everything we do is subject to change based on feedback!
I'm highly curious as to why certain skills that are being balanced give numbers for what has changed, while others don't.

I'm mostly wondering what kind of change to expect for clarity as "Reduced the effect of higher levels of the Clarity aura." is pretty ambiguous. As an already extremely expensive aura (costing more in many cases than even 40% auras), I guess I'm failing to see the necessity in this adjustment. Then again, I can't yet gauge how to feel about it given that it may be very minor once all is said and done. Some .. uh .. clarity on the subject would be nice. :)
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
"
Rnew1990 wrote:

We did as much testing as we could on alpha - the point of releasing this to beta is to get more testing. The numbers have to start with something, and these are the current best values we've found from the testing we've done so far.

"
Rnew1990 wrote:
"Teams are coloured Red and Blue and are given a coloured aura effect."

Question: how will enemies on the minimap/and in game appear? Will the enemies look "red" to both players screens? i dont like the fact of seening my enemy in blue.. red = danger, also don't you think that there will be so many player auras already that it might be hard to distinguish the color?? (hatred and anger already being blue/red)
The team identifiers look significantly different from existing auras.

"
Rnew1990 wrote:
"Resolute Technique's "Always Hit" now only works for accuracy/evasion rolls. The Acrobatics keystone can avoid it.The Chance to Dodge passives between Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics are now 3%/3%/2%/2% rather than all being 1%"

Question: How will this work on characters with a sheild aswell as Acrobatics? Does the chance to dodge roll before the chance to block or only if the attack is not blocked?
There's no change here - Resolute technique has never had any interaction with blocking, and still doesn't. Blocking (and everything else) is always after you determine whether an attack hits - you can't block an attack that didn't hit you.

"
Rnew1990 wrote:
"Rescaled Poison Arrow. It now starts off around 85% stronger at level 1 and is about 1% weaker at level 15."

How will this benefit anyone using poison arrow?....looks to be another nerf
I'm not the balance guy, but presumably feedback indicated Poison arrow was too weak early and slightly too good later on. The point is to make the game balanced, not to make everything more powerful, all the time. That sometimes requires making things weaker if they're too powerful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info